Could Whistler's season be turning around?

Old January 9th 14, 01:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

Default Could Whistler's season be turning around?

Season snow to date was only 45% of normal as of Dec. 31, but they have added 36 cm since, and the forecast is calling for for a total of 72 cm through Friday.

Dave
Old January 9th 14, 02:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 18:49:47 -0800 (PST), Dave Stallard
wrote:

Season snow to date was only 45% of normal as of Dec. 31, but they have added 36 cm since, and the forecast is calling for for a total of 72 cm through Friday.

Dave

It looks like it could be a decent storm track for all of us in the NW
US for the next couple of days. That wouldbe awesome given our pretty
low season toals throughout the area. The back/side country has still
be pretty good if you pay attention but the in the resort skiing has
been pretty tough even with the occasional inch or two. There were
people (including me) lined up for forst chair on a three inch snow
day - since that was out secnd biggest "powder day" since November.

Bring it on!

DaveM
Old January 9th 14, 02:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 21:36:58 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

This is officially the latest I have gone without skiing in thirty years.

Too much time in the pen?

Local stuff has sucked, and I hate to tear up my rock skis.

What? You hate to ding your rock skis? Ooh, good excuse.

Waiting for another foot to fall.

Maybe by then you'll be off probation and can leave the house.

TWO new ski outfits to try,

Santa was good to you? You don't find those XXXL in the dumpsters.

but I'm getting too ****ing old to scratch out turns on a foot and a half of base.
Maybe Friday. More likely next week.

When you can find some gas money for your scooter.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old January 9th 14, 02:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

wrote:

Season snow to date was only 45% of normal as of Dec. 31, but they have added 36 cm since, and the forecast is calling for for a total of 72 cm through Friday.

Dave

It looks like it could be a decent storm track for all of us in the NW

US for the next couple of days. That wouldbe awesome given our pretty

low season toals throughout the area. The back/side country has still

be pretty good if you pay attention but the in the resort skiing has

been pretty tough even with the occasional inch or two. There were

people (including me) lined up for forst chair on a three inch snow

day - since that was out secnd biggest "powder day" since November.

Bring it on!

DaveM

This is officially the latest I have gone without skiing in thirty years. Local stuff has sucked, and I hate to tear up my rock skis. Waiting for another foot to fall. TWO new ski outfits to try, but I'm getting too ****ing old to scratch out turns on a foot and a half of base.
Maybe Friday. More likely next week.

I have been dodging the rocks and brush for the last couple of weeks.
Made some trips outside the ropes and found much better snow. Hard to
put up with after the last couple of years but I guess skiing is still
(sucy) skiing.

I'll keep doing my snow dances.

DaveM
Old January 9th 14, 07:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:26:44 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Waiting for another foot to fall.

Maybe by then you'll be off probation and can leave the house.

And once again, Huggies Horvath lies his ass off. How pathetic.

Where's the lie?

Santa was good to you? You don't find those XXXL in the dumpsters.

Just XXL, pussy.

Like them skin tight, huh? Where do you put your Ho-Hos?

but I'm getting too ****ing old to scratch out turns on a foot and a half of base.

Maybe Friday. More likely next week.

When you can find some gas money for your scooter.

You ARE stupid enough to ride in the snow, eh? One can only hope.

My bad. I should have said, "When you can steal some gas money for

Old January 9th 14, 10:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:07:53 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Waiting for another foot to fall.

Maybe by then you'll be off probation and can leave the house.

And once again, Huggies Horvath lies his ass off. How pathetic.

Where's the lie?

You are truly a pathetic, lying piece of **** coward, Huggies.

No answer?

Santa was good to you? You don't find those XXXL in the dumpsters.

Just XXL, pussy.

Like them skin tight, huh? Where do you put your Ho-Hos?

Show up in person, you'll hear me ho hoing, pussy.

Another no answer. I suppose you can wear a backpack for all your
cheap snacks.

When you can find some gas money for your scooter.

You ARE stupid enough to ride in the snow, eh? One can only hope.

My bad. I should have said, "When you can steal some gas money for
your scooter."

You're bragging about being a coward again, Huggies.

You're bragging about being a dumbass again, Trunky.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old January 10th 14, 03:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

wrote:

Season snow to date was only 45% of normal as of Dec. 31, but they
have added 36 cm since, and the forecast is calling for for a total
of 72 cm through Friday.

Dave

It looks like it could be a decent storm track for all of us in the NW
US for the next couple of days. That wouldbe awesome given our pretty
low season toals throughout the area. The back/side country has still
be pretty good if you pay attention but the in the resort skiing has
been pretty tough even with the occasional inch or two. There were
people (including me) lined up for forst chair on a three inch snow
day - since that was out secnd biggest "powder day" since November.

Bring it on!

8" of new last night made for an excellent day today at Stevens Pass. A lot more
is coming too.

Old January 10th 14, 12:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 18:22:48 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Maybe by then you'll be off probation and can leave the house.

And once again, Huggies Horvath lies his ass off. How pathetic.

Where's the lie?

You are truly a pathetic, lying piece of **** coward, Huggies.

No answer?

Why bother? You have NEVER provided ANY proof that I ever spent
a day in jail in my life, much less committed crimes that require probation.

Why don't you provide proof that you were never in jail, dumbass?
Everyone knows that drunk driving lands you in jail and gets you
probation.

My bad. I should have said, "When you can steal some gas money for

your scooter."

Oh, yeah. Once again, a demand for a verifiable ID. No answer, again.

Why don't you do to the VFW and ask those heroes who the coward is,
dumbass?

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old January 10th 14, 02:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

wrote:

Season snow to date was only 45% of normal as of Dec. 31, but they
have added 36 cm since, and the forecast is calling for for a total
of 72 cm through Friday.

Dave

It looks like it could be a decent storm track for all of us in the NW
US for the next couple of days. That wouldbe awesome given our pretty
low season toals throughout the area. The back/side country has still
be pretty good if you pay attention but the in the resort skiing has
been pretty tough even with the occasional inch or two. There were
people (including me) lined up for forst chair on a three inch snow
day - since that was out secnd biggest "powder day" since November.

Bring it on!

8" of new last night made for an excellent day today at Stevens Pass. A lot more
is coming too.

Oh yeah! 14" in two days over here and more expected. This are looking
up finally.

Almost enough to play hookey at workk but not quite.

DaveM
Old January 10th 14, 07:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:47:47 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Why don't you do to the VFW and ask those heroes who the coward is,

dumbass?

Sure. Address and phone number of the VFW. I'm sure they will
think a pathetic pussy who makes death threats on the
internet while hiding his ID is a hero, pussy.

Who's making death threats? Who's hiding?

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.