Ski Helmet Use Isn’t Reducing Brain Injuries

Old January 6th 14, 06:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Ski Helmet Use Isn’t Reducing Brain Injuries

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 10:29:17 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Screw the spotted owl, it's just EVIL to cut down something that old.
Looking at the pictures of lumberjacks standing in front of huge trees
is really sad. I read something about one such tree being cut just to
see how old it was.

We have plastic now. Leave the goddam trees alone.

Some things just HAVE to be made out of wood. Where would we be if
the teak on yachts were replaced with plastic?

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old January 6th 14, 09:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
Oldsmobile, dark green. Those are the first cars I remember. Dad
traded up to a Caddy as soon as he could. I guess they used to be
good cars, but by 1980 they were ****.

My current conservationist attitude toward old growth redwoods is
sorely tried by childhood memories from one of those road trips of
the felling of a large old growth tree; hell of an impressive crash
when that tree went down. Somewhere near that Oregon Blue Ox statue
I do think.

Apparently there is a lot of clear-cutting, but a belt of trees within
some distance of the road is left alone. Out of sight, out of mind.

Screw the spotted owl, it's just EVIL to cut down something that old.
Looking at the pictures of lumberjacks standing in front of huge trees
is really sad. I read something about one such tree being cut just to
see how old it was.

We have plastic now. Leave the goddam trees alone.

And then, there's this one.
http://www.terrain.org/essays/14/cohen.htm

Old January 6th 14, 09:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 1/6/14 10:29 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

it's just EVIL to cut down something that old. Looking at the pictures
of lumberjacks standing in front of huge trees is really sad.

Indeed.
Soulless people cut the tall trees.
Old January 7th 14, 04:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 01/06/2014 02:33 PM, Bob F wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

Not enough condemnation for the act. I'm not really a tree-hugger, but
Currey and whoever permitted/encouraged him really deserve to be
whipped at the very least. Publicly. Even if they're dead.

--
Cheers, Bev
Will give investment advice for food.
Old January 7th 14, 10:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

http://www.terain.org/essays/14/cohen.htm

Not enough condemnation for the act. I'm not really a tree-hugger, but
Currey and whoever permitted/encouraged him really deserve to be
whipped at the very least. Publicly. Even if they're dead.

You should watch the movie, "The Big Trees," starring Kirk Douglas.
Kirk Douglas stars in this rousing adventure saga that takes place in
a rough lumberjack community. The Big Trees is a classic western
filled with action, romance and excitement. Co-starring Eve Miller
and Edgar Buchanan. (Runtime: 89 min.)

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old January 17th 14, 04:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:10:54 -0500, Walt wrote
this crap:

On 1/2/2014 4:32 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:56:20 -0500, downhill
wrote this crap:

wrote:
$500 for a helmet is nuts. When I ride my Harley, I wear a
top-of-the-line full-face Bell helmet. Just like the kind NASCAR
drivers use. It doesn't cost half of that.

Based on what you post here you do not need to protect much.

This is often what the are using

http://www.therage=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=117

The one I have is more like this.
http://www.s.html?gclid=CMfGv4244LsCFYtQOgodvy0AFQ

I was picturing you in something more like this:

http://blogs1/05/tin-foil-hat.jpg

What about you? Do you sack up and leave your helmet behind with your
purse?

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.