307 inches

Old March 21st 11, 01:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default 307 inches

at the stake and still coming.
Old March 25th 11, 12:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Mar 21, 7:00 am, lal_truckee wrote:
at the stake and still coming.

Yup, and more to come. Perfect mid-winter condition, and powder skiing
is excellent,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkPYR40j1U
maggie's canyon, right traverse

snowbender
Old March 25th 11, 02:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 3/25/11 6:35 AM, snowbender wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkPYR40j1U
maggie's canyon, right traverse

Good day, good snow
Old March 25th 11, 03:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 03/25/2011 09:35 AM, snowbender wrote:
On Mar 21, 7:00 am, wrote:
at the stake and still coming.

Yup, and more to come. Perfect mid-winter condition, and powder skiing
is excellent,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkPYR40j1U
maggie's canyon, right traverse

snowbender

Hmmm. Got the coyote howl OK, guy in front has poles,
guy with camera has poles. Whassup w' dat?
Otherwise good fun.
Old March 25th 11, 04:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Mar 25, 5:10*pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 03/25/2011 09:35 AM, snowbender wrote:

Hmmm. Got the coyote howl OK, guy in front has poles,
guy with camera has poles. Whassup w' dat?
Otherwise good fun.

Yeah, this is progress in the "line-skiing" universe! I think in
terrain & conditions like that the trick is to keep the momentum up
(modern skis help) and to stay close to the fall line.
Old March 25th 11, 04:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Mar 25, 10:19*am, Evojeesus wrote:
On Mar 25, 5:10*pm, VtSkier wrote:

On 03/25/2011 09:35 AM, snowbender wrote:
Hmmm. Got the coyote howl OK, guy in front has poles,
guy with camera has poles. Whassup w' dat?
Otherwise good fun.

Yeah, this is progress in the "line-skiing" universe! I think in
terrain & conditions like that the trick is to keep the momentum up
(modern skis help) and to stay close to the fall line.

I saw mostly a lot of slow traversing. For that I don't need to go
off-piste.
Old March 26th 11, 05:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Mar 21, 7:00 am, wrote:
at the stake and still coming.

Yup, and more to come. Perfect mid-winter condition, and powder skiing
is excellent,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkPYR40j1U
maggie's canyon, right traverse

snowbender

Hmmm. Got the coyote howl OK, guy in front has poles,
guy with camera has poles. Whassup w' dat?
Otherwise good fun.

Well, my "no-name" ski buddy only carries poles on powder days, so he
asked me to carry mine (to see if I know how to use them?), so I had a
day ski with poles (first serious skiing with poles in 25 years);
nevertheless, don't think them enhance my skiing much,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26g8AqFS7WA
galaxy to northbowl

snowbender
Old March 26th 11, 10:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On Mar 21, 7:00 am, wrote:
at the stake and still coming.

Yup, and more to come. Perfect mid-winter condition, and powder skiing
is excellent,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkPYR40j1U
maggie's canyon, right traverse

snowbender

Hmmm. Got the coyote howl OK, guy in front has poles,
guy with camera has poles. Whassup w' dat?
Otherwise good fun.

Well, my "no-name" ski buddy only carries poles on powder days, so he
asked me to carry mine (to see if I know how to use them?), so I had a
day ski with poles (first serious skiing with poles in 25 years);
nevertheless, don't think them enhance my skiing much,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26g8AqFS7WA
galaxy to northbowl

snowbender

Are you using a helmet cam now? Didn't seem as
unwieldy as the hand held camera you had a couple
of years ago.

Old March 26th 11, 11:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

On Mar 21, 7:00 am, wrote:
[...]

Maybe that's why those branches slowed him down so much.

Old March 27th 11, 11:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Mar 21, 7:00 am, wrote:
[...]

Yup, goproHD; nevertheless, the problem with helmet cam is the scenes
change when you turn your head, but much easier and stabler than hand-
held for chasing/filming.

IS

108 inches lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 22 May 5th 08 02:31 AM
108 inches lal_truckee Alpine Skiing (moderated) 10 May 5th 08 01:46 AM
20!! more inches lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 6 April 24th 07 02:20 PM
20!! more inches lal_truckee Alpine Skiing (moderated) 6 April 24th 07 02:20 PM
261 inches lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 11 April 18th 06 06:09 PM