Zell am See

Old February 1st 04, 02:16 AM
Carl Price

Default Zell am See

I going to be on a business trip to Zell am See Austria next week. Any
recomendation on local places to board? I plan to just brin g my boots
and rent the board. I was there for 24 hours a week ago and stayed at
the Hotel Latini, but didn't have time to check out the area.

--
replace the "dot" with "." to reply
Old February 2nd 04, 11:42 AM
Jürgen Schmadlak

Carl Price wrote:

I going to be on a business trip to Zell am See Austria next week. Any
recomendation on local places to board? I plan to just brin g my boots
and rent the board. I was there for 24 hours a week ago and stayed at

Schmittenhoehe is not bad for boarding. 3 cable railways start in Zell
to this area. In one day you can do most of the trails. If you need
more trails go to Saalbach-Hinterglemm, 10 km away from Zell.

At the moment there is a lot of snow in Austria. But if you like
boarding on the glazier, you can go to Kaprun, 15 km from Zell.

I only know some german Websites, but here you can see a map of the
area.

http://www.bergfex.at/schmittenhoehe/
http://www.bergfex.at/saalbach-hinterglemm-leogang/
http://www.bergfex.at/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/

Enjoy your trip.

--
Jürgen Schmadlak
Old February 2nd 04, 05:41 PM
Jürgen Schmadlak

Jürgen Schmadlak wrote:

Carl Price wrote:
Schmittenhoehe is not bad for boarding. 3 cable railways start in Zell
to this area. In one day you can do most of the trails. If you need
more trails go to Saalbach-Hinterglemm, 10 km away from Zell.

I forgot, the ticket for Schmittenhoehe includes also Kaprun. If you
want to board in Zell and also in Saalbach-Hinterglemm you can buy a
combi ticket for both areas.

--
Satisfy your thirst for life!
NP: Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank
Old February 3rd 04, 06:45 PM
juergen heimhofer

Jürgen Schmadlak wrote in message ...
Jürgen Schmadlak wrote:

Carl Price wrote:
Schmittenhoehe is not bad for boarding. 3 cable railways start in Zell
to this area. In one day you can do most of the trails. If you need
more trails go to Saalbach-Hinterglemm, 10 km away from Zell.

I forgot, the ticket for Schmittenhoehe includes also Kaprun. If you
want to board in Zell and also in Saalbach-Hinterglemm you can buy a
combi ticket for both areas.

check out only the glacier kitzsteinhorn
[http://www.kitzsteinhorn.at/english/default.htm]!

due to the fact that we have currently pretty high temperatures in
austria i would prefer the kitzsteinhorn to the schmittenhöhe or
saalbach/hinterglemm!

enjoy your trip & greetings from austria,

:
juergen
:
//to keep one's POWDER dry\\