Resort Recomendations

Old July 31st 03, 12:04 PM
AJ

Default Resort Recomendations

Starting to make plans for a late February trip with a group of 6-8
skiers/riders.
Been to Portes du Soleil the last couple of years.
It's been pretty good to us, but we're looking for something different this
year.
Our group has some early intermediate skiers as well as those interested in
black or off piste runs.

Any recommendations? Cortina and Courchevel have been mentioned.
Our concerns are snow coverage and ease of access from international
airport.
Thanks for the ideas.

AJ

Old July 31st 03, 05:18 PM
Frances Hinden

"AJ" wrote in message ...
Starting to make plans for a late February trip with a group of 6-8
skiers/riders.
Been to Portes du Soleil the last couple of years.
It's been pretty good to us, but we're looking for something different this
year.
Our group has some early intermediate skiers as well as those interested in
black or off piste runs.

Any recommendations? Cortina and Courchevel have been mentioned.
Our concerns are snow coverage and ease of access from international
airport.
Thanks for the ideas.

AJ

The obvious places with a group of widely differing abilities are the
three valleys and espace killy (val d'isere/tignes). They are both 3
hrs + drive from the airport however. Still we keep going back
because we still haven't skied everything there once, never mind
twice!

Easier to get to is Verbier, which - if it has decent snow - is I
think better for early intermediates than often suggested.
Old July 31st 03, 07:04 PM
ash

Plenty of skiing at Flaine which is only 1.5hr(max) from Geneva airport.
Further away is Les Arcs/La Plagne, joined together by Xmas- a huge area.

"Frances Hinden" wrote in message
om...

Old August 1st 03, 09:24 AM
Jonathan Gogan

its all good!
snow-ski.

If beginer-lessons
if not-ski
repeat - its -all-good,

Avor,Morz,flaine, arc, plaigne, Courch, Meri, Thorens, Tign
its all good!

J.

Old August 8th 03, 08:31 PM
Sue

In message , Jonathan Gogan
writes
its all good!
snow-ski.

If beginer-lessons
if not-ski
repeat - its -all-good,

Avor,Morz,flaine, arc, plaigne, Courch, Meri, Thorens, Tign
its all good!

kin 'L, looks like your brain's overheating!
Can't Ju-jitsu afford air conditioning, or are you "working from home"
because they've relocated you to an office you can't actually reach?

Will your brain close down in stages, or all at once without a backup?
--
Sue ]8(
Old August 28th 03, 09:28 PM
Dominique Foucart

I would go for Samoëns. It's less than 1 hour from Geneva, and from
december 2003, directly linked to Flaine, Morillon (260km of slopes,
all categories of ski). We have been there the last 5 years, and are
still going back (we even bought an appartment there this year...)

Dominique Foucart
www.loc-alpes.com