Mpeg Races, Beitosprinten Norweigian National race

Old November 18th 03, 10:59 AM
Janne G

Default Mpeg Races, Beitosprinten Norweigian National race

National Norweigian 2003 XC-skiing in Beitostolen in VBR ~400kbit quality and DivX
encoding, with audio in 32kbit mono mpeg3 (mp3), Norweigian commentators.

ftp://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub2/BeitoSprinten-03/
http://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub2/BeitoSprinten-03/

NationalBeitosprinten10kClassicWom1.avi Womens race
NationalBeitosprinten15kClassicMen1.avi Mens race
NationalBeitosprinten15kClassicMen2.avi Mens race
NationalBeitosprinten15kClassicMen3.avi Mens race
NationalBeitostolen10kWom1.avi Womens race
NationalBeitostolen10kWom2.avi Womens race
NationalBeitostolen15kMen1.avi Mens race
NationalBeitostolen15kMen2.avi Mens race
NationalBeitostolen15kMen3.avi Mens race
NationalBeitostolen15kMen4.avi Mens race
NationalBeitostolenBiathlonMen1.avi Mens race
NationalBeitostolenBiathlonMen1.avi Mens race
NationalBeitostolenBiathlonMen1.avi Mens race
NationalBeitostolenBiathlonWom1.avi Womens race
NationalBeitosprintenBiathlonMassMen1.avi Mens race
NationalBeitosprintenBiathlonMassMen2.avi Mens race
NationalBeitosprintenBiathlonMassWom1.avi Womens race
NationalBeitosprintenBiathlonMassWom2.avi Womens race

--

Forward in all directions

Janne G
Old November 19th 03, 11:46 AM
shreddir

Yay!
I was waiting for these after attempting to view these races by staying up
to ungodly early morning hours here in No. Calif and trying to watch via
Windows Media video streams. Comcast Cable broadband is a total joke when
trying to connect to these streams. There are so many router hops and lost
packets that time out that the video keeps freezing while re-buffering
every 5 seconds. I constantly have to stop the stream and re-click the
links because the video falls so far behind the live action that the image
just freezes and doesn't re-buffer to catch up.
Maybe you schmoes on the East Coast are having better luck with your IP
services. Those of you with modems can just ignore my rant.

Anyway Janne, what I really wanted to say is I think you should create a
short clip to stick in your technique section of Jens Svartedal's final
gradual uphill diagnol stride shot from his left side with the banners and
kids yelling at him in the background. It's the segment just before he comes
back into the stadium finish area. The moving suspended cable camera NRK
uses to follow his awesome charge uphill is fantastic. Everybody in North
America should write in to US TV network executives and demand that we
adopt this type of camera work too. Yeah... fat chance they'll listen us
nordic geeks! Actually we already do it to a limited extent on some of our
Monday Night NFL football coverage.
Back to Jens.. Notice the powerful hip rotation snap when he drives onto his
glide ski. Everything about him said "total forward locomotion.".

Old November 19th 03, 01:35 PM
Janne G

shreddir wrote:
[...]

I have upgraded the server a bit so it should be faster especially the disk
interface. But if you want it glitch free then download it locally.

There are some clips from the same view that their showed this time in
the tech section allready. And yes it is a good view.
I think O-B Hjelmeset is on one.

I wonder if they have mounted the camera on a snowmobile (snow scooter) as they
have on the Vasaloppet that follows the skiers.

--

Forward in all directions

Janne G
Old November 19th 03, 08:57 PM
Chequama Mama

I enjoy these races, because the guys who start at the front look like
me, really skinny, and not powerful enough. You can really see a
difference between the "A" level skiers and the youngers guys when you
look at their size.

Thanks for putting the vids up all the time Janne

Paul
--
Remove the caps to reply
Nordic Nuts