Designer drug doping disaster?

Old October 25th 03, 08:48 AM
ant

Default Designer drug doping disaster?

Scott Elliot wrote:
While we are off topic on the World Series, how about the National
Hockey League? There are teams from both Canada and the US so which
Nation does the name refer to?

What about World Championship Cricket or Rugby? There are never any
American teams included so how can it be World Championship?

er, the current World Cup rugby is being held, in Australia. The US AND
Canada have sent teams. Also, Argentine AND Uruguay are competing. No
Scandinavians though. Teams from everywhere but there.
The Cricket world cup was less eclectic. If the north americans want to
enter, I think they can. The Dutch had a team in this time, from memory.

Australia is welcome to host the World Championship for Australian
Rules Football if they want. No one else is insane enough to
participate. (Unless South Africa or New Zealand get a little carried
away.)

last night there was a Test match played between Australia and Ireland, of a
modified version of Aussie Rules crossed with Gaelic Football. I think we
won that, too.

Sadly for world rugby, today we beat Namibia, 139-0

ant

Old October 25th 03, 09:00 AM
Peter McMillan

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:17:41 GMT, "Scott Elliot"
wrote:

What about World Championship Cricket or Rugby? There are never any
American teams included so how can it be World Championship?

Errr, isn't that obvious? It's a world championship if any country in
the world is eligible to enter a team.
And by the way, there is an American team playing in the rugby.

Peter
Old October 25th 03, 05:50 PM
david emile lamy

"Tony Curran" writes:

It couldn't even be called the North American Series - there aren't any
Mexican based teams...

Tony
Ottawa

Ouch, I believe and so do Mexicans that Mexico is in North America.

David
Old October 25th 03, 11:56 PM
Alex Heney

wrote:

While we are off topic on the World Series, how about the National Hockey
League? There are teams from both Canada and the US so which Nation does
the name refer to?

What about World Championship Cricket or Rugby? There are never any
American teams included so how can it be World Championship?

I think your compatriots *currently* playing in the Rugby World Cup
might be a little aggrieved to hear you say that.

There are teams from every continent involved in that, so I think it
can genuinely be described as a *world* cup.

And it isn't the fault of the Cricket authorities if the US decides
not to enter a team in that.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Civil wars aren't.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old October 25th 03, 11:57 PM
Alex Heney

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:50:35 GMT, david emile lamy
wrote:

"Tony Curran" writes:

It couldn't even be called the North American Series - there aren't any
Mexican based teams...

Tony
Ottawa

Ouch, I believe and so do Mexicans that Mexico is in North America.

Yes.

That is what he meant. It can't be called the North American Series
because not all the countries in North America are represented.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Clarvoiants meeting canceled due to unforseen events.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old October 26th 03, 12:42 PM
pigo

This was the 100th anniversary of the World Series let's not forget. In
1903 there was no such thing as political correctness. It was no big
deal then, like now, it's just that some people have to bitch about
something.

Old October 27th 03, 07:15 AM
Janne G

Default Designer drug doping disaster and the world series?

pigo wrote:

This was the 100th anniversary of the World Series let's not forget. In
1903 there was no such thing as political correctness. It was no big
deal then, like now, it's just that some people have to bitch about
something.

You mean like "US are the world"? ;-)

--

Forward in all directions

Janne G
Old October 27th 03, 07:44 AM
Janne G

tm wrote:

In article ,
Janne G wrote:

pigo wrote:

This was the 100th anniversary of the World Series let's not forget. In
1903 there was no such thing as political correctness. It was no big
deal then, like now, it's just that some people have to bitch about
something.

You mean like "US are the world"? ;-)

Sigh. Were you been all these years, Norway?

Is there something wrong with Norway? They at least have snow, do you?

--

Forward in all directions

Janne G
Old October 27th 03, 12:46 PM
Primoz Jeroncic

pigo wrote:

Don't forget that there are also no other teams anywhere else in the
world that can compete. Our Basketball championships are called "World
Championships" too. You've seen what happens when the rest of the world
plays our basketball players.

Yes I think we all saw last year what happens. They finally dare to
come to play, and even that only (in my opinion) because USSR and
Yugoslavia didn't exist anymore. Sorry but personally I don't see
any reason why in 1992 they finally agreed that Olympics and World
Championships could matter, and just year before that those two
competitions didn't count at all. Anyway... Pigo do you remember
last years results?

--
Primoz
Support - IP/VoIP Connectivity & Routing
Old October 27th 03, 04:40 PM
Chuck

Janne G wrote in news:3F98D348.47091E98
@_remove_cad.luth.se:

pigo wrote:

At least one of the players in the current World Series are scheduled to
testify before some sort of Senate committee about these. They talked
about it a little bit last night. There were something on the order of
20 players in the 4 major US professional sports set to testify. They
mentioned some from Baseball and Football but I don't know who.

Why is it called the "World Series", it is only Canada and the US that
participating?

The rest of the world is welcome to field a Major League Baseball team.
They just choose not to. Is that our fault? ;-)