obski: real skiing

Old January 5th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default obski: real skiing

On Jan 4, 7:47 am, downhill wrote:
One simple question:

Is there anybody on the list that thinks flat& boring is not a nut job?

The real question is how many on that list are *real* skiers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdUsmQW1AwE
mogul skiing at Heavenly

Not bad for a 65+ old.

IS
Old January 5th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 5, 9:15*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On Jan 4, 7:47 am, downhill wrote:

One simple question:

Is there anybody on the list that thinks *flat& boring *is not a nut job?

The real question is how many on that list are *real* skiers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdUsmQW1AwE
mogul skiing at Heavenly

Not bad for a 65+ old.

For a comparison, click on any of the other "mogul skiing" videos that
come up on youtube with this one.

Old January 5th 09, 05:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Three Buddha and His Inflatable Dream of Bacon

On Jan 5, 9:15*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On Jan 4, 7:47 am, downhill wrote:

One simple question:

Is there anybody on the list that thinks *flat& boring *is not a nut job?

The real question is how many on that list are *real* skiers?

Not me. Like electromagnetic waves, I have a real and an imaginary
component. You would need a very special camera to capture my skiing.
Old January 5th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Jan 5, 9:15*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On Jan 4, 7:47 am, downhill wrote:

One simple question:

Is there anybody on the list that thinks *flat& boring *is not a nut job?

The real question is how many on that list are *real* skiers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdUsmQW1AwE
mogul skiing at Heavenly

Not bad for a 65+ old.

IS

Defining a "real" skier is pathetic. The fact that you make such a
distinction only reveals your gapper-ish-ness.

I do not consider a you an "unreal" skier. You are happy with what
you do on skis (perhaps a little too happy...but that's been covered
ad nauseum). If you're happy, I'm happy. Why can't you practice the
same philosophy, instead of throwing around labels and thinly veiled
insults ?
Old January 5th 09, 06:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Three Buddha and His Inflatable Dream of Bacon wrote:
itchy wrote:

The real question is how many on that list are *real* skiers?

Not me. Like electromagnetic waves, I have a real and an imaginary
component. You would need a very special camera to capture my skiing.

Not at all. I've got an imaginary camera that takes imaginary pictures
of the imaginary components of real life. I've posted them at the
following website: http://

Enjoy. And by the way, allow me to say that your imaginary component
looks marvelous.

//Walt
Old January 5th 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

itchy wrote:

The real question is how many on that list are *real* skiers?

Not me. Like electromagnetic waves, I have a real and an imaginary
component. You would need a very special camera to capture my skiing.

Not at all. I've got an imaginary camera that takes imaginary pictures
of the imaginary components of real life. I've posted them at the
following website: http://

Enjoy. And by the way, allow me to say that your imaginary component
looks marvelous.

I practice "Quantum Skiing." At any given time I may or may not be
skiing. Whether it's "real" or not is as much a philosophical question
as a question of science.

Dave

/Penis
//I always try to work the word "penis" into any discussion of quantum
physics.
Old January 5th 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Dave Cartman wrote:

I practice "Quantum Skiing." At any given time I may or may not be
skiing. Whether it's "real" or not is as much a philosophical question
as a question of science.

But what about the cat? Is the cat OK?

//Walt
Old January 5th 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jan 5, 9:45 am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jan 5, 9:15 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

On Jan 4, 7:47 am, downhill wrote:

One simple question:

Is there anybody on the list that thinks flat& boring is not a nut job?

The real question is how many on that list are *real* skiers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdUsmQW1AwE
mogul skiing at Heavenly

Not bad for a 65+ old.

For a comparison, click on any of the other "mogul skiing" videos that
come up on youtube with this one.

Your challenge now is to find a clip that is done by one over 65.

Do you still/ever ski moguls?

IS
Old January 5th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote:

On Jan 4, 7:47 am, downhill wrote:

One simple question:

Is there anybody on the list that thinks flat& boring is not a nut
job?

The real question is how many on that list are *real* skiers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdUsmQW1AwE
mogul skiing at Heavenly

Not bad for a 65+ old.

For a comparison, click on any of the other "mogul skiing" videos that
come up on youtube with this one.

Your challenge now is to find a clip that is done by one over 65.

Do you still/ever ski moguls?

Do you? You certainly haven't shown it.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old January 5th 09, 08:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jan 5, 11:03 am, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Jan 5, 9:15 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

On Jan 4, 7:47 am, downhill wrote:

One simple question:

Is there anybody on the list that thinks flat& boring is not a nut job?

The real question is how many on that list are *real* skiers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdUsmQW1AwE
mogul skiing at Heavenly

Not bad for a 65+ old.

IS

Defining a "real" skier is pathetic. The fact that you make such a
distinction only reveals your gapper-ish-ness.

Like "Three Buddha and His inflatable Dream of Bacon," if you ain't
real, your words don't carry weight, (you have no idea on what does
making a life that you can ski 120+ days a season really means,)

I do not consider a you an "unreal" skier. You are happy with what
you do on skis (perhaps a little too happy...but that's been covered
ad nauseum). If you're happy, I'm happy. Why can't you practice the
same philosophy, instead of throwing around labels and thinly veiled
insults ?

and if your words don't carry weight, so is your opinion. The caveat
of your comment is that I'm happy, but you are not.

Your denial shows.

IS