Designer drug doping disaster?

Old October 29th 03, 05:36 AM
Scott Elliot

Default Designer drug doping disaster?

"ant" wrote in message
Alex Heney wrote:
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:17:41 GMT, "Scott Elliot"
wrote:

While we are off topic on the World Series, how about the National
Hockey League? There are teams from both Canada and the US so which
Nation does the name refer to?

What about World Championship Cricket or Rugby? There are never any
American teams included so how can it be World Championship?

I think your compatriots *currently* playing in the Rugby World Cup
might be a little aggrieved to hear you say that.

Yes, and in a few days, they are going to play the French! The result,
sadly, is a foregone conclusion, the US's surprise win over giant-killers
Japan the other day not withstanding.
I reckon the French are a definite chance for the grand final, actually.
This might be their year.

My compatriots are the Canadians. I believe they had the distinction of
being the first team officially eliminated. A loss to Tonga on Wednesday
would complete Canada's perfect record. Rugby Canada has a little work to
do on its game.

Scott

Old October 29th 03, 12:33 PM
pigo

Default Designer drug doping disaster and the world series?

"The Real Bev" wrote in message

Earthquakes? Distance to clay pits? One possible reason: people my
age grew up drawing (in school) stylized pictures of Mexican adobe
houses with behatted sleeping Mexicans and saguaro cacti. It never
occurred to us that we might actually LIVE in such a place, quaint
though it might be.

There are a number of older possibly-faux adobe houses around here,

all
in expensive areas with expensive landscaping. Very nice. I do have

wonder how you would hang shelves that have to hold something heavy,
though.

I think there might be a push for steel framing in So. Cal. after this.

Old October 29th 03, 04:03 PM
Richard Henry

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
Bob Lee wrote:

The other problem is getting people to cut
back the goddam vegetation - they are strangely resistant to that as
well. sigh

Well, that's understandable in So Cal - after all, they stole all that
water to grow (in the middle of a desert) stuff that looks like an
English estate house garden. After all that effort they don't want to
give it up.

Stole it? I'm paying about $190 a month for it.

Old October 29th 03, 07:33 PM
The Real Bev

lal_truckee wrote:

Bob Lee wrote:

The other problem is getting people to cut
back the goddam vegetation - they are strangely resistant to that as
well. sigh

Well, that's understandable in So Cal - after all, they stole all that
water to grow (in the middle of a desert) stuff that looks like an
English estate house garden. After all that effort they don't want to
give it up.

If you really want to puke, look at an aerial view of the golf courses
in Palm Springs. "Up against the wall, bloated capitalist warmongers!"

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old October 29th 03, 07:35 PM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

"lal_truckee" wrote:

Bob Lee wrote:

The other problem is getting people to cut
back the goddam vegetation - they are strangely resistant to that as
well. sigh

Well, that's understandable in So Cal - after all, they stole all that
water to grow (in the middle of a desert) stuff that looks like an
English estate house garden. After all that effort they don't want to
give it up.

Stole it? I'm paying about $190 a month for it.

That's disgusting. My water bill is less than 1/10 of that.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old October 29th 03, 08:53 PM
Richard Henry

Richard Henry wrote:

"lal_truckee" wrote:

Bob Lee wrote:

The other problem is getting people to cut
back the goddam vegetation - they are strangely resistant to that as
well. sigh

Well, that's understandable in So Cal - after all, they stole all that
water to grow (in the middle of a desert) stuff that looks like an
English estate house garden. After all that effort they don't want to
give it up.

Stole it? I'm paying about $190 a month for it.

That's disgusting. My water bill is less than 1/10 of that.

I have to keep watering the lawn or the gophers will die.

Old October 29th 03, 09:10 PM
lal_truckee

Ted Waldron wrote:

To further your education, "Cadilliac Desert" is a good book about how water has
shaped the
Western US.

My education is fine. And I read "Cadilliac[sic] Desert" under its more
common name, "Cadillac Desert." (by Marc Reisner)

I agree with Ted at least on the point that "Cadillac Desert" is a dam
fine read and required for anyone who wants to understand Western US
politics and water culture.

In my opinion, So Cal should build many Thorium fired Nukes dedicated to
freezing the stolen water and spraying all the mountains in the south
with snow, eventually creating permanent glaciers, re-drawing the water
from the fringes as it melts off; benefits? No big dams, year round
glacier skiing, climate moderation in the valleys, and rippling year
round streams for kayaking, no fires.

Well, it's an idea. Probably as good as anyone elses ...