Universal Sports World Cup Coverage

Old October 27th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Eric N.

Default Universal Sports World Cup Coverage

Does anyone know if Universal Sports is planning on covering any of
the Nordic World Cup events like they did last year? The Downhill
schedule is posted and I did not see any Nordic listed, nor was I able
to find an announcement or press release from this year that said
anything about it.

Is it back to the torrents for those of us in the US?

e.
Old October 28th 09, 10:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jim[_3_]

On Oct 27, 12:33*pm, "Eric N." wrote:
Does anyone know if Universal Sports is planning on covering any of
the Nordic World Cup events like they did last year? *The Downhill
schedule is posted and I did not see any Nordic listed, nor was I able
to find an announcement or press release from this year that said
anything about it.

Is it back to the torrents for those of us in the US?

e.

Last year Universal Sports listed only the Downhill schedule also, but
managed to cover the XC anyway. Hope they do this year, although not
listing XC in their schedule doesn't instill much confidence in their
commitment.
-Jim
Old October 28th 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Maybe it's not be finalized yet? They have an arrangement with the
USST and I think some link with Fasterskier.com, so I would expect it
up sooner or later. You might ask Topher at fasterskier.

Gene

Old November 18th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
james kyes

Jim wrote:
On Oct 27, 12:33*pm, "Eric N." wrote:
Does anyone know if Universal Sports is planning on covering any of
the Nordic World Cup events like they did last year? *The Downhill
schedule is posted and I did not see any Nordic listed, nor was I
able to find an announcement or press release from this year that
said anything about it.

Is it back to the torrents for those of us in the US?

e.

Last year Universal Sports listed only the Downhill schedule also, but
managed to cover the XC anyway. *Hope they do this year, although not
listing XC in their schedule doesn't instill much confidence in their
commitment.
-Jim

Yes they are going to be covering the events.. though i am pretty sure
they will be after the fact... not sure how long after, but they will
not be same day as far as i know. Chad Salmela is doing the
commentary... as a prep for the olympics.
Old November 18th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Still no schedule or even a tab for X-C.

Gene

Old November 21st 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Here's the schedule and where they'll post the video on Universal
sports.

http://www.universalsports.com/news/...ountry+central
Old November 21st 09, 07:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Daniel

And we have torrents, just like last year from BasilBrush -
http://thepiratebay.org/user/BasilBrush/
Old November 22nd 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

Has anybody compared this video with BasilBrush's Eurosport torrent
recording. Which one has a higher definition picture?

"Daniel" wrote in message
Eurosport coverage of women 10 km race:

http://rapidshare.com/files/31014889... nym.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/31016819... nym.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/31018831... nym.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/31020963... nym.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/31023037... nym.part5.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/31025449... nym.part6.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/31025578... nym.part7.rar

Old November 24th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Thanks, Daniel! If you're going to use something like rapidshare, I'd
suggest looking at hotfile.com. While there is a short wait between
downloads there, depending on the size and how long each download takes,
hotfile doesn't have rapidshare's (sometime) log jam and you can get
away with fewer pieces. It's also faster, I think.

Gene