My Fellow Adventurers II

Old October 26th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default My Fellow Adventurers II

Today was the last sailboat regatta of the season. When I checked the
weather this morning it said the following:

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI
420 AM EDT SUN OCT 26 2008

....VERY WINDY CONDITIONS TODAY...

..A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN TODAY.
AHEAD OF THE FRONT SOUTHWEST WINDS GUSTING TO AROUND 30 MPH ARE
EXPECTED THIS MORNING. THE WINDS WILL THEN TURN TOWARD THE WEST
BEHIND THE FRONT AND INCREASE INTO THE 20 TO 30 MPH RANGE WITH
GUSTS BETWEEN 40 AND 50 MPH.
....WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM THIS MORNING TO 8 PM
EDT THIS EVENING...

A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 MPH WITH GUSTS
AROUND 45 MPH ARE EXPECTED. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING
DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES ON NORTH AND
SOUTH ROADS.

USE EXTRA CAUTION WHILE DRIVING OR WHEN ENGAGED IN OUTDOOR
ACTIVITY. SECURE ITEMS THAT COULD BE BLOWN OR DAMAGED BY THE
STRONG WINDS.

Less adventurous folks might have canceled or invented some lame excuse
for not showing. But just because they're warning people that it's too
windy to drive is no reason to cancel a day of sailboat races. It's
like canceling a ski trip because of the snow.

Horvath was invited, but he didn't show. I think he mumbled something
about a hangnail by way of excuse.

//Walt

Old October 26th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:32:59 -0400, Walt wrote
this crap:

Horvath was invited, but he didn't show. I think he mumbled something
about a hangnail by way of excuse.

Horvath was busy saving the world, as usual. I got a copy of the
security tapes from the refueling station, and I will post them on
youtube. You can see proof of my heroic actions.

Vote for John McCain, a true American hero. And Sarah Palin, a true
American babe.

Don't smoke at the pumps. I command it.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old October 27th 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:32:59 -0400, Walt wrote
this crap:

Horvath was invited, but he didn't show. I think he mumbled something
about a hangnail by way of excuse.

Horvath was busy saving the world, as usual. I got a copy of the
security tapes from the refueling station, and I will post them on
youtube. You can see proof of my heroic actions.

You might have prevented a moron from burning down a gas station it
Toledo. That's hardly "saving the world".

You should have come to the regatta. It was a doozy.

//Walt
Old October 27th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Walt wrote:

You should have come to the regatta. It was a doozy.

Pictures he

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...696116&l=9a14c

Such a lovely day!

//Walt
Old October 27th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:12:20 -0400, Walt
wrote this crap:

Horvath was busy saving the world, as usual. I got a copy of the
security tapes from the refueling station, and I will post them on
youtube. You can see proof of my heroic actions.

You might have prevented a moron from burning down a gas station
That's hardly "saving the world".

You do things one step at a time.
When you see evildoers, you should always spring into action.

BTW, I realize now that he knew that what he was doing was wrong.
While he was saying, "What's your problem, dude?" and "Mind your own
business, dude." He was actually saying, "This is my kingdom, dude,
and this station is my castle, and nobody tells me what to do."

He did not realize that he was talking to Horvath, and Horvath was
carrying a mighty sword. And he looked at my face, and saw my eyes,
and he did not notice that I was riding a Pale Horse.

Old October 27th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:34:37 -0400, Walt
wrote this crap:

Walt wrote:

You should have come to the regatta. It was a doozy.

I don't go to doozies.

Old October 28th 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Walt wrote:

You should have come to the regatta. It was a doozy.

I don't go to doozies.

I know. You learned your lesson when you were blown out in the Mills
race a couple years ago. Now it's just light air days for Mr. 4ktSb.

//Walt
Old October 28th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:32:57 -0400, Walt
wrote this crap:

I don't go to doozies.

I know. You learned your lesson when you were blown out in the Mills
race a couple years ago. Now it's just light air days for Mr. 4ktSb.

I believe if you check the record books, I won the Mill's Race a
couple of years ago.

And you're talking to someone who battled sea monsters during a Mill's
Race.