Acc. in Ischgl

Old August 26th 03, 09:48 AM
Ivan Rafn

Default Acc. in Ischgl

Thank's alot for info.

I have been to Ischgl a few times and on one ocation I too stayed in Mathon.
The frustuck Pension I stayed in was nice, and the skibus, I agree, was no
problem.

However, having afterskied one night, we found that the skibus dosn't run at
nights, leaving only hard to catch cabs (a hassel with skis etc.).

Also I have learned that you get a refund on the liftticket if you stay in
Ischgl.

Talking with people I also learned some hotels have resonable priced
packages with stay and liftcard included, and being close to the lifts on
top.

Being out early, I am hoping to get some recomendation on some of the
I-could-have-told-you-so great deals.

Best regards

"Iain Miller" wrote in message

"Ivan Rafn" wrote in message
k...
Planning long weekend trip for small group in week 10 2004.

Can anyone recomend accomodation, central to lifts. Not neccesaryly

budget,
but good value for money.

Depends on your definition of "budget".

I went for 4 nights in March last year (there were 7 of us). We stayed in
the Hotel Glockner in Mathon (about 3 or 4 miles up the road from Ischgl).
There is a ski-bus between Mathon & Ischgl. We had two flats and it cost
about 50 Euros a night each B&B.

http://www.huber-hotels.at/gloeckner/neubau/index.htm

I.

Old August 27th 03, 11:24 AM
Iain Miller

"Ivan Rafn" wrote in message
k...
"Iain Miller" skrev i en meddelelse

However, having afterskied one night, we found that the skibus dosn't

run
at
nights, leaving only hard to catch cabs (a hassel with skis etc.).

Tricky that - mind you 1 Euro a night to leave your skiis up the

mountain
is
a bargain!

There are dozens of racks of lockers at the top of the main cable car - you
can fit two pairs of skiis in one locker.

I.

Old August 27th 03, 03:57 PM
Ivan Rafn

"Iain Miller" skrev i en meddelelse

There are dozens of racks of lockers at the top of the main cable car -

you
can fit two pairs of skiis in one locker.

For some reason I have always gone by the Pardatschgratbahn from town.
Didn't see any lockers there.
I will have a look at the other stations. Thanks for tip.