Your Opinions On Ride LS Bindings Please!

Old October 20th 03, 10:05 PM
John

Default Your Opinions On Ride LS Bindings Please!

Hey all,

Ok I am pretty new to this and finally bought all my equip. I ended
up buying Ride LS Bindings as I was able to get them on sale for $150
Canadian. When I went to the Ride site tonight it says, "Providing
all-mountain versatility for kids and beginners alike, the LS is the
foundation of Ride's proven lightweight, durable aluminum binding
line." Now I understand $150 is entry level. Is that all they mean
by for "beginner"??? and for Kids? I don't know any kid that could
fit into a M/L bindin. Unless on their site they mean micro? Size
2-5. So I probably just answered my own question. But just want this
varified.

Basically just want reassured from someone who I didn't buy these off
of that they will be good for me the new boarder who will primarily
free ride.

Thanks all.
John
Old October 20th 03, 11:37 PM
Stephen

"John" wrote in message
om...
[...]

The kids reference would be to the Micro LS's. I have Ride LS's that I
bought around mid last season as a relatively inexpensive way to get rid of
my step-ins. I freeride, and am somewhere between intermediate and advanced.
So far, I'm fairly happy with the bindings. Occasionally after an
interesting run, I'll find one of the buckles has loosened, but otherwise no
problems. In my opinion, even lower-end Ride bindings are still better
engineered than many other bindings in the same price range.

Steve

Old October 21st 03, 01:00 AM
Mike T

Basically just want reassured from someone who I didn't buy these off
of that they will be good for me the new boarder who will primarily
free ride.

As you go to the high-end models in any one manufacturer's lineup you
typically find at least two of the following in comparison to the
lower-end:

*More comfortable straps / highbacks
*Stiffer overall construction
*More adjustability
*Lighter weight
*More gimmicks

If you're happy with the comfort, stiffness, adhustability, and weight
then you're all set! Don't worry that it's the bottom of the line.

-Mike T

Old October 21st 03, 05:39 AM
TomTom

The Ride LS bindings should serve you well for a couple years. Ride em like
hell, they can take it. I've been using Ride bindings for 5 years now.

-Tom

"John" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old October 21st 03, 09:57 AM
Keith

"John" wrote in message
om...
Hey all,

Ok I am pretty new to this and finally bought all my equip. I ended
up buying Ride LS Bindings as I was able to get them on sale for $150
Canadian.

snip
Basically just want reassured from someone who I didn't buy these off
of that they will be good for me the new boarder who will primarily
free ride.

I got a pair of Ride LS's at the beginning of last season and they've been
fine. I actually spoke to a guy who's higher-end Ride bindings started to
fall apart becuase of the more complicated base construction, so I felt
pretty chuffed at going for the cheaper ones!

Keith

Old October 21st 03, 02:44 PM
John

If you're happy with the comfort, stiffness, adhustability, and weight
then you're all set! Don't worry that it's the bottom of the line.

-Mike T

Awsome thanks a lot guys for your post back to my original question.
I for sure like the look and the fact they appear to be built strong!
Which was one thing I was going for. Not into gimmiks right right
now, and im on a budget, so these were for sure a good deal then.

Just gota wait for some snow here in Ontario!

Cheers
John
Old October 22nd 03, 04:19 AM
Tiburon27

Ontario eh? Well hello fellow Ontarian, from the home of INCO and the Big
Nickel!

Where do you usually ride? My friends and I drive over to Jack Pine in
North Bay usually or Horseshoe in Barrie once in a blue moon. Plus
Horseshoe is usually the first hill open in Ontario. Yeah it's one chair
and 3 runs in November but it's snowboarding in November! So, I guess I
could be riding in less than a month!

I have the blue/grey 2001-2002 Ride LS's on my 167 Gnu board and they hold
up well. I abuse my bindings as ride Ontario's blue ice, have big feet and
am over 200lbs. I agree that a low end Ride is better that alot of
companies mid range bindings.

My buddy has some yellow Drakes from 2 years ago and I prefer my Rides. He
prefers his Drakes so it's all personal preference I guess

Old October 22nd 03, 03:29 PM
John

Where do you usually ride? My friends and I drive over to Jack Pine in
North Bay usually or Horseshoe in Barrie once in a blue moon. Plus
Horseshoe is usually the first hill open in Ontario. Yeah it's one chair
and 3 runs in November but it's snowboarding in November! So, I guess I
could be riding in less than a month!

Hey there bud,

I live in SW Ontario. So its a 45min drive to get to Boler Mt.
Not the biggest in Ontario but hey its fun! My cousin lives about a
20min drive from Blue Mt. ) So we will head up there a few times a
month as we can stay a night for free.

My wife and I just bought our gear for our first real year of boarding
and can't wait. Planning a trip to Mt. Tremblant in Quebec also.
That should be a really wicked time there. But cost so damn much
getting into boarding and being in our young 20's gota have some fun!
So figured being snow season is only 4-5 months around here we may as
well do it as much as possible and enjoy!

I guess in the Collingwood area there are a few resorts to pickfrom.
My brothers went to Mt. Saint Louie/Moonstone and said it was an
awsome place to board also.?! Have to check it out if I can too.

Cheers,
John
Old October 23rd 03, 01:16 AM
Al_xtreme

Yah! The season is coming damn fast!
In around 3 weeks my local resort (Mont Sainte-Anne) will open it's first
run! I've got Heelside Bindings with an NFA board. These boards are the best
on the market and are built here, in Canada. For your bindings, try some
models with your boots, but the best thing is to try them on the slope. You
need something comfortable with a good and quick response for edge to edge
transfer.

Cheers

om...