Designer drug doping disaster?

Old October 29th 03, 09:12 PM
Richard Henry

Default Designer drug doping disaster and the world series?

"lal_truckee" wrote in message

In my opinion, So Cal should build many Thorium fired Nukes dedicated to
freezing the stolen water and spraying all the mountains in the south
with snow, eventually creating permanent glaciers, re-drawing the water
from the fringes as it melts off; benefits? No big dams, year round
glacier skiing, climate moderation in the valleys, and rippling year
round streams for kayaking, no fires.

Well, it's an idea. Probably as good as anyone elses ...

For the same amount of money we could build a few 12,000-footers and let
them make their own glaciers.

Old October 29th 03, 11:41 PM
ant

Default Designer drug doping disaster?

Scott Elliot wrote:
"ant" wrote in message
Alex Heney wrote:
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:17:41 GMT, "Scott Elliot"
wrote:
While we are off topic on the World Series, how about the National
Hockey League? There are teams from both Canada and the US so
which Nation does the name refer to?
What about World Championship Cricket or Rugby? There are never
any American teams included so how can it be World Championship?

I think your compatriots *currently* playing in the Rugby World Cup
might be a little aggrieved to hear you say that.

Yes, and in a few days, they are going to play the French! The
result, sadly, is a foregone conclusion, the US's surprise win over
giant-killers Japan the other day not withstanding.
I reckon the French are a definite chance for the grand final,
actually. This might be their year.

My compatriots are the Canadians.

ah. I think Alex thought you were American, due to your question, being
about American teams.

I believe they had the distinction
of being the first team officially eliminated. A loss to Tonga on
Wednesday would complete Canada's perfect record.

Pity. We were pretty surprised that the US won a game, and quite
convincingly too. They know where the tryline is, that's for sure. I guess
Canada can improve by playing a few tests against the US.

Rugby Canada has a
little work to do on its game.

Yep. Well, Europe is not that far from you, and you've got the Argies and
Uruguay just down south.

One thing they probably haven't mentioned is that the "underdogs" in this
tournament are getting big crowds and lots of cheers. So the teams that are
getting flogged are getting cheered to the rafters, people wearing their
colours and gee-ing them up.
That's the US, Canada, Namibia, Georgia, Rumania, Tonga, Uruguay, and, of
course, mighty Japan!

Tonga took on the All Blacks during their Haka the other night, that was
brilliant! NZ were thumping out their Haka, the Tongans got all riled up and
started their Haka right at them, and advanced over the halfway line doing
it. Of course, NZ flogged them in the match, but Tonga won the haka.

Hmm, Tonga have scored more than Canada, but have conceded more too. That'll
be an interesting game, playing for the wooden spoon.

ant

Old October 30th 03, 03:03 AM
Scott Elliot

Hmm, Tonga have scored more than Canada, but have conceded more too.
That'll
be an interesting game, playing for the wooden spoon.

Canada actually won the only game of the day, 24-7 over Tonga. England got
more press coverage because of the disciplinary action against them.

Scott

Old October 30th 03, 04:12 AM
The Real Bev

lal_truckee wrote:

Ted Waldron wrote:

To further your education, "Cadilliac Desert" is a good book about how water has
shaped the
Western US.

My education is fine. And I read "Cadilliac[sic] Desert" under its more
common name, "Cadillac Desert." (by Marc Reisner)

I agree with Ted at least on the point that "Cadillac Desert" is a dam
fine read and required for anyone who wants to understand Western US
politics and water culture.

In my opinion, So Cal should build many Thorium fired Nukes dedicated to
freezing the stolen water and spraying all the mountains in the south
with snow, eventually creating permanent glaciers, re-drawing the water
from the fringes as it melts off; benefits? No big dams, year round
glacier skiing, climate moderation in the valleys, and rippling year
round streams for kayaking, no fires.

Well, it's an idea. Probably as good as anyone elses ...

Hey, I'd go for it. Would a glacier be better with or without trees? I
think we can arrange the no-trees variety.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old October 30th 03, 01:36 PM
Walt

The Real Bev wrote:

Hey, I'd go for it. Would a glacier be better with or without trees? I
think we can arrange the no-trees variety.

A glacier is definitely improved by the presence of trees.
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has figured out how to grow trees on
a glacier. But being Californa, and since cost is no object, I'm sure
you could get landscaping to bring in some potted palms and place them
proximate to the Poma lift.

--
//-Walt
//
Old October 30th 03, 09:03 PM
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Hey, I'd go for it. Would a glacier be better with or without trees? I
think we can arrange the no-trees variety.

A glacier is definitely improved by the presence of trees.
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has figured out how to grow trees on
a glacier.

Fertilizer. LOTS of fertilizer.

But being Californa, and since cost is no object, I'm sure
you could get landscaping to bring in some potted palms and place them
proximate to the Poma lift.

Maybe some of those phony palms and pines that supposedly disguise cell
towers, and they could double as lift pylons.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old October 30th 03, 11:12 PM
ant

Scott Elliot wrote:
Hmm, Tonga have scored more than Canada, but have conceded more too.
That'll be an interesting game, playing for the wooden spoon.

Canada actually won the only game of the day, 24-7 over Tonga.
England got more press coverage because of the disciplinary action
against them.

Yeah, read about it yesterday. I was down the coast and TV reception is
variable there.
And tonight, the US plays France (oddly, in the major town on the coast
where i was! The Mighty Woolongong) but all WE get to see is bloody
highlights in the middle of the night! Good grief. Fox Sports have nicked
the lot for the 10 people here who have pay TV.

ant