Mpeg Races: Falun

Old March 23rd 05, 08:20 PM
Janne G

Default Mpeg Races: Falun

World Cup 2005 XC-skiing in Falun in VBR ~500kbit quality and Xvid
encoding,
with audio in 64kbit mono mp3, English commentators.

ftp://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub2/Falun-05/
http://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub2/Falun-05/

SkiathlonWom1Falun.avi Womens race
SkiathlonWom2Falun.avi Womens race
SkiathlonMen1Falun.avi Mens race
SkiathlonMen2Falun.avi Mens race
SkiathlonMen3Falun.avi Mens race
SkiathlonMen4Falun.avi Mens race
RelayMen1Falun.avi Mens race
RelayMen2Falun.avi Mens race
RelayMen3Falun.avi Mens race
RelayMen4Falun.avi Mens race
RelayMen5Falun.avi Mens race
RelayMen6Falun.avi Mens race
RelayWom1Falun.avi Womens race
RelayWom2Falun.avi Womens race
RelayWom3Falun.avi Womens race
Old March 25th 05, 05:26 AM
shreddir

Janne
Why is the womens relay video all jittery? This is the first time I've seen
this problem this season.

Thanks ---

Old March 25th 05, 07:43 AM
Janne G

shreddir wrote:
Janne
Why is the womens relay video all jittery? This is the first time I've seen
this problem this season.

I have found that mens relay 4,5 and 6 was jittery and it was corrected
yesterday, thanks David, but i can't find that the womens realy have
some fault, have they?
Check that the filesizes are correct.

Old March 25th 05, 08:42 AM
shreddir

Janne

Your directory says that RelayWom1Falun is suppose to be 120M. When I
download by using both http or ftp methods the file size is only 119M
(125,603,458 bits to be exact). You need to try downloading and viewing
this file via the Web into a computer that's separate from your server
machine and not simply viewing your original file copy which might not be
what we are actually downloading. BTW I'm getting the same problem on your
mass start men's biathalon video from Khanty Mansyisk.

Thanks

Old March 25th 05, 01:27 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

I've found the slight file size variance in download to be normal and
have no apparent relationship to video quality. Do you or Janne know
differently.

Gene

Old March 25th 05, 01:55 PM
Janne G

shreddir wrote:
Janne

Your directory says that RelayWom1Falun is suppose to be 120M. When I
download by using both http or ftp methods the file size is only 119M
(125,603,458 bits to be exact). You need to try downloading and viewing
this file via the Web into a computer that's separate from your server
machine and not simply viewing your original file copy which might not be
what we are actually downloading. BTW I'm getting the same problem on your
mass start men's biathalon video from Khanty Mansyisk.

Yep i did download it with http and the only odd thing that i could se
is that the first frames in RelyWom1Falun.avi is corrupted, the rest of
the video played perfectly well on my machine. The same goes for the nr
3 also.

Somebody else that have problems with these files?

JAnne G
Old March 25th 05, 02:13 PM
Janne G

To get rid the corrupted start of the video RealyWom1Falun.avi i have
redone it and upploding it again. 123690482bytes exact, if you got other
numbers then you have not got it all.
This will take half an hour.

JAnne G
Old March 25th 05, 06:49 PM
PIKE ELIZABETH JOAN

Janne G writes:
Sadly, the relay from Khanty-Mansyisk appears to have the same problem.

Thank you so much for all of your time and effort in posting the videos this
season!!!

Elizabeth

--
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Elizabeth Pike
Undergraduate Advisor
Old March 27th 05, 08:10 AM
Gene Goldenfeld

I just downloaded the Falun relay videos and they all, men and women,
have the jitters from the first moment. I'm using Media Player Classic.
The other Falun races seem fine. Thanks,

Gene

Old March 27th 05, 02:30 PM
ViktoriaK ViktoriaK is offline
Junior Member

Janne, will there be biathlon races from Norwegian Champs on your site?