Waxing workbench

Old October 9th 09, 02:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MoonMan

Default Waxing workbench--camera commets

downhill wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
downhill wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
downhill wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
MoonMan wrote:

You really don't want to know how complicated VAT is between
countrys in the EU, and they're changeing the rules on January the
first, I'm glad I'm not in accounts, because I'll be in France
skiing then What I'm looking for in a camera is something I can use
Skiing, On
track days In cars and preferably waterproof so I can use it sailing
and climbing oh and most importantantly better than vga video

Oh by the way I live in Suffolk.

In NY state I think there are more counties than countries in EU then
multiply by number of states

I think your in a different suffolk, there ain't no remains of a
bridgehampton race track there.

What tracks do you run on? What kind of car?

I've been using my 73 year old mother's Maserati 3200 GT but it costs more
in fuel than the track day fee, and then you have the tyres

I've Driven it goodwood and at Track Days on an Old airfield (well it's
still actually in use but only for Apaches), Snetterton is near me, but I
think I'll wait untill I've got a cheaper to run car before I try That.

--

Chris *:-)

Old October 9th 09, 02:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

MoonMan wrote:

MoonMan wrote:
[...]

Race Fuel at Lime Rock is $12 a gallon In the 71 brabham FB formula b
1.6L we get 5.5 or 6mpg.
1 to 5 pm tuesday test day at lime rock with 4 20 minute sessions are
$250 and you loose if the track gets messed up, track oiler or farming
excursion.

You run on shaved tires or have you run on race rubber?

I want to be in a event at goodwood before I die, the vintage event is
a lot of fun. I know many people who have been there, John Fitch has
piles of race credentials hanging all over the house was looking at some
of Goodwood ones.

Hear the Joke Bernie want to put an F1 race in NY, that will happen if
the middle east and northern ireland gets peace and start living as friends.
Old October 9th 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
Gonar the Incontinent wrote:

On Oct 7, 8:19*pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
*The Real Bev wrote:

I don't pretend to know anything about this, but I wonder how much the
skilled skier would "dampen" (and I use the word "dampen" casually) the
forces in the upper body vs at the ski.

It's DAMP in this context, unless the skier is actually wetting his pants,
and
that's what knees are for.

Look, there's only one way to settle this war of terminology and that is
to bring in an expert in MA* (*Motion Analysis) and have him clear this
up straight away. *Don't think I won't do it!

You rang? Look I'm Gonar the Incontinent, if anyone knows about damp
in the pants it's me. But in addition, I'm an expert on motion
analysis and physics and accelerometers.

So anyway, yes, there is some dampening that happens between the ski
and the center of mass. but the finest gs skiers in the world are very
very very very good at keeping their edges engaged with the snow,
which means that they aren't seeing that much up-and-down (relation to
the vector of the applied force, which is more horizontal than
vertical) acceleration at the skis. If you want me to wax eloquent on
this subject for a couple-twenty-thousand words, just say the word.
Otherwise, I won't bore you.

No, no, no that's quite alright. I was actually hoping for a less "fact
and science based" explanation and more of a vigorous, wordy, and
Brownian discussion regarding the meaning of "Vector" vs "vector" and
"damp" vs "moyst." Or "Wax eloquent" vs "wax Eloquent..."
Old October 9th 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Gonar the Incontinent

On Oct 9, 1:44*pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,
*Gonar the Incontinent wrote:

So anyway, yes, there is some dampening that happens between the ski
and the center of mass. but the finest gs skiers in the world are very
very very very good at keeping their edges engaged with the snow,
which means that they aren't seeing that much up-and-down (relation to
the vector of the applied force, which is more horizontal than
vertical) acceleration at the skis. *If you want me to wax eloquent on
this subject for a couple-twenty-thousand words, just say the word.
Otherwise, I won't bore you.

No, no, no that's quite alright. *I was actually hoping for a less "fact
and science based" explanation and more of a vigorous, wordy, and
Brownian discussion regarding the meaning of "Vector" vs "vector" and
"damp" vs "moyst." Or "Wax eloquent" vs "wax Eloquent..."

Well then, let me just say this about that, which is to say
that when I pause to consider wordiness and vigor--not just
an academic sense of vigor but a ballsy, manful vigor that
you feel swinging between your legs as you stride purposefully
through the primeval forest looking for tree to cut down with
your sharpened broadaxe--I am often brought back to the
poems of Percy Blythe Shelley and how completely they
differ from an annotated history of the AC Milan football team.
Now you are probably thinking to yourself: "My God this man
can ramble," but really I have a point here and that is this: that
vigorousness needs to be applied to capitalization retrospectively,
that it is not until we peel back the sheaves of the onion and mix
our metaphors unfortunately, that we can determine the context
of the vector and determine whether the word applies to some
stale mathematical notion or to my lively and entertaining
miniature schnauzer, whose name coincidentally is also Vector.
Old October 9th 09, 10:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
[...]

Have you ever read any of Max Shulman's books? Particularly "Rally
Round the Flag, Boys!" He's out of print, so you have to buy them
through Amazon resellers, and they smell like grandma's guest room, but
they are excellent.
Old October 10th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Oct 9, 2:47*pm, Gonar the Incontinent wrote:
[...]

Too bad you've only felt that sense of ballsy vigor in an academic
sense, Dickless Leonard, because as you have proven beyond any doubt,
nothing is swinging between your legs.
For me, I feel that swinging dick sensation when stalking the elusive
electronics deals in Frys, especially when my manly package can swing
freely, motion unencumbered because I am wearing manly leather
motorcycle chaps and manly jeans.
You get to feel **** dripping down your leg.
Hey, did Percy wear Depends, too?

Waxing on TV... [email protected] Nordic Skiing 4 March 10th 06 11:56 PM
waxing don martin Nordic Skiing 5 March 4th 05 09:31 PM
waxing broady Snowboarding 2 February 13th 05 05:44 PM
Waxing Help Wile E. Coyote Nordic Skiing 8 December 27th 04 04:01 AM
Ski waxing JP European Ski Resorts 7 March 5th 04 01:02 AM