Waxing workbench

Old October 8th 09, 03:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MoonMan

Default Waxing workbench--camera commets

downhill wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
MoonMan wrote:

found a price perhaps I'll wait a bit.
What was it? I got tired of looking.

I'm in the UK, so I got GBP 695 or EUR 749 so at current rates
that's just over $1000

ouch

list is 995 over here

I'l stick with ouch I think, mind you does the 995 include sales taxes? the
british and euro prices have to by law.

--
Chris *:-)

Rule 1 - Me first
Rule 2 - Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!
Rule 3 - Skis at the bottom, Head at the top!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old October 8th 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Oct 7, 4:58*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
*downhill wrote:

I'm kidding, that looks super cool. *In order to get "accurate" G force
information do you think it matters where and how you affix to your body?

Yes it matters, in the karts we get a higher g-force reading when the
accelerometer is placed under the faring verses the on the floor.
The recommended place is in the center of gravity and lowest in the car
as possible. One car I run the logging unit with the axis swapped
because in that formula car it interferes with him sitting. In the
software setup I swap the x and y axis. Since you build track maps based
on speed and lateral g-force it looks pretty funny when it shows a curve
on a straight section of the track or braking after a turn. Spend much
of my times chasing variable names as the two major data acquisition
suppliers Pi & motec are from UK and DownUnder are very creative in the
choice of variable names.

In the context of G force accuracy the amount of knowledge gleamed from
the process depends on your method of analysis, if you just look for big
numbers you might be disappointed seems often that trends become more
useful. Or it could turn out all crap because it is a 3 axis
accelerometer and in most automobile cases the z axis is not present to
any degree, but in ski racing the z axis is very present and a component
of your speed

I don't pretend to know anything about this, but I wonder how much the
skilled skier would "dampen" (and I use the word "dampen" casually) the
forces in the upper body vs at the ski.

It's DAMP in this context, unless the skier is actually wetting his pants, and
that's what knees are for.

Geez, Bev, do you normally wet your pants while skiing? I suggest
Depends. You can ask Eric Leonard about them, he's been wearing them
every day since he peed his pants when he saw me in person.

Old October 8th 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:32:00 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

every day since he peed his pants when he saw me in person.

You spelt, "Prison," wrong again, dumbass.

Vote for Palin-Ahhhnold in 2012.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old October 8th 09, 07:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

MoonMan wrote:
downhill wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
MoonMan wrote:

found a price perhaps I'll wait a bit.
What was it? I got tired of looking.
I'm in the UK, so I got GBP 695 or EUR 749 so at current rates
that's just over $1000

ouch

list is 995 over here

I'l stick with ouch I think, mind you does the 995 include sales taxes? the
british and euro prices have to by law.

No sales tax on it, as it varies state by state.
Most states overlook interstate sales unless it is a company that has a
brick and mortar store in that state. In my area nassau, suffolk and NYC
have different sales tax rate.
Plus many race car teams use the exemption as the product is being used
in the production of an other product. But this is the group I sell to
and I make very little on parts sales my incomes from install and
running the stuff and building custom parts for installs as no two race
cars are ever the same
Old October 8th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
The Real Bev wrote:

I don't pretend to know anything about this, but I wonder how much
the skilled skier would "dampen" (and I use the word "dampen"
casually) the forces in the upper body vs at the ski.

It's DAMP in this context, unless the skier is actually wetting his
pants, and
that's what knees are for.

Look, there's only one way to settle this war of terminology and that
is to bring in an expert in MA* (*Motion Analysis) and have him clear
this up straight away. Don't think I won't do it!

And you complained about me.

Old October 8th 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
The Real Bev wrote:

I don't pretend to know anything about this, but I wonder how much
the skilled skier would "dampen" (and I use the word "dampen"
casually) the forces in the upper body vs at the ski.

It's DAMP in this context, unless the skier is actually wetting his
pants, and
that's what knees are for.

Look, there's only one way to settle this war of terminology and that
is to bring in an expert in MA* (*Motion Analysis) and have him clear
this up straight away. Don't think I won't do it!

And you complained about me.

Hey, I can be rash AND hypocritical too
Old October 9th 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
"MoonMan" wrote:

downhill wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
MoonMan wrote:

found a price perhaps I'll wait a bit.
What was it? I got tired of looking.

I'm in the UK, so I got GBP 695 or EUR 749 so at current rates
that's just over $1000

ouch

list is 995 over here

I'l stick with ouch I think, mind you does the 995 include sales taxes? the
british and euro prices have to by law.

I do wonder if the iPhone is capable of doing that. It has
accelerometers, GPS and a camera. I wonder if "there's an app for that?"
Old October 9th 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Gonar the Incontinent

On Oct 7, 8:19*pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
*The Real Bev wrote:

I don't pretend to know anything about this, but I wonder how much the
skilled skier would "dampen" (and I use the word "dampen" casually) the
forces in the upper body vs at the ski.

It's DAMP in this context, unless the skier is actually wetting his pants,
and
that's what knees are for.

Look, there's only one way to settle this war of terminology and that is
to bring in an expert in MA* (*Motion Analysis) and have him clear this
up straight away. *Don't think I won't do it!

You rang? Look I'm Gonar the Incontinent, if anyone knows about damp
in the pants it's me. But in addition, I'm an expert on motion
analysis and physics and accelerometers.

So anyway, yes, there is some dampening that happens between the ski
and the center of mass. but the finest gs skiers in the world are very
very very very good at keeping their edges engaged with the snow,
which means that they aren't seeing that much up-and-down (relation to
the vector of the applied force, which is more horizontal than
vertical) acceleration at the skis. If you want me to wax eloquent on
this subject for a couple-twenty-thousand words, just say the word.
Otherwise, I won't bore you.

Damp/damping, I dunno. I say wet yourselves and see which is the most
useful terminology.
Old October 9th 09, 08:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MoonMan

downhill wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
downhill wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
[...]

You really don't want to know how complicated VAT is between countrys in the
EU, and they're changeing the rules on January the first, I'm glad I'm not
in accounts, because I'll be in France skiing then

What I'm looking for in a camera is something I can use Skiing, On track
days In cars and preferably waterproof so I can use it sailing and climbing
oh and most importantantly better than vga video

Oh by the way I live in Suffolk.

Old October 9th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

MoonMan wrote:
downhill wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
downhill wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
MoonMan wrote:

You really don't want to know how complicated VAT is between countrys in the
EU, and they're changeing the rules on January the first, I'm glad I'm not
in accounts, because I'll be in France skiing then

What I'm looking for in a camera is something I can use Skiing, On track
days In cars and preferably waterproof so I can use it sailing and climbing
oh and most importantantly better than vga video

Oh by the way I live in Suffolk.

In NY state I think there are more counties than countries in EU then
multiply by number of states

I think your in a different suffolk, there ain't no remains of a
bridgehampton race track there.

What tracks do you run on? What kind of car?

Waxing on TV... [email protected] Nordic Skiing 4 March 10th 06 10:56 PM
waxing don martin Nordic Skiing 5 March 4th 05 08:31 PM
waxing broady Snowboarding 2 February 13th 05 04:44 PM
Waxing Help Wile E. Coyote Nordic Skiing 8 December 27th 04 03:01 AM
Ski waxing JP European Ski Resorts 7 March 5th 04 12:02 AM