Exel Suspension Tips?

Old March 23rd 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Exel Suspension Tips?

Not sure if this is "new" news, but exel now offers rollerski tips
with some sort of spring inside them for absorbing shock.

Has anyone tried these and care to offer feedback?

Jon
Old March 27th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Mar 23, 4:59 pm, wrote:
Not sure if this is "new" news, but exel now offers rollerski tips
with some sort of spring inside them for absorbing shock.

Has anyone tried these and care to offer feedback?

Jon

At last, That has been awaited for ages.

Shock absorber inside the tip make it easy to adapt to normal poles.

Still, I'm sure that a shock absorber at the top would be better.
There's more room to fit an elastomer interface.

While a relatively heavy grip wouldn't be much of a concern, we just
want the tip to be as light as possible
Old March 27th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Mar 27, 11:53 am, wrote:
On Mar 23, 4:59 pm, wrote:

Not sure if this is "new" news, but exel now offers rollerski tips
with some sort of spring inside them for absorbing shock.

Has anyone tried these and care to offer feedback?

wouldn't they affect the power transfer efficiency? They don't make
road bikes with suspension in the pedals, right? Despite the fact the
one's knees can be ruined.

I find elbow pain when rollerskiing be caused by technique.

Old March 28th 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Shock absorber inside the tip make it easy to adapt to normal poles.

I would have hoped, but I talked to the one guy in the states I could
find who sells them-- "Nordic Skater"--and his line was that the
suspension tips are designed especially for new Exel rollerski poles
with some sort of clip-on systems for interchanging tips. (When I
start rollerskiing in earnest, I think it's probably worth just buying
a pair of suspension tips and see if it's possible to rig something up
with my old poles.)

Jon
Old March 31st 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

wrote:
On Mar 27, 11:53 am, wrote:
On Mar 23, 4:59 pm, wrote:

Not sure if this is "new" news, but exel now offers rollerski tips
with some sort of spring inside them for absorbing shock.

Has anyone tried these and care to offer feedback?

wouldn't they affect the power transfer efficiency?

Does that matter?

Using your power to compress the spring in the tip rather than to push
off the pavement