Where to go in north west america for the rest of the season?

Old March 11th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Where to go in north west america for the rest of the season?

I am in south lake tahoe ATM and rather upset by the high tempuratures
and sunny forcast. I am thinking of heading somewhere else for the
rest of the season (at least 1 more month, longer if the snow is still
good). Where would you all recomend?

I was thinking that north is the obvious direction, but I do not
really know where the best snow is likely to be found. My priorities
are;

Good snow
Cheapish (accomodation as well as lift tickets)
Good terrain. I am particully into the steeps and deeps as people put
it. I like the trees at heavenly, and I enjoy mott canyon when the
snow is forgiving.
Not too crowded.
Driving time, though I am quite happy to do 2 days driving if it will
take me to good snow.

I thought that Mount hood meadows seemed like a good first stop, they
have a spring pass for $99 that sounds like a darn good deal. ANyone
know anything about accomodation (eg. a hostel) near here?
If I was a local I could get a pass for the 3 resorts at baniff for
$333 that is amazing, but I am not (a local). Is there any way to get
one of these passes?

Some people on the lifts have said it is best to head east, for
example montana. Looking at the weather channel they do not seem to
get the amount of snow, but is it better?

Any suggestions welcome. Other places that have reasnoble spring
passes are;

Mount Washington $269 season (April 15th)
Mission ridge $339.00 season
summit at snoqualmie $379 season

Old March 12th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Mar 11, 2:01 pm, wrote:
[...]

Whistler will offer a spring deal soon, but really doesn't start until
around the middle of April. The good news is that there is plenty of
base and skiing stretches into June.
This is about the time the pickup trucks start hiding out in the
woods....

Old March 13th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
rvfulltime

Mt. Baker usually has lots of snow. The closest city is
Bellingham, which is a college town Western Wash U.

Crystal Mt. has lots of tree skiing, steep skiing, etc.

Don't forget Big Sky and Big Mt. in Montana.