Good grief! He's a snowboarder

Old March 19th 04, 06:51 PM
AstroPax

Default Good grief! He's a snowboarder

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:27:38 -0500, Walt
wrote:

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/president/kerry/articles/2004/03/19/hot_off_campaign_trail_kerry_hits_slopes_in_idaho/

This is my favorite part of the article:

---
"Only once, on the Upper College trail, a green (or easy) course, did
Kerry fall, when a member of his Secret Service detail collided with
him."
---

Most likely, it was Kerry's fault. The Secret Service Agent was
probably skiing along minding his own business when Kerry recklessly
boarded into him.

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

Old March 19th 04, 07:08 PM
Dragan Cvetkovic

AstroPax writes:

This is my favorite part of the article:

---
"Only once, on the Upper College trail, a green (or easy) course, did
Kerry fall, when a member of his Secret Service detail collided with
him."
---

Most likely, it was Kerry's fault. The Secret Service Agent was
probably skiing along minding his own business when Kerry recklessly
boarded into him.

Sounds like a typical snowboarder then :-)

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

Old March 19th 04, 07:11 PM
Walt

wrote:

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/president/kerry/articles/2004/03/19/hot_off_campaign_trail_kerry_hits_slopes_in_idaho/

This is my favorite part of the article:

---
"Only once, on the Upper College trail, a green (or easy) course, did
Kerry fall, when a member of his Secret Service detail collided with
him."
---

Most likely, it was Kerry's fault. The Secret Service Agent was
probably skiing along minding his own business when Kerry recklessly
boarded into him.

Minding his own business? If he was a Secret Service Agent his business
would be watching Kerry, wouldn't it? It's not clear who was uphill, or
even if the "other skier" was on one board or two.

Anyway, more details at The Note
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/TheNote/TheNote.html
(Scroll down about a quarter of the way. If you're reading this
tomorrow, check the Note archives)

ABC News Kerry campaign reporter "Diamond" Ed O'Keefe, who,
(not) incidentally, looks hot in his ski gear, files this exclusive
report from atop Bald Mountain in Idaho:

As Senator John Kerry carved his Burton snowboard down a green rated
Upper College run, another skier interrupted his stride, colliding
with the presumptive Democratic nominee at 9,010 feet.

The slope-cade of two Ski Patrollers, several Secret Service agents,
two journalists, one camera and one Kerry aide suddenly came to a
halt.
The Massachusetts Senator lay on the ground, removed his Smith
sunglasses, and surveyed the damage.

Assured that the ABC News camera accompanying the entourage had not
captured Kerry's fall, the Senator glared at your sloping Noter and
assured, "I don't fall down. That son of a bitch ran into me."

--
//-Walt
//
Old March 19th 04, 08:13 PM
AstroPax

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:11:55 -0500, Walt
wrote:

//snip//

Assured that the ABC News camera accompanying the entourage had not
captured Kerry's fall, the Senator glared at your sloping Noter and
assured, "I don't fall down. That son of a bitch ran into me."

That sounds exactly like something John Kerry would say, after all,
your typical liberal/democrat usually does blame someone else for
their problems.

-Astro

---

Old March 19th 04, 08:25 PM
klaus

In rec.skiing.alpine AstroPax wrote:
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:11:55 -0500, Walt

Assured that the ABC News camera accompanying the entourage had not
captured Kerry's fall, the Senator glared at your sloping Noter and
assured, "I don't fall down. That son of a bitch ran into me."

That sounds exactly like something John Kerry would say, after all,
your typical liberal/democrat usually does blame someone else for
their problems.

Kinda like blaming boarders, eh? Sounds hypocritical, or typically
conservative/republican.

-klaus

Old March 19th 04, 08:40 PM
AstroPax

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:25:28 +0000 (UTC), klaus
wrote:

Kinda like blaming boarders, eh? Sounds hypocritical, or typically
conservative/republican.

Call it whatever you want, but the guy is a super liberal democrat
*and* a snowboarder. Two wrongs don't make a right.

-Astro

---

Old March 19th 04, 08:57 PM
klaus

In rec.skiing.alpine AstroPax wrote:
Call it whatever you want, but the guy is a super liberal democrat
*and* a snowboarder.

And Bush is a super conservative republican and an asshole.. shrug
At least when Kerry wears a uniform it looks real. With Bush it looks
like a lttle boy playing pretend.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

But three lefts do.

-klaus

Old March 19th 04, 09:21 PM
klaus

In rec.skiing.alpine lal_truckee wrote:
In other words, he's still my kinda guy! I feel better now that I've
realized the true situation. Kerry's conservative where it actually counts.

And I hear he smells like Patchouli. Nuther plus.

-klaus