Waxing workbench

Old October 5th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

Default Waxing workbench

"Bob F" wrote in message
Norm wrote:
"Doonks" wrote in message
another thread destroyed by insanity

Perfect example. Use your killfile. My newsreader shows 7 articles in
this thread, every one of them on topic. Some more interesting and
helpful than others but every one on topic.

I saw 6 where you saw 7. It sure would be nice if the remaining enablers
killfiled him.

Either your server is slow or you've killed someone who I haven"t. I'm
guessing it's Downhill.. He does respond to Scott way too often, but I
have't killed him -so far- because he does talk skiing once in a while.

Old October 5th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Norm wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
Norm wrote:
"Doonks" wrote in message
another thread destroyed by insanity

Perfect example. Use your killfile. My newsreader shows 7 articles
in this thread, every one of them on topic. Some more interesting
and helpful than others but every one on topic.

I saw 6 where you saw 7. It sure would be nice if the remaining
enablers killfiled him.

Either your server is slow or you've killed someone who I haven"t. I'm
guessing it's Downhill.. He does respond to Scott way too often, but I
have't killed him -so far- because he does talk skiing once in a
while.

No, I get downhill.. I plonked a bunch a couple years ago during one of the
major flame wars. Maybe I wasn't selective enough, but getting rid of the
garbage made the group way more bearable.

Old October 5th 09, 09:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Oct 4, 6:50*pm, Doonks wrote:
another thread destroyed by insanity

What a pathetic asshole! I posted on topic, get attacked by insane
wack jobs, and Doonksie has not criticized his buddies. The assholes
never do.
Old October 6th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Norm wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
Norm wrote:
"Doonks" wrote in message
another thread destroyed by insanity
Perfect example. Use your killfile. My newsreader shows 7 articles in
this thread, every one of them on topic. Some more interesting and
helpful than others but every one on topic.

I saw 6 where you saw 7. It sure would be nice if the remaining enablers
killfiled him.

Either your server is slow or you've killed someone who I haven"t. I'm
guessing it's Downhill.. He does respond to Scott way too often, but I
have't killed him -so far- because he does talk skiing once in a while.

Once every 4 or 5 months if he hits a nerve, but I was on topic with
that posting. Actually I try to remind Alan baker he needs any other
hobby....
Old October 6th 09, 02:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Oct 5, 5:13*pm, downhill wrote:
Norm wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
Norm wrote:
"Doonks" wrote in message
another thread destroyed by insanity
Perfect example. Use your killfile. My newsreader shows 7 articles in
this thread, every one of them on topic. Some more interesting and
helpful than others but every one on topic.
I saw 6 where you saw 7. It sure would be nice if the remaining enablers
killfiled him.

Either your server is slow or you've killed someone who I haven"t. I'm
guessing it's Downhill.. He does respond to Scott way too often, but I
have't killed him -so far- because he does talk skiing once in a while.

Once every 4 or 5 months if he hits a nerve, but I was on topic with
that posting. Actually I try to remind Alan baker he needs any other
hobby....- Hide quoted text -

Actually, I would describe Baker's obsession as a transference
fixation. It would really be nice if he transferred his issues to
someone else, as I get rather tired of his insanity.
Clue time, asshole. Stalking, lying, and defaming is not a "hobby"
unless you hang out here..........
Old October 6th 09, 06:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"downhill" wrote in message
Norm wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
Norm wrote:
"Doonks" wrote in message
another thread destroyed by insanity
Perfect example. Use your killfile. My newsreader shows 7 articles in
this thread, every one of them on topic. Some more interesting and
helpful than others but every one on topic.
I saw 6 where you saw 7. It sure would be nice if the remaining enablers
killfiled him.

Either your server is slow or you've killed someone who I haven"t. I'm
guessing it's Downhill.. He does respond to Scott way too often, but I
have't killed him -so far- because he does talk skiing once in a while.

Once every 4 or 5 months if he hits a nerve, but I was on topic with that
posting. Actually I try to remind Alan baker he needs any other hobby....

Correct and agreed. You were one of the 8 I counted who were on topic. Maybe
Bobs server is just slow.

Old October 6th 09, 12:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Waxing workbench--camera commets

Norm wrote:
"downhill" wrote in message
Norm wrote:

.

Once every 4 or 5 months if he hits a nerve, but I was on topic with that
posting. Actually I try to remind Alan baker he needs any other hobby....

Correct and agreed. You were one of the 8 I counted who were on topic. Maybe
Bobs server is just slow.

I try to pay attention to techie type threads.
Been testing this new camera with 3 axis accelerometers and GPS for
speed. It weighs 23 grams and slightly longer that a pack of 100's.
But it shows speed and forces generated as a overlay on video.
Been testing it on cars and the video and data is great, can not wait to
test it when ski racing. The one problem with camera lens and high
humidity days.

I am very curious as to the G forces generated in a turn when skiing,
very interested in determining how accurate it is. As we do not mount
accelerometers loosely it is in a fixed position mounted 90 degrees to
the linear one. Speed should be some what accurate.

http://www.smartycam.com/
Old October 6th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

downhill wrote:
Norm wrote:
"downhill" wrote in message
Norm wrote:

.

[...]

I can't wait to see the incredible G forces developed in 360 spins. :-)

Old October 6th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"downhill" wrote in message

[...]

What part of your body will you mount it on? I don't quite understand "90
degrees to the linear one".
How can you determine how accurate it is? I mean, what can you compare it
against?

I think we were all a little surprised when we first carried GPS skiing at
how slow we were actually travalling. This may not be the case for you as a
racer, but I know in dead tucks straight down a significantly steep fall
line I was only able to manage at best about 45K. Barely quick enough to get
ticketed in a school zone, but it felt really fast. Again, a fast GS type of
skiing might be entirely different, but in normal skiing I would guess that
the upper body achieves quite a bit less G-force than the ankles. Assuming,
that is, we are able to "keep a quiet upper body", still a bit of a strech
for me in moguls. I'm going to guess it would take a pretty wild turn to see
any more than about half a G.

Old October 6th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Norm wrote:
"downhill" wrote in message

[...]

The camera will be mounted to my helmet, but in cars the data logger
normally has the accelerometer in it and you mount the logger with the
linear pointed in your direction of travel. You can place in either
direction depending on how you calculate your results, do you want
braking to be positive or negative number
The lateral accelerometer is in that case is 90 to the linear one
which is parallel to normal direction of travel . But when it is mounted
on your head and you turn your head you will change the positioning of
the accelerometers. But you might be able discount the transition points
and look at numbers in turn. But from spending the last few years
looking at squiggly lines there can be a lot you learn.

I was clocked on a radar gun at 55 in a super-g and that was work. I was
thinking that a super-g or downhill would generate the greater G's.

I am not sure how to insure the accuracy but it also does mapping and
with that I might be able to calculate the number from the radius and
speed.

Most people have no real concept of speed unless they are looking at
speedometer. written on dashboard in cars Pit Lane speed limit 55 3200
rpm in 2nd or 2400 rpm in 3rd or some have buttons that limit speed to
55 with ECU

Waxing on TV... [email protected] Nordic Skiing 4 March 10th 06 10:56 PM
waxing don martin Nordic Skiing 5 March 4th 05 08:31 PM
waxing broady Snowboarding 2 February 13th 05 04:44 PM
Waxing Help Wile E. Coyote Nordic Skiing 8 December 27th 04 03:01 AM
Ski waxing JP European Ski Resorts 7 March 5th 04 12:02 AM