What are your favorite classic roller skis and why?

Old June 27th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
mountainwalker

Default What are your favorite classic roller skis and why?

V2 930 and 930K (K is just longer for taller skiers) were
recommended. Any other suggestions?

Old June 27th 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Alaskan Skier

The Marwe's for both classic and skate. The shaft absorbs alot of the road
vibrations, and the speed is a nice representative of snow, and the large
wheel diameter on the skate's make it nice when running over rocks or cracks
in the road.

Mark Strabel

oups.com...

Old July 4th 07, 11:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Jun 27, 6:15 am, mountainwalker wrote:
V2 930 and 930K (K is just longer for taller skiers) were
recommended. Any other suggestions?

All models you need is he http://www.sportimport-as.no/swenor/index.html

-Because the quality of wheel rubber and bearings are the best.
-Shock absorbing is good like anyone else if you pick one pair with
wooden/CAP construction.

Old July 4th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

The Swenors are reportedly very good and available from Reliable Racing
in the US. If you're tall, then longer is better and the Swenors may be
too short. The two longest are the Jenex 900 series K models and the
Mawre combi with wire wheel attachment (longest) and 40mm wheels. I
have both and use the latter almost exclusively. If speed reduction is
a necessary issue (rather than a mental adjustment), then the Jenex are
a good choice.

Old July 6th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

+1 on Marwe's.

Particularly for anybody who has had ankle or foot problems in the
past, the dampening of the plastic shaft makes a huge difference in
the amount of road noise your ankles have to absorb compared to a
metal shaft. I have used V2 (920 and 940Cs), Elpex (the orange ones),
Pro-skis (C2), ski-skett (nord-classic), and Marwes. Of the metal-
shafted skis that I've tried, I liked the ski-skett nords the best in
terms of smoothness over rough pavement, but you need to have
excellent balance to use them effectively due to their narrower
wheels. I find the Marwe's to be most realistic to snow speed and
snow-ski stability. I have used both Marwe classic rollerskis and
Marwe combi's, which are a shorter (thus lighter) version of the
classic skis with a metal "extension" thing on the front. These are
my current classic skis and I think they are fantastic, particularly
for speed or interval work where you want your skis to be light and
pretty responsive.

Alex

Old July 6th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

If the Ski Sketts require better balance, perhaps it's in the shape
because they are the same width as the Marwe. At
http://www.nordicskater.com/rolski.html it looks like Ski Skett has
developed something like a knock off of the early Jenex NordXC.

rm

Old July 6th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Jul 4, 8:47 pm, wrote:
If you're tall, then longer is better and the Swenors may be
too short.

I am 6foot6 tall, use shoe size 13 and have never had problem with
size of swenor models.
even the cheapest classic and skate

Old July 8th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Hugh P

I love my Skett Nords. They run straight and predictably, handle well
enough on descents, and are light. I got them from nordicskater.com
and asked for the slowest possible. I mostly ski on good surfaces now
so I cannot comment on their damping properties.
I used to use Marwe Classic, again with the slowest wheel options.
They too handle well, but I found them too fast, so that my classic
sessions turned out to be mostly double-poling - which is fine, but
one can do that on skate rollers.
Hugh

Classic Roller Skiing and Difference between Jenex V2 Aero 125 and V2 105SRX mountainwalker Nordic Skiing 10 April 21st 07 10:57 AM
Is flex good in a roller ski? Has anyone tried the Ski Skett Flex Skate roller skis? mountainwalker Nordic Skiing 0 April 15th 07 08:31 PM
WTB: Used Roller Skis JJ Nordic Skiing 0 September 4th 06 04:16 PM
Used Classic Roller Skis Brian Dumais Nordic Skiing 0 November 30th 04 06:31 PM
New Jenex Classic Roller Ski? Douglas Diehl Nordic Skiing 0 April 21st 04 04:11 PM