Valle Nevado - Chile

Old August 17th 10, 01:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Valle Nevado - Chile

On Aug 17, 2:26*am, Ted Waldron wrote:

* Mexican Spanish, what most Americans encounter isn't a skeleton key
for other Latin American Countries. * It is fine in Mexico, speaking to
"Chilangos" (People from Mexico City) but it doesn't help when speaking
to "Portenos" (people from Buenos Aires) or "Santiguinos" *(People from
Santiago de Chile) *As with all City Dwellers, they are proud of their
own lexicon.

* If one is going to be vulgar and crude, at least know the subtleties
of the country and language one is trying to be insulting in. * * Sort
of follow the teaching of Frank Zappa in what he thought of cuss words..

I have discovered in my trips to Spain that the "Spanish" I know from
living in the southwest, taking "Spanish" in high school, and
travelling in Mexico for a month at a time, is really "Mexican".

I like the part of Spain N. of Barcelona, part of the Catalunya
Region. And they speak a different kind of Spanish than the rest of
Spain even.

Old August 17th 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Aug 17, 1:22*am, comadrejo wrote:
In article
,

*twobuddha wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:29*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article ,

*"MG" wrote:
Now that's actually somewhat funny.

* It really isn't that funny, as stupid and puerile.

"Chinga tu madre" is what he trying to get at. *"Chingar" is pretty much
only used in Mexico. *People wouldn't understand what insult one is
trying to say in other Latin American Countries. *Much like "Pendejo"
has different meanings in different Spanish speaking countries. *
Language is all living and constantly changing or the jargon for each
country is always in motion.

"Joder" is used in other countries. "Cagar" *has the same connotation in
Chile. *

It just shows that he is a brain damaged lout.

Cagar du Madre, ppppppppuuuuuuussssssyyyyyy. *I would be delighted to
say that to your face. *

* Well if you dream of saying this to my face, at least have the decency
to say it correctly...

Geez, Ted, YOU should have insulted me correctly when you did so sorta
to my face, except you were peering out from behind the skirts of a
cop and a judge.
You know, when you committed perjury and stated, under oath, that I
had threatened you?
Allow me to correct you. Show the post, pppppuuuuuuuusssssssyyyyy.

Btw, "Du" is the personal you in German, not in Spanish, Meerschwein. *

Try again..

**** yourself, you dickless freak. Comprende,
ppppppuuuuuuusssssssyyyyyy?

Huevon.

Say it in person. Ooooops, forgot. That huevos thing again.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
(ps: that was the Spanish translation of BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
Old August 17th 10, 05:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Aug 17, 2:36*am, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
*Ted Waldron wrote:

* If one is going to be vulgar and crude, at least know the subtleties
of the country and language one is trying to be insulting in. * * Sort
of follow the teaching of Frank Zappa in what he thought of cuss words...

I know! *I can't tell you how many times I've tried to call someone a
syphilitic whore's son whose father was probably a Sicilian sailor,

One would think you would know how to describe yourself in several
languages.
Old August 27th 10, 08:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:04:17 -1000, Ted Waldron
wrote:

In article ,
Dick G wrote:

Heading to Valle Nevado, curious if anyone has skied this area, or
stayed at Hotel Valle Nevado

I have been there, a couple times. Most of the ski areas in South
America with some exceptions are set up with lots of blue cruisers.
(Portillo and Las Lenas excluded) snow quality is okay. During la nina
winter, which I have been there a couple times, there has been no snow
at La Parva and Valle Nevado.

Try to spend a one or two days at La Parva. Check snow conditions,
if they are bad, see if you can get a day or two at Termas de Chillan,
which will have better snow conditions, but they also were close to the
earthquake that hit Chile in February.

here is a pointer for certain Chilean slang and chilean food...

http://www.contactchile.cl/en/chile-chilean-slang.php

http://www.contactchile.cl/en/chile-food-drink.php

http://www.gochile.cl/ads/vallenevado/Valle-NevadoE.asp

?Encanta su viaje a los centros de esqui!

Ted, decent skiing not as much snow as there should have been, all in
all a good time. Food was excellent, accommodations very nice
Old August 28th 10, 02:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Aug 28, 1:18*am, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article ,
*Dick G wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:04:17 -1000, Ted Waldron
wrote:

In article ,
Dick G wrote:

[...]

* What were likes and dislikes of Chile and Valle Nevado?

How was the base? *I assume it was either some man made, and maybe some
warm over corn..

* *If I had to go ski down there next winter, I probably see what is
going on at Las Lenas, then San Miguel de Los Andes, then to Antillanca,
and then finally to Termas de Chillan. * *

Anyway, glad you had a good time...- Hide quoted text -

How about to Lower Woodland today? I'll be playing tennis. Stop by
and spew your ****.
Ooooops, forgot. That balls thing again.
Old August 28th 10, 09:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:18:30 -1000, Ted Waldron
wrote:

In article ,
Dick G wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:04:17 -1000, Ted Waldron
wrote:

In article ,
Dick G wrote:

[...]

People were amazing, very warm, friendly (the mine incident was the
biggest topic of conversation). No problem with English at all at the
hill, transfers to the resort were fast, pick up at the airport was
quick (even with lost luggage they waited). Lost luggage = shopping,
not the best selection for someone who is 6'3" in this country.
Nightlife was rather quiet, which was good, food was good, however
inconsistent (same restaurant 3 different times, same order, all
prepared very differently). Local beer was good, however the wines
were fantastic, on par with Australia & Cal.

How was the base? I assume it was either some man made, and maybe some
warm over corn..

Base was pretty messy, a real mix of corn and mash by mid day

If I had to go ski down there next winter, I probably see what is
going on at Las Lenas, then San Miguel de Los Andes, then to Antillanca,
and then finally to Termas de Chillan.

Anyway, glad you had a good time...

All in all I enjoyed it and will probably book again next season
Old August 29th 10, 06:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 18:10:05 -1000, comadrejo
wrote:

In article ,
Dick G wrote:

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:18:30 -1000, Ted Waldron
wrote:

In article ,
Dick G wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:04:17 -1000, Ted Waldron
wrote:

In article ,
Dick G wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I understand the difficulty finding anything for in larger or
extra large. I looked though half of Santiago trying to find cleats my
shoe size for futbol. I was known as "El Norugeo" (The Norwegian)
where I travelled and work in Chile, because I towered over everyone.

I am glad that you had a good time, and Chileans were being, well
Chileans... Most of them are pretty friendly and courteous. It has it
problems as any country, but it is a good place to travel about.

For the wines, first the Valle de Maipo, which is part of Greater
Santiago, is one of premier grape growing areas, because of the lime
content in the soil. Second, the blight that devastated European wines
in the 19th Century, I believed never hit Chile, or didn't destroy the
vinyards in Chile. The grapes used are more like grapes grown in Europe
before the blight. However I could be wrong about this. (the grapes in
Europe now, were grafted from California grapes that were blight
resistant, or Phylloxera resistant)

The Cabernet Sauvignons are good, ditto with the Merlots, I don't know
if Chile has any big Pinot Noir maker, and some of the whites grown
down South are okay. You probably had some Pisco, which are grapes
grown in Valleys in the North, (There is "The North", where the mines
are, and "El Norte Chico" a bit north of Santiago, where the Elqui
Valley is located, where pisco grapes are grown)

When you mentioned you were going to Valle Nevado, I was worried it
was going to be patchy at best, with little to no snow, or just plain
slushy.. It is kind of letdown for flying 8-10 hours, paying money for
top accommodations and skiing on crappy snow.

All in all I enjoyed it and will probably book again next season

If you want to do down for a purely skiing trip, I probably recommend
Termas de Chillan and San Miguel del Los Andes in Argentina for snow
quality and snow quantity. If you want to do a part ski trip, part
cultural trip, I would say go back to Valle Nevado/La Parva or to
Portillo, and stay there and one or two days in Santiago. Another
interesting place is to go down to Temuco and the Mapuche/Araucanian
region, to spend some time in Temuco and at Pucon, where the Villarica
ski area is located. It is where the monkey puzzle tree is indigenous
to....

If you want to do a part ski/part wine trip. Probably Valle Nevado,
Cousino Macul and other vineyards in the Valle del Maipo, Portillo and
then over to Mendoza, which looks like a very glamorized Bakersfield
Calfornia for the Malbecs. Mendoza is also the transport hub to Las
Lenas.

ciao.

Great points, my thanks, I think we will probably try and co-ordinate
with 2 other families turn it into a ski/tour. I understand it is
worth a tour to the Iguazu Falls area
Old August 31st 10, 01:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Aug 30, 3:29*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 08/29/10 11:35, Dick G wrote:

wrote:

If you want to do a part ski/part wine trip. *Probably Valle Nevado,
Cousino Macul and other vineyards in the Valle del Maipo, Portillo and
then over to Mendoza, which looks like a very glamorized Bakersfield
Calfornia for the Malbecs. *Mendoza is also the transport hub to Las
Lenas.

ciao.

Great points, my thanks, I think we will probably try and co-ordinate
with 2 other families turn it into a ski/tour. I understand it is
worth a tour to the Iguazu Falls area

Incredibly stupendiferous, or at least that's the way the pictures make
the falls look.

I LOVE IT!!! Two original terrorists discussing skiing with DICK
GOZINYA, who up until recently was making some truly vile jokes about
raping childen and accusing me of being a child molester.
Incredibly Stupidiferous!!!!!!!

Old September 1st 10, 03:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 08/31/10 09:38, Dick G wrote:

wrote:
On 08/29/10 11:35, Dick G wrote:

Great points, my thanks, I think we will probably try and co-ordinate
with 2 other families turn it into a ski/tour. I understand it is
worth a tour to the Iguazu Falls area

Incredibly stupendiferous, or at least that's the way the pictures make
the falls look.

Have you been?

No, I just looked at pictures.

--
Cheers, Bev
66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 666666666

Skiing Chile - where to stay? Vitaly Shmatikov Alpine Skiing 5 April 23rd 04 04:49 PM
Valle Blanche james European Ski Resorts 13 March 25th 04 01:01 PM
Chile/Argentina Magnum626 Snowboarding 2 February 21st 04 10:46 AM
Valle Blanche Snorer European Ski Resorts 0 August 27th 03 03:22 PM
chile next year... lizbubb Snowboarding 0 July 2nd 03 05:35 PM