What is a good size board for me??

Old December 6th 03, 03:24 AM
brent parker

Default What is a good size board for me??

Hello,

I was wondering what a good size board would be . . . I am 6'2" and weigh 160
lbs. The size that comes up to my chin would be about 169cm. I wear a size
11.5 shoe. They say lighter riders should buy a smaller board. Would that
apply to me?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Think SNOW!!
--Brent

Old December 6th 03, 04:48 PM
John Sangiovanni

hey brent, when i bought my first board i was almost exactly the same size
as you (the only difference was that my boot size was a 12). a board that
comes up to your chin should be about a 163 or so, and that's what i'd go
with. i bought a k2 trucker 163 wide back about 4 years ago. it's a
big-ass board, but you'll need that with your height and especially your
foot size - nothing ruins a day on the piste like toe drag or heel drag. so
that's my recommendation - about a 160-163 length, and at least a 26 cm
waist. another board that might be good for you is the one i just bought
last week. it's a k2 satellite wide 158. they have a longer satellite too,
maybe a 161 or so. if you choose to buy that board, i'd go with the 161 or
whatever it is, because it sounds like you're a beginner, and a longer board
will offer more stability. hope this helps...

-john

Old December 6th 03, 08:11 PM
brent parker

Hi John,

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the information. That will be very
helpful. I'd like to go to my local ski shop and have them tell me that, but I
would feel bad, because that's not where I'll buy my board--too expensive for
a college student. I know a friend who has a brother with a connection to Ride
snowboards. I have heard good things about them, and I'm probably going to get
one of the lower end to mid range boards. I still have some shopping around to
do . . . And yes I have only gone snowboarding once.
Thanks again,
Brent Parker

Old December 6th 03, 09:08 PM
John Sangiovanni

brent, sounds like you have a good hook-up. and a low to mid-price board is
the best to learn on. beat the crap out of it, then when you get better you
can upgrade and not worry about tearing your new board up...

[...]

Donek Wide too "fast" a board for me? Johnny1 Snowboarding 18 December 6th 03 07:19 AM
Duret board - Any good? Jesper Christiansen Snowboarding 0 December 2nd 03 06:04 PM
Which size board to buy? Savage Snowboarding 4 November 7th 03 01:52 PM
Board sizing... Brett Snowboarding 1 October 19th 03 11:07 PM
Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider Brett Snowboarding 11 October 7th 03 02:02 AM