SPAM and harasssment - a new low for RSA

Old October 21st 03, 06:53 PM
Bert Hoff

Default SPAM and harasssment - a new low for RSA

Just when I thought I'd seen the worst from RSA, it surpasses itself.

The latest routine is to SPAM and harass both the owner and the newsgroup
sysop of annexcafe with vile SPAM sent through anonymous remailers.

These people have nothing whatsoever to do with RSA. Nevertheless, they have
been targeted for SPAM harassment.

Bert

Old October 21st 03, 07:15 PM
Vern93

In article ,
"Bert Hoff" wrote:

Just when I thought I'd seen the worst from RSA, it surpasses itself.

The latest routine is to SPAM and harass both the owner and the newsgroup
sysop of annexcafe with vile SPAM sent through anonymous remailers.

These people have nothing whatsoever to do with RSA. Nevertheless, they have
been targeted for SPAM harassment.

Are they getting "Microsoft Update Security Patches" too? I've been
getting quite a few of those and was wondering if it was some kind of
conspiracy.

And as far as that SPAM stuff goes, I recall a member of your group
doing that sometime back as a retribution for an unsolicted email.
Perhaps this is the same disgruntled member. Please rule out
involvement of your own disgruntled folks before bringing EVEN MORE OF
YOUR MENSBBS PROBLEMS to RSA. Please keep your mensbbs troubles, menbbs
disarray and menbbs accusations "back home." Click here to return to
mensbbs:

Dave
Old October 21st 03, 07:35 PM
Justin Case

Bert Hoff wrote:
Just when I thought I'd seen the worst from RSA, it surpasses itself.

The latest routine is to SPAM and harass both the owner and the newsgroup
sysop of annexcafe with vile SPAM sent through anonymous remailers.

These people have nothing whatsoever to do with RSA. Nevertheless, they have
been targeted for SPAM harassment.

Bert

I knew a Bert "The Butcher" and a Bert "The Boater" but have never come
across a Bert "The Spammer" until now.

Old October 21st 03, 08:09 PM
Richard Henry

"Bert Hoff" wrote in message
Just when I thought I'd seen the worst from RSA, it surpasses itself.

The latest routine is to SPAM and harass both the owner and the newsgroup
sysop of annexcafe with vile SPAM sent through anonymous remailers.

These people have nothing whatsoever to do with RSA. Nevertheless, they

have
been targeted for SPAM harassment.

All my email accounts get that stuff. The kids' accounts seem to be pretty
much free of it, which may be due to some difference in the way we use the
accounts.

What I find interesting is my MS hotmail account. I have never used to send
messages. I have never told anyone the user name or password. However, it
gets about 50 spams a day, many of them "vile", all of them anonymous as far
as I can tell.

Old October 21st 03, 08:12 PM
Bert Hoff

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

"Bert Hoff" wrote in message
[...]

Of course you'd try to minimize the issue.

This is not just the ordinary anonymous SPAM that we all get. This is
RSA-specific, about men's and RSA.

Bert

Old October 21st 03, 08:14 PM
Bert Hoff

"Vern93" wrote in message
In article ,
"Bert Hoff" wrote:

Just when I thought I'd seen the worst from RSA, it surpasses itself.

The latest routine is to SPAM and harass both the owner and the

newsgroup
sysop of annexcafe with vile SPAM sent through anonymous remailers.

These people have nothing whatsoever to do with RSA. Nevertheless, they

have
been targeted for SPAM harassment.

Are they getting "Microsoft Update Security Patches" too? I've been
getting quite a few of those and was wondering if it was some kind of
conspiracy.

No, this is not just the "Microsoft Update Security Patches" or other
ordinary SPAM.

Of course you'd try to minimize the problem.

This is RSA-specific SPAM, sent to harass the innocent folks who own and
manage annexcafe.

Bert

Old October 21st 03, 08:24 PM
Walt

Richard Henry wrote:

All my email accounts get that stuff. The kids' accounts seem to be pretty
much free of it, which may be due to some difference in the way we use the
accounts.

What I find interesting is my MS hotmail account. I have never used to send
messages. I have never told anyone the user name or password. However, it
gets about 50 spams a day, many of them "vile", all of them anonymous as far
as I can tell.

Hotmail accounts seem to come pre-subscribed to every spam list on the
planet. I had one for awhile, but gave it up due to the spamming
annoyance.

The boatnerd account that I use here attacts a moderate amount of spam,
especially after I posted some articles via google without the address
munging.

My other boatnerd account gets none whatsoever, but I've only given it
out to a select few individuals.

My yahoo account is also almost completely spam free, but again I rarely
use it.

My Netscape account was spam free for a long time, but I've used it to
sign up for so many things that it's attracting quite a bit at the
moment.

BOTTOM LINE: Don't use hotmail unless you like receiving lots of spam -
it goes with the territory. Most other free email services are ok, but
if you're not careful with your address you'll attract spam.

--
//-Walt
//
Old October 21st 03, 08:27 PM
Chuck

"Bert Hoff" wrote in
:

"Bert Hoff" wrote in message
[...]

Must be achieving it's desired result then. It's making you mad and you
fell for it. Best thing to do with it is the same thing most of us have
done with Scott here on RSA - ignore it. If he ever stops his ranting about
how vile everyone is and that he's the only decent person left in the world
I'll take him out of my killfile. Might even enjoy some of his skiing
input.

I get probably 50 spams a day. Some vile, some not. Do I go around crying
all over usenet about it? No. I report it to spamcop and forget about it.
Just do the same and as someone else has said, please keep mensbbs stuff on
mensbbs, RSAers keep RSA stuff on RSA. Everyone go home now - except
Horvath - nobody tells him what to do.
Old October 21st 03, 08:34 PM
Vern93

In article ,
"Bert Hoff" wrote:

Of course you'd try to minimize the issue.

No, I'm not trying to minimize the issue. I neither know, nor care, how
big a problem this is. All I'm trying to do is to get the issue of
problems associated with annexcafe and menbbs moved back to mensbbs and
annexcafe. I would think you'd support me in this effort and encourage
any interested party to click this link to return mensbbs and annexcafe
specific discourse "back home."

This is not just the ordinary anonymous SPAM that we all get.

Then it's "EXTRA"ordinary spam? SUPER-spam? Ultra-Mega-Dooper-Spam? How
so? Is it extra-aggravating or extra-annoying?

This is
RSA-specific, about men's and RSA.

Look Bert. I know you and Scott are not big "detail guys" but, even you
have got admit that with your long history here of stirring up trouble
and being... let's say "less than honest." I don't think many people are
going to be too quick to take your word at face value.

While my curiousity is piqued with you "unusual" claim of RSA and
mensbbs specific spam, I really wish you'd discuss your mensbbs trouble
back in mensbbs. I'll look for it there.

Best wishes for a happy and productive afternoon.

Dave
Old October 21st 03, 08:39 PM
Richard Henry

"Bert Hoff" wrote in message

"Vern93" wrote in message
In article ,
"Bert Hoff" wrote:

Just when I thought I'd seen the worst from RSA, it surpasses itself.

The latest routine is to SPAM and harass both the owner and the

newsgroup
sysop of annexcafe with vile SPAM sent through anonymous remailers.

These people have nothing whatsoever to do with RSA. Nevertheless,

they
have
been targeted for SPAM harassment.

Are they getting "Microsoft Update Security Patches" too? I've been
getting quite a few of those and was wondering if it was some kind of
conspiracy.

No, this is not just the "Microsoft Update Security Patches" or other
ordinary SPAM.

Of course you'd try to minimize the problem.

This is RSA-specific SPAM, sent to harass the innocent folks who own and
manage annexcafe.

Please provide some examples. perhaps we can help you find the source.