Iowa July 3rd 2005

Old July 6th 05, 08:21 PM
uglymoney

Default Iowa July 3rd 2005

AstroPax doesn't ever make it to Iowa, but I found a guy with a big
ol' SLR willing to trade pictures for a pull behind the boat. He is a
sports photographer (on an internship) for a local paper. Took him
skiing and he took some nice pictures.

Summertime fun. Some slalom skiing and barefooting. Both use
basically the same turning form as with alpine skiing, which is why I
love them both so much.

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/slalomjuly22005.jpg

Cutting wide on bare feet::

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble1.jpg

And then the tumble:

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble2.jpg

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble3.jpg

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble4.jpg

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble5.jpg

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble6.jpg

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble7.jpg

We brought this girl with us as well. She was having fun jumping the
wakes on jump skis and this is a great shot:

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/jumper.jpg

In sadder news, my old outboard blew a piston. On happier news, I
have a 2006 225 Evinrude E-Tec purchased. Take delivery the day after
labor day! Sweet, sweet engines.

http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/Engine...6.250.225.200/

nate
Old July 6th 05, 08:26 PM
Chester Bullock

uglymoney wrote:
AstroPax doesn't ever make it to Iowa, but I found a guy with a big
ol' SLR willing to trade pictures for a pull behind the boat. He is a
sports photographer (on an internship) for a local paper. Took him
skiing and he took some nice pictures.

Good pics Nate, looks like fun. I haven't skiied for 2 years now,
starting to go crazy not being on the water. Maybe in a couple weeks...

----------------------
Chester

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
Old July 6th 05, 09:58 PM
bdubya

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 20:21:18 GMT, uglymoney
wrote:

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble6.jpg

I think that shot works better on its own than as part of a
series....talk about kickin'it New School...."you should SEE the moves
they're bustin' in Iowa these days!"

bw
Old July 6th 05, 10:25 PM
Richard Henry

"uglymoney" wrote in message
news
AstroPax doesn't ever make it to Iowa, but I found a guy with a big
ol' SLR willing to trade pictures for a pull behind the boat. He is a
sports photographer (on an internship) for a local paper. Took him
skiing and he took some nice pictures.

Summertime fun. Some slalom skiing and barefooting. Both use
basically the same turning form as with alpine skiing, which is why I
love them both so much.

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/slalomjuly22005.jpg

Cutting wide on bare feet::

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble1.jpg

And then the tumble:

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble2.jpg

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble3.jpg

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble4.jpg

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble5.jpg

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble6.jpg

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble7.jpg

Did you think that if you held on to the rope that you would eventually
recover?

Old July 6th 05, 10:46 PM
uglymoney

wrote:

http://home.mchsi.com/~uglymoney3/tumble6.jpg

I think that shot works better on its own than as part of a
series....talk about kickin'it New School...."you should SEE the moves
they're bustin' in Iowa these days!"

bw

Your right, that is a great shot. I like how the water little spray
there is in contrast to the next one where I put my feet in. Its
actually an old move, with a new camera that lets him machine gun
expose pictures for basically free. I only posted about 1 in every 5
shots in the series, and that tumble is very fast. Amazing how many
pics these new digi SLR's can snap through. He had a big pack of
storage media that he kept flipping through, as he kept filling them
up. I was too busy to see what they were, but he will be around all
summer so I plan to do some more investigating. The camera was a
Cannon I believe, not a Nikon like Mikey and Astro use.

nate
Old July 7th 05, 12:11 PM
ant

Richard Henry wrote:

Did you think that if you held on to the rope that you would
eventually recover?

He might get dragged along on his front! (like when snowboarders fall over
on the t-bar and get dragged along like bags of laundry).

Top shots.

--
ant

VOTE! Usenet Kook Awards, April 2005 Archibald Q. Leachington Alpine Skiing 0 May 1st 05 09:55 PM
DISCOVERY 2005 benson Alpine Skiing 0 November 17th 04 03:36 PM
Skiing in the US 2005 ??? PK European Ski Resorts 14 August 21st 04 12:23 PM
Skiing Whistler - Horstman on July 31st - Update brenda Alpine Skiing 0 September 29th 03 05:11 PM
4th of july 2003! Inger Skramstad Jørstad Alpine Skiing 0 July 4th 03 04:47 PM