Good food in SLC ?

Old February 22nd 04, 05:19 PM
scottabe

Default Vern 93, Gutless Freak and Psychopathic Liar

in article , Terd Fartingmor at
wrote on 2/22/04 10:02 AM:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:19:58 -0800, scottabe
wrote this crap:

You already skipped out at Tony Packos.

You already skipped out five times at El Chubasco, you sick cowardly nutless
bubba sucking freak.

And if I show up, you'll be hiding at the Neverland Ranch, again,
behind the Nation of Islam security, sucking on Michael Jackson's
liddle wee-wee, again.

Why not show up and find out, asshole?
You'll go to Never-never land, for damn sure.
Go wag your weenie again at an old lady. That's all you are good for.

Old February 22nd 04, 11:09 PM
tlf

Default Good food in SLC ?

Tiburon rocks - it's on 7th East in Sandy around 90th South...

http://utah.citysearch.com/profile/1...h_name_noncust

-tlf

"Walt" wrote in message

I'm gearing up for my annual pilgrimage to SLC, but this time I'm
traveling with a couple of foodies who'll be looking for better than
merely adequate food at dinner time. The last couple of times I went by
myself or with the non-food fixated, so I just hit whatever was
convenient near the hotel before falling into bed. This time I need to
do a bit better.

So, recommendations anyone? We'll be staying in the Sandy/Midvale area
(a conscious decision to save money on accommodations so we can blow it
on food). Not opposed to driving to the downtown area if that's what it
takes. Probably don't want to drive back up the Canyon or over to Park
City, but will if it's worth the trip. Looking for quality food, not
necessarily pretentious atmosphere or obsequious service. Willing to
spend a few $$$ if warranted, but the object is to get good food, not
just spend money. Wine or (real) beer with dinner is a must.

A related question: usually when we travel we try to eat the cuisine
that the area's known for; French-style in Quebec, Pacific Rim in
Whistler, Southwestern in Santa Fe, etc. What's SLC known for? Any
local delicacies that they do particularly well there that we shouldn't
miss? Any styles that should be avoided?

--
//-Walt
//