infinity pole dimensions

Old December 9th 03, 12:44 PM
Onno Oerlemans

Default infinity pole dimensions

Does anybody know the handle and tip diameters of Infinity carbon poles? I'm
thinking of ordering a pair of shafts, using some grips and baskets from an
other pair of skis.

Are there other sources of good carbon shafts I should know about?

Thanks,
Onno Oerlemans

Old December 9th 03, 02:17 PM
Jim Farrell

Onno Oerlemans wrote:
Does anybody know the handle and tip diameters of Infinity carbon poles? I'm
thinking of ordering a pair of shafts, using some grips and baskets from an
other pair of skis.

Are there other sources of good carbon shafts I should know about?

Thanks,
Onno Oerlemans

Infinity pole diameter is a little smaller than the swix, but I have
used swix grips with sucess. Also, the cork exels meant for the
excentric shaft also works well with infinity. They are flexible enough
to conform to the round infinty shaft.

The round shaft exel grips have to be milled out to work. (Been told,
didn't do) Those grips have a portion that slips inside the exel shaft
and will not fit in the smaller infinity shaft. Infinity will alse send
a carbon spacer with your shafts if you ask for them.

The smaller size exel and swix baskets work fine on infinity. (Is that 9mm?)

Old December 9th 03, 08:47 PM
Joseph S.Gollinger

Jim Farrell wrote in message ...
Onno Oerlemans wrote:
[...]

The Infinity diameter are tapered end 9 mm, the top of shaft is 15.7 m.m.