Damned chair...

Old January 22nd 04, 02:03 AM
John Richardson

Default Damned chair...

I broke one of my highbacks on my Salomon SP4 binding. I can't google up
any replacement parts. Can I fix it myself, or do I need to take it to a
shop?

JR

Old January 22nd 04, 02:50 PM
Snowboardripper

I have the same problem with my Burton mission highbacks. Sometimes
they get caught under the chair.
Go the website for salomn and callup customer service. I know with
Burton they will mail you any part for a small fee.
Old January 22nd 04, 03:55 PM
Mike T

Go the website for salomn and callup customer service. I know with
Burton they will mail you any part for a small fee.

Alas, I've had poor luck with Salomon in this regard. I lost what has
to be a 10 cent part to the lace puller on my Malamute boots, so I
called them up. They informed me that I have to buy the whole lace kit
which includes a pair of laces and lace pullers, and that I had to go to
a Salomon dealer and have *them* order it, because they didn't deal
directly with consumers. The kit was something like $10.00.

I just took the lace puller off, I'll lace up manually. Two trips to a
Salomon dealer is enough hassle such that I'm only doing it if I really
miss the lace puller.

I found their customer service much better three years ago, when did
they get bought out by Adidas?

-Mike T

Old January 22nd 04, 04:28 PM
Adam

"John Richardson" wrote in message ...
I broke one of my highbacks on my Salomon SP4 binding. I can't google up
any replacement parts. Can I fix it myself, or do I need to take it to a
shop?

JR

I had a chair crunch the top of my highback. I had a visit with the
manager. He agreed that the chair shouldn't be so low as to do damage
to highbacks so he order me a new one (2000 Burton CFX). I found out
later that it had happened to someone else also. He gave me 4 free
lift passes for my inconvenience. Although when I went back a week
later the lift wasn't fixed.

AB
Old January 22nd 04, 05:25 PM
Switters

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:55:38 GMT, "Mike T" allegedly
wrote:

Alas, I've had poor luck with Salomon in this regard.

AOL

The highback on my SP5 is breaking, it's sort of tearing across the bottom
end, just above the wrap around heel metal bit thing. I've called Salomon
but they've not returned any calls.

I've only have the bindings for 2 years, so I'm deeply disappointed.
Couple that with the spontaneous release of the straps last season, and
I'm wondering what's next to go wrong. When I go shopping next (soon),
I'll be looking at other manufacturers.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old January 22nd 04, 09:31 PM
paul m

Alas, I've had poor luck with Salomon in this regard.

AOL

The highback on my SP5 is breaking, it's sort of tearing across the bottom
end, just above the wrap around heel metal bit thing. I've called Salomon
but they've not returned any calls.

I've only have the bindings for 2 years, so I'm deeply disappointed.
Couple that with the spontaneous release of the straps last season, and
I'm wondering what's next to go wrong. When I go shopping next (soon),
I'll be looking at other manufacturers.

you know, now that i think about it, my SP4's are broken too. there's a
rivet, or more specifically a screw without a slot that holds the inner, wider
part of the highback to the longer part that swivels at the heel. this
missing rivet allows the squarish inner highback part to move a bit, which i
haven't noticed specifically causing issues while riding, but it definitely
concerns me. and i have to say that i *love* the salomon bindings. far and
away better than any burton bindings i've owned. mind you, the burton
bindings i've had were all customs and missions. ie, not really apples to
apples. ie, not really apples to apples. methinks i will be giving my LSBS a
ring.

i would still buy salomon tho, as these bindings rock when they are complete.

good turns...
paul

Old January 23rd 04, 11:12 AM
Iain D

Adam wrote:

"John Richardson" wrote in message ...

I broke one of my highbacks on my Salomon SP4 binding. I can't google up
any replacement parts. Can I fix it myself, or do I need to take it to a
shop?

JR

I had a chair crunch the top of my highback. I had a visit with the
manager. He agreed that the chair shouldn't be so low as to do damage
to highbacks so he order me a new one (2000 Burton CFX). I found out
later that it had happened to someone else also. He gave me 4 free
lift passes for my inconvenience. Although when I went back a week
later the lift wasn't fixed.

Chair 6 at Baker is notorious for this. I went into the Mt Baker
snowboard shop having broken the highback on my Drakes. You've been
riding Chair 6, they said. Fortunately they were able to produce a big
box full of Drake high backs of varying colours. Great shop!

--
IainD at ukme dot me dot uk
Old January 23rd 04, 03:24 PM
Baretta

I had a chair crunch the top of my highback. I had a visit with the
manager. He agreed that the chair shouldn't be so low as to do damage
to highbacks so he order me a new one (2000 Burton CFX). I found out
later that it had happened to someone else also. He gave me 4 free
lift passes for my inconvenience. Although when I went back a week
later the lift wasn't fixed.

I've never come across this, maybe we have different lift chair setup in
Ontario - how does the chair damage your highback? Does the bottom of a very
low chair hook off the highback or something? I've had the free binding get
caught up in those ski footrests once which resulted in a very hairy moment
during the getoff.

Just need to know what to watch out for.

Old January 23rd 04, 03:44 PM
John Richardson

"Baretta" wrote in message news:r0bQb.80626

I've never come across this, maybe we have different lift chair setup in
Ontario - how does the chair damage your highback? Does the bottom of a

very
low chair hook off the highback or something? I've had the free binding

get
caught up in those ski footrests once which resulted in a very hairy

moment
during the getoff.

Just need to know what to watch out for.

I sat down on the chair without pushing the highback down. The chair
crushed the highback when the distance between the chair and the snow
decreased to about 6".