PARK City or Deer Valley

Old January 3rd 04, 05:35 AM
Stromer2

Default PARK City or Deer Valley

I will be going to Park City in a week and would like advice on what resort is
the best for me and my wife. I will obviously have to ski each area to get
familiar with the resort, but would like some preliminary information. I like
the following:

1. I am an intermediate that likes to cruise with quad chairlifts so I can make
lots of runs
2. Long runs without mogles-my knees are not in the best of shape.
3. Groomed slopes - don't like powder unless its a necessity from new snow.
4. I hear Deer Valley has crowd restrictions so the lines don't get long-is
that true. I will be skiing mostly on the weekdays.
5. If anyone is familiar with Mammoth and June Mtn in Calif, I like June Mtn
better because it offers more of what I like-especially no long lines.
Thanks for any advice on the above, Rick
Old January 6th 04, 07:56 AM
Howard Locker

We prefer deer valley as no snowboarders allowed. Slopes groomed
well. Was there over Christmas and no long lines. Take the free
intermediate meet the mountain tour offered every morning and
afternoon. Park City does have some longer top to bottom runs, but
can get plenty of skiing in at Deer Valley.
Old January 6th 04, 10:53 PM
George Nattey

Hi everyone,

Don't really post much anymore, but I have very fond memories of DV pre
2000 - the service there is stunning, and really makes a skiing holiday what
you would expect.

I patroled here in AUS for 10 years, and hate queues - never had a problem @
DV - other UT resorts... hmm...

Enjoy your holiday - it's 38C here tomorrow & I am incredibly envious!

George

om...

Old January 7th 04, 09:50 PM
Kitty Panza

I'll say Deer Valley. Best grooming in the area. Sometimes, there are
side-by-side runs marked blue or black, the difference being one is
groomed and the other is left to bump up. So, it's got some nice steeps
for those of us whose knees can't take the bumps. The liftlines aren't
bad, either. Can't beat the customer service, either. It's nice to
be pampered once in awhile. And, the pastries in the Snow Park Lodge
are to die for (a friend of mine is a pastry chef there).

Be aware that the town is kind of messy right now. We had a boatload of
snow the last 2 weeks, with supposedly more to come. Leave your nice
shoes at home unless they have good tread - the sidewalks get rather
slippery. Also, the Sundance Film Festival starts up on January 15.
It gets CROWDED and CRAZY in town from then until January 25. So,
if this is inside your time frame, be prepared!

Park City Magnum626 Snowboarding 0 February 24th 04 01:00 AM
Lessons in Park City Boardin' Fool Snowboarding 0 January 4th 04 05:23 AM
Park City Ski Condo for rent Vagabundo North American Ski Resorts 0 December 22nd 03 01:06 AM
Jump Start a Park City Forum User Snowboarding 0 November 15th 03 06:57 PM
Park City Mountain Resort Opens November 14 User North American Ski Resorts 0 November 13th 03 08:20 PM