My snowbanks

Old May 12th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_16_]

Default My snowbanks

Richard Henry wrote:
On May 11, 9:13 am, "Bob F" wrote:
"ant" wrote in message

The Dream of Butter wrote:
On May 9, 6:17 pm, Richard Henry wrote:

But is it kosher?

Does it matter? It's a frigging hot dog for Christ's sake! Do you
really
care if a vat of toenails, parts, parts, and parts was blessed by a
rabbi?

Kosher is fascism. Deny all religious lifestyle dogma.

I thought kosher meant it didn't have any milk in it, or scales, or
something.

The kosher gherkins in american supermarkets are always the good
ones to get.

Kosher would certainly mean no dairy products mixed with meat, no
pork, etc.

I once saw a "Kosher hot dog" in a food machine. It was a bun
containing a weiner sliced open and filled with cheese. Someone had
a sense of humor.

Maybe there was no meat in the weiner.

Or the cheese was rubbish!

That's pretty funny though, as you'd expect that americans would know all
that kosher stuff.

The frankfurt was most likely sawdust flavoured with cow mince.

--
ant
Don't try to email me!

Old May 12th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

The Real Bev wrote:

I killed a mouse once, but I'll be damned if I'd eat it unless I was
really starving.

Ever talk to a surviver of a WWII Japanese POW camp?

My family sources tell me mice, rats, and monkeys are mighty tasty under
the proper circumstances.

I think I'll wait until my situation is slightly more desperate before
testing their observations. One more year of McBush should do it.
Old May 13th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Dream of Butter

On May 11, 8:58 pm, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article ,

"ant" wrote:
The Dream of Butter wrote:
Kosher is fascism. Deny all religious lifestyle dogma.

I thought kosher meant it didn't have any milk in it, or scales, or
something.

Kashrut/Kosher are dietary laws, that make sense when one lives in a
very hot climate without refrigeration, like Southwest Asia a couple
thousand years ago.

I rest my case. Failing to adjust one's diet to the technological
advances
of the last 2000 years is simply kowtowing to the irrational fascism
of the
religious authority.
Old May 13th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

*"ant" wrote:
The Dream of Butter wrote:
Kosher is fascism. Deny all religious lifestyle dogma.

I thought kosher meant it didn't have any milk in it, or scales, or
something.

Kashrut/Kosher are dietary laws, that make sense when one lives in a
very hot climate without refrigeration, like Southwest Asia a couple
thousand years ago.

I rest my case. Failing to adjust one's diet to the technological
advances
of the last 2000 years is simply kowtowing to the irrational fascism
of the
religious authority.

Since the technological advances of the last 50 years include the
ability to make vegetables (and who knows what else) taste like meat,
I'll stick with Kosher, where available.

BTW, I bought some of those Nathan's dogs. I am eating one now
Nathan's style, I believe (whitebread bun and plain yellow mustard).
I like the crunch of the casing, and the flavor is unique. I know
they claim to have a secret spice mix, which I kind of like, although
my first impression was that one of the spices is dried cat pee.

Old May 13th 08, 06:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Dream of Butter

"ant" wrote:
The Dream of Butter wrote:
[...]

Okay fine, eat your kosher dried-cat-pee-tasting wieners. But when
they tell you to circumsize your daughter, don't come looking to me
for excuses.

I'm going to go enjoy a bacon cheeseburger. Nom Nom Nom
Old May 16th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Sun, 11 May 2008 20:08:16 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

In the warrior's handbook, anything you kill yourself is kosher.

I killed a mouse once, but I'll be damned if I'd eat it unless I was
really starving.

Wuss!

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me