I'm putting the band together

Old June 28th 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

Default I'm putting the band together

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:49:29 -0400, Walt
wrote:

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:
Dick G wrote this crap:

If you do Kashmir and Stairway to Heaven I will purchase tickets

I never hear of Kashmir

Really? It's almost as well known as "Yo! Yo! I'm a Cowboy Now!"

You'll never make it on the wedding band circuit.

//Walt

Never heard of Kashmir? I'd bet your golfing buddies have
Old June 28th 10, 10:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jun 28, 2:43*pm, A mighty Hungarian
wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:48:11 -0400, Dick G wrote
this crap:

I never heard of that song. *But we're practicing, "Highway to Hell,"
"Crazy Train," and "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap."

How can a banjo be annoying? *Everyone loves a banjo.

If you do Kashmir and Stairway to Heaven I will purchase tickets

I never hear of Kashmir and I will never ever ever play Stairway to
Heaven. *How about, "I can ride my bike with no handlebars."

I thought you rode your bike with no seat.
Old June 28th 10, 11:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 06/28/10 03:52, A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 23:14:13 -0400, wrote
this crap:

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:
I'm creating the most obnoxious band ever made.

I have a bagpipe player.

Excellent. If you poke them with pins they scream loudly.

I'm playing the vuvuzela.

I have an accordion player.

Are you guys going to cover "Yo! Yo! I'm a Cowboy Now!" ?

'cause that would be awsome.

I never heard of that song. But we're practicing, "Highway to Hell,"
"Crazy Train," and "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap."

I thought that was "Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep."

How can a banjo be annoying? Everyone loves a banjo.

Exactly. I tried to learn to play one, but can't move my fingers fast enough.
Too bad Steve Martin was funny, he's a damn fine player.

--
Cheers, Bev

"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look
of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs
think humans are nuts." -- John Steinbeck

Old June 29th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

Dick G wrote this crap:

If you do Kashmir and Stairway to Heaven I will purchase tickets

I never hear of Kashmir

Really? It's almost as well known as "Yo! Yo! I'm a Cowboy Now!"

I never heard or that song either.

You'll never make it on the wedding band circuit.

//Walt

Yes I will. The first song we're practicing is, "The Chicken Dance,"
along with, "Who Let the Dogs Out." woof woof.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012 woof woof.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old June 29th 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:56:44 -0400, Dick G wrote
this crap:

I never hear of Kashmir

Never heard of Kashmir? I'd bet your golfing buddies have

A bottle of Captain Morgan says they haven't. They're all older than
me. They never listen to rap.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the rap.

Old June 29th 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:00:03 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

I never heard of that song. But we're practicing, "Highway to Hell,"
"Crazy Train," and "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap."

I thought that was "Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep."

Bob Rivers did that one.

How can a banjo be annoying? Everyone loves a banjo.

Exactly. I tried to learn to play one, but can't move my fingers fast enough.
Too bad Steve Martin was funny, he's a damn fine player.

I'm trying to remember who he did, "Dueling Banjos," with him on SNL.
I think it was one of the Smothers Brothers.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. They like banjos.

Old June 29th 10, 06:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 06/28/10 18:23, A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

wrote this crap:

I never heard of that song. But we're practicing, "Highway to Hell,"
"Crazy Train," and "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap."

I thought that was "Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep."

Bob Rivers did that one.

Weird Al did the sheep version. Never heard the original. I like Weird Al,
and I think I'd like him a lot more if I was familiar with the songs he was
parodying.

How can a banjo be annoying? Everyone loves a banjo.

Exactly. I tried to learn to play one, but can't move my fingers fast enough.

It also hurt like hell. Violin calluses are nowhere near thick enough :-(

Too bad Steve Martin was funny, he's a damn fine player.

Not a real great composer, though.

I'm trying to remember who he did, "Dueling Banjos," with him on SNL.
I think it was one of the Smothers Brothers.

The Muppets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXyvCJlPgME He did Foggy Mountain
Breakdown with Earl Scruggs and others on David Letterman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrlqQ1_vZVE

--
Cheers, Bev
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old June 29th 10, 03:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jun 28, 11:12*pm, The Real Bev wrote:

Weird Al did the sheep version. *Never heard the original. *I like Weird Al,
and I think I'd like him a lot more if I was familiar with the songs he was
parodying.

My kids used to play a Weird Al CD so much that when I hear the
original songs all I can hear are Al's "I'm Fat" or "Hey Ricky"
lyrics.
Old June 29th 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

wrote this crap:

I never heard of that song. But we're practicing, "Highway to Hell,"
"Crazy Train," and "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap."

I thought that was "Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep."

Bob Rivers did that one.

Weird Al did the sheep version. Never heard the original. I like Weird Al,
and I think I'd like him a lot more if I was familiar with the songs he was
parodying.

Sorry. it was Bob Rivers.

I'm trying to remember who he did, "Dueling Banjos," with him on SNL.
I think it was one of the Smothers Brothers.

The Muppets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXyvCJlPgME He did Foggy Mountain
Breakdown with Earl Scruggs and others on David Letterman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrlqQ1_vZVE

I don't think so. The muppets didn't have fingers and couldn't play
the guitar. And the muppets never appeared on SNL. I clearly
remember it was a brown haired person with a brown mustache. I'm
pretty certain it was one of the Smothers Brothers.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Old June 29th 10, 10:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:18:37 -0500, A mighty Hungarian
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:56:44 -0400, Dick G wrote
this crap:

I never hear of Kashmir

Never heard of Kashmir? I'd bet your golfing buddies have

A bottle of Captain Morgan says they haven't. They're all older than
me. They never listen to rap.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the rap.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me

Its not rap, more country. A little band out of England recorded it in
the mid '70's