OK, people, still like Bush now?

Old July 31st 03, 03:35 PM
AstroPax

Default OK, people, still like Bush now?

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:08:31 +0100, "InMyTree"
wrote:

but you didn't come until it suited you..

No ****, Sherlock !!!

Why the hell would we do something that is going to cost us thousands
upon thousands of american lives if it is not in our national
interest?

-Astro

Old July 31st 03, 10:25 PM
Ted W.

pigo wrote:

snip

However, in skiing terms, France is IMHO a superpower, From La

Grave

to Mt.Blanc, Alpine Guides training are still set by French Standards,
the Creme de la Creme are not recognize unless they spend some time at
Chamonix. There are so many words use in skiing that are French, from
"piste" to "couloir" etc. etc. I suggest one should start using other
words to substitute the french version, such as "freedom chutes"

instead

of couloirs, "freedom runs" instead of "piste" and "liberty skiing"
rather than "randonee".

I think there should be a debate about what North American Country

is

the Skiing superpower, my vote at this moment is Canada has an edge

over

the U.S, but then again, I haven't skied around Valdez yet, so i

don't

have all the facts..

Ted

And what N. American Country has kept Europe free so that when you want
to ski Mt. Blanc it's not part of Germany or , more recently the USSR
or, even more recently a fundamentalist Muslim nation?

The U.S did not win the Second World War all on its own, it was an
Allied effort. The U.S played an incredible major part, but it took
Yanks, Brits, Free French, Canadians, Poles and countless other
nationalities to liberate France and defeat Germany. The victories,
like the Falaise Gap, were an Allied effort, some of the defeats like
Arnhem were an Allied effort. The U.S helped supply 70-75% of the
material to win the war in Europe, but it took a joint effort to produce
quality goods. For example, P-51 Mustang was powered by a Packard
Merlin Engine, which was a Rolls Royce design engine. "Liberty Ships"
were a British Design boat. There are countless other examples of joint
effort, like the Atomic bomb, 10cm Radar,Ultra intelligence that combine
the best of many countries to make feasible. It wasn't one nation that
won the war, much like how the Soviets poo-poo US and British Aid to
them after their "Great Patriotic War". They couldn't won without the
U.S and vice versa.

Ditto with the Cold War, it was NATO, not just the US that was a
deterent to Soviet Influence and Aggression in Europe. It is all not
black and white or that simplistic.

In the scheme of things, France defeated Fundamentalist Muslim nations
all on its own, when Charles Martel defeated the Muslim Hordes at Tours
in 792, They went back to Spain, and spread civilization and alegbra
while the Dark Ages were still in Europe. When you drink your coffee in
the morning, it was those Fundamental Muslim hordes that concocted the
magic elixir. They also brought gunpowder to the Europeans from China,
gave them the Latine Sail and most likely the compass as well.

Beside all the silly season arguing, France is still a skiing
superpower, with Switzerland,Austria and Italy not too far behind.

Ted

Old August 1st 03, 03:09 PM
pigo

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
Sven Golly wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote in

:

Here's what Pat Buchanan says about that:

Why would anyone quote Pat Buchanan as an authority on anything

other
irrelevancy?

Authority or not, he's certainly someone that no one could call left
wing.

Nor right wing. He's some sort of mutant.

Old August 16th 03, 07:23 PM
Richard Henry

"marika" wrote in message
om...
"pigo" wrote in message

Was there, really, anyone out there that didn't expect the "war" to be
the easy part and last about a month (turned out to be even shorter) and
the "peace" to take about 5 years and cost the majority of the
casualties? To me that seems to be such a matter of common sense that
it's not worth mentioning until someone disputes the obvious.

my father basically said verbatim, on Saturday, what
you said in this article.

hilary said that she wants to be a Senator to be a Senator,
that she is not interested in the White House. She is lying
and will make something up to explain the lie in 4 years.

Kennedy? A GORE? A Nixon? A
Mondale? A Ford? Eisenhower? Bush? Reagan? Carter? ....

They had much political experience behind them qualifying them
for the job. She has NONE. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. Four yrs. in the
Seante hardly qualifies you. And whhen Bush got in, his
laughably lame 5 yrs as a governor were more than what
she'll have in 4.

My Republican friends were telling me a few years ago that Hillary was
really running the White House.

Old August 16th 03, 07:47 PM
Java Man (Espressopithecus)

In article , marika5000
@my-deja.com says...
"pigo" wrote in message ...

Was there, really, anyone out there that didn't expect the "war" to be
the easy part and last about a month (turned out to be even shorter) and
the "peace" to take about 5 years and cost the majority of the
casualties? To me that seems to be such a matter of common sense that
it's not worth mentioning until someone disputes the obvious.

my father basically said verbatim, on Saturday, what
you said in this article.

hilary said that she wants to be a Senator to be a Senator,
that she is not interested in the White House. She is lying
and will make something up to explain the lie in 4 years.

I hope this isn't a "Democrats tell lies but Republicans don't" comment.
They're all liars, and no party has a monopoly on lying. It's just that
Dems notice Republican lies, and vice-versa.

They lie to us because that's what we want. When it comes to politics,
few voters like to be told the truth.

Rick
Old August 16th 03, 09:17 PM
Sue

In message . net, Java
Man writes

They lie to us because that's what we want. When it comes to politics,
few voters like to be told the truth.

Not just in politics. People all over the place WANT to believe that
the men who have the power are using it honestly and intelligently for
the good of us all.
Pick up some of those books people read on commuter trains and work out
why people find them so comforting - is Harry Potter's head teacher a
useless figurehead? Is the Patrician of Ankh-Morpork living it up at
the public expense while ignoring the state of the city? Is Inspector
Morse an apathetic incompetent lager-swilling oaf?
Some of the posters here have a death grip on the belief that they're
ruled by Galahads, in spite of all evidence to the contrary.
--
Sue ]
Old August 17th 03, 02:31 AM
marika

"Richard Henry" wrote in message news:1xv%a.2083$QT5.1612@fed1read02...

My Republican friends were telling me a few years ago that Hillary was
really running the White House.

She did do a great job with the gardens
I get a kick out of seing what has been done so far.
We should have done a "before and after", but didn't think of it.

she hit it with
roundup and you can see it is beginning to droop - not dead yet
though.

she made a rustic arbor to attach the roses to so they wouldn't attack
the bushes when they got there!
Did you know about the birdbath?
it was behind the lilac. A regular secret garden.

she also bought about 30000 dollars worth of flowers that would come
up every
year and put them in place of the empty spots where the weeds were
pulled
out, bright yellow brown eyed susans, tall holly hocks, and some
purple
asters, and blue boneset and some little pink soapwort. They should
blossom
after the day lillys are gone. They are more expensive than
annual flowers, but what good would annuals be next year if the bushes
werecoming? she wanted them to be
able to enjoy them. Even if you they let them go wild it should be
pretty.

the seeds have sprouted.

mk5000

"so, are we getting a DVD, or what?"--leeno