Timing software for Palm Pilot and now also mobile phones?

Old August 20th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Christian

Default Timing software for Palm Pilot and now also mobile phones?

A few years ago, when I was coaching XC skiing a lot, I found a superb
little XC timing programme for my Palm Pilot. I think it was called
'Lickerty Split' or something like that(?)

Now I'm searching for this software again, and at the same time I'm
wondering if any one since then have developed a similar programme for use
on a mobile phone?

That would certainly solve a lot of problems!

Best regards,

Christian
* ...and he was just waiting for the snow to fall! *

Old August 20th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Alaskan Skier

The program name has been changed to "banana split" The web address is
http://www.nnk.com/sport/

Old August 20th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Christian

Sure? I far as I remember from last time I searched for the software, I also
ran across 'Banana Split', but was recommended the alternative, because it
was freeware/ shareware.

A quick glance at the 'Banana split'-homepage does not say anything about
the previous name...?

/Christian

Old August 22nd 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Alaskan Skier

The college that I went to and skied for them paid a guy to design
Lickety-split for our ski team. when it was finished it had a lots of bugs
and still does. However the programmer wanted to make some more money, and
thus Banana split was born
There still might be a couple of lickety-split split programs out there but
they still have the bugs.

Old August 25th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Christian

Thank you very much for your informations. Now I better understand the
'family ties' between the two programmes.

For curiosity: Has Banana Spilt got rid of Lickety's bug problems?

I find it a little bit funny/ strange, that there seems to be no one who has
created a little shareware programme for the use in i.e. cell phones. It
just seems so obivious to me! But of course, I'm not a capable programmer...
/C