Making lines

Old May 10th 08, 07:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

Default Making lines

On Fri, 9 May 2008 21:38:12 -0700 (PDT), The Dream of Butter
wrote this crap

Right now, it's the demoncrats.

I think they're fighting each other.

Oh, fer cryin out loud everybody. Lighten up! This was about
TOMATOES!!!!!!!
I've lived in Colorado AND Texas, and it's about TOMATOES!!!!!!!

No it's not. This is about Hillary and her fat ****ing cankles.

Viva Osama! (or whoever the black dude is)

"Osama"? Are you insane? I shall get one of my best swords from my
Fortress of Horvatude, and run you through if you ever mention Osama
again.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old May 10th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 9, 1:52 pm, Harry wrote:
On Fri, 9 May 2008 09:02:13 -0700 (PDT), taichiskiing
wrote this crap:

A good strategist does not show off force [needlessly].

Are you kidding? How do you think we won the Cold War?

No, if you raise your arms, so will your enemies, and that's how the
Cold War started. And American may or may not "win" the Cold War--
Soviet Union may be collapsed, but American is now still fighting the
two enemies, Sadam Hussein/Iraq and Osama bin Laden/Al Qaeda that it
fostered to power during the process/Cold War.

A good fighter does not fight in rage.

Tell that to Mike Tyson.

Actually, Mike Tyson may tell you that as well.

A good winner does not provoke confrontation.

A good winner? What is that?

Those who win without the show of forces.

A good administrator takes care his subordinates.

That's a given.

Does Master Bush take care his people/country?

This is known as the virtue of non-confrontation.
This is known as fully utilizing people's potential.
It is acting according to the divine principles,
the highest virtue of the ancient practice.

--Tao-Te-Ching, Ch. 68--

Sounds silly to me.

Maybe just silly you? Constant fighting makes a hard life to live.

"The object of military action is the annihilation of the enemy's
army, the destruction of his cities, and the wastage of his
countryside."

Sun Tzu -- The Art of War.

Yet, Russian lost in Afghanistan, and American lost in Vietnam and
bogged down in Iraq. Your military might doesn't seem to serve its
purpose well.

A good warrior always quotes Sun Tzu.

Not really, time changed, weapons changed, so is the structure of the
world, as well as the means/meaning of living and the perception of
lives changed, those ancient strategies/tactics may not meet the
standards/ethics of modern warfare anymore. Just quoting Sun Tzu does
not make a good warrior.

And by his words, it seems that
George W. Bush is doing an excellant job in Iraq.

After five years fighting, 4000+ lives (not counting how many are
severely wounded), hundreds billions dollars later, there's no clear
winning, and no end in sight, and it seems like "Vietnam" all over
again. "Excellent job"? Define "excellent."

IS

Old May 10th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

"taichiskiing" wrote in message

And by his words, it seems that
George W. Bush is doing an excellant job in Iraq.

After five years fighting, 4000+ lives (not counting how many are
severely wounded), hundreds billions dollars later, there's no clear
winning, and no end in sight, and it seems like "Vietnam" all over
again. "Excellent job"? Define "excellent."

But it isn't Vietnam - Because George Bush had a plan to get out of Vietnam.

Old May 10th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Holy ****! I agree with itchy!
Old May 11th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

wrote this crap:

A good strategist does not show off force [needlessly].

Are you kidding? How do you think we won the Cold War?

No, if you raise your arms, so will your enemies, and that's how the
Cold War started. And American may or may not "win" the Cold War--
Soviet Union may be collapsed, but American is now still fighting the
two enemies, Sadam Hussein/Iraq and Osama bin Laden/Al Qaeda that it
fostered to power during the process/Cold War.

Have you been drinking? This makes no sense.

A good fighter does not fight in rage.

Tell that to Mike Tyson.

Actually, Mike Tyson may tell you that as well.

My point. Thank you.

A good winner does not provoke confrontation.

A good winner? What is that?

Those who win without the show of forces.

Then I've already won.

A good administrator takes care his subordinates.

That's a given.

Does Master Bush take care his people/country?

Absolutely.

This is known as the virtue of non-confrontation.
This is known as fully utilizing people's potential.
It is acting according to the divine principles,
the highest virtue of the ancient practice.

--Tao-Te-Ching, Ch. 68--

Sounds silly to me.

Maybe just silly you? Constant fighting makes a hard life to live.

It's always a hard life. But victory, honor, and glory goes to the
winner.

"The object of military action is the annihilation of the enemy's
army, the destruction of his cities, and the wastage of his
countryside."

Sun Tzu -- The Art of War.

Yet, Russian lost in Afghanistan, and American lost in Vietnam and
bogged down in Iraq. Your military might doesn't seem to serve its
purpose well.

The battle isn't over. What's your point?

A good warrior always quotes Sun Tzu.

Not really, time changed, weapons changed, so is the structure of the
world, as well as the means/meaning of living and the perception of
lives changed, those ancient strategies/tactics may not meet the
standards/ethics of modern warfare anymore. Just quoting Sun Tzu does
not make a good warrior.

You are wrong, again.

Sun Tzu's words are eternal. His name will live forever.

And by his words, it seems that
George W. Bush is doing an excellant job in Iraq.

After five years fighting, 4000+ lives (not counting how many are
severely wounded), hundreds billions dollars later, there's no clear
winning, and no end in sight, and it seems like "Vietnam" all over
again. "Excellent job"? Define "excellent."

It's people like you who are helping our enemies. You are helping our
troops to die. Enjoy your shame.

Old May 11th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

wrote this crap:

A good strategist does not show off force [needlessly].

Are you kidding? How do you think we won the Cold War?

No, if you raise your arms, so will your enemies, and that's how the
Cold War started. And American may or may not "win" the Cold War--
Soviet Union may be collapsed, but American is now still fighting the
two enemies, Sadam Hussein/Iraq and Osama bin Laden/Al Qaeda that it
fostered to power during the process/Cold War.

Have you been drinking? This makes no sense.

No, they don't make sense, but they are historical facts.

A good fighter does not fight in rage.

Tell that to Mike Tyson.

Actually, Mike Tyson may tell you that as well.

My point. Thank you.

What's your point? Mike Tyson fights in rage?

Not really, you won't last a professional bout if you fight in rage.

A good winner does not provoke confrontation.

A good winner? What is that?

Those who win without the show of forces.

Then I've already won.

What have you won?

A good administrator takes care his subordinates.

That's a given.

Does Master Bush take care his people/country?

Absolutely.

Well, you need to tell those million people who are about to lose
their houses about it.

This is known as the virtue of non-confrontation.
This is known as fully utilizing people's potential.
It is acting according to the divine principles,
the highest virtue of the ancient practice.

--Tao-Te-Ching, Ch. 68--

Sounds silly to me.

Maybe just silly you? Constant fighting makes a hard life to live.

It's always a hard life. But victory, honor, and glory goes to the
winner.

Guess it is a hard life for you.

"The object of military action is the annihilation of the enemy's
army, the destruction of his cities, and the wastage of his
countryside."

Sun Tzu -- The Art of War.

Yet, Russian lost in Afghanistan, and American lost in Vietnam and
bogged down in Iraq. Your military might doesn't seem to serve its
purpose well.

The battle isn't over. What's your point?

"The battle isn't over"? Are you still thinking that you are fighting
in Vietnam War?

For an unnecessary war, five years is too long.

A good warrior always quotes Sun Tzu.

Not really, time changed, weapons changed, so is the structure of the
world, as well as the means/meaning of living and the perception of
lives changed, those ancient strategies/tactics may not meet the
standards/ethics of modern warfare anymore. Just quoting Sun Tzu does
not make a good warrior.

You are wrong, again.

Sun Tzu's words are eternal. His name will live forever.

You may chant that, but it won't make you a good warrior.

And by his words, it seems that
George W. Bush is doing an excellant job in Iraq.

After five years fighting, 4000+ lives (not counting how many are
severely wounded), hundreds billions dollars later, there's no clear
winning, and no end in sight, and it seems like "Vietnam" all over
again. "Excellent job"? Define "excellent."

It's people like you who are helping our enemies. You are helping our
troops to die.

But you think that people like you who sent our troops over, which is
the main cause to cause our troops to die, are not to blame?

Enjoy your shame.

Shame is on you.

IS

Old May 11th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On May 11, 9:01*am, taichiskiing
wrote:

Well, you need to tell those million people who are about to lose
their houses about it.

How is it President Bush's fault that those "million people" bought
houses or took out loans that they could not afford? It's right there
on the paper that the payment might (will) go up. I ALWAYS get 30 yr.
fixed (if I don't pay cash) . For years these people have been making
1/2 the payment I have for the same amount of money and smirking at ME
for being the putz and paying too much. Well, it's time to take their
medicine. I should be allowed to buy their house in a fire sale now or
get a refund on my payments.
Old May 11th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"pigo" wrote in message news:e75227d1-fcc1-452f-bbee-

Well, you need to tell those million people who are about to lose
their houses about it.

How is it President Bush's fault that those "million people" bought
houses or took out loans that they could not afford?

============================== (frickin google posters!)

The credit problem is not the cause of the coming recession, its a symptom.
The cause is President Bush. He is spending however many trillion dollars
you don't have to fight a war there was no need for while ignoring
fundamental issues at home which were his job to deal with. You can't do
that for 5 years and not expect some consequence.

==============================

It's right there
on the paper that the payment might (will) go up. I ALWAYS get 30 yr.
fixed (if I don't pay cash) . For years these people have been making
1/2 the payment I have for the same amount of money and smirking at ME
for being the putz and paying too much. Well, it's time to take their
medicine. I should be allowed to buy their house in a fire sale now or
get a refund on my payments.

==============================

You still build houses for a living, don't you? How difficult would it be to
calculate how many houses you would NOT have built in the last 5 years if
everybody who bought a house was required to meet those conditions?
Reasonable access to credit helps to drive the economy. You are absolutely
correct, there are always risks involved, but if GWB had his priorities in
order 5 years ago, the econmy would have been more than resilient enough to
weather this storm. Instead, its crippled by his hand.

Old May 11th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

"Norm" wrote in message

[...]

I suspect that if the Bush justice dept had been watching over the actions of
lenders a bit better, a lot of people wouldn't have been caught up in this,
because they never would have gotten the loans. Lenders were pretty sloppy about
who they gave loans to. Some neighbors of mine refused to follow through on
their re-finance when they went to sign the final papers, after seeing the
fabrications the lender make to their financial story to make the loan look
acceptable.

blue lines Bucky Alpine Skiing 2 February 13th 06 10:01 AM
Are President's Day crowds and lift lines bad? Eric Snowboarding 1 February 18th 05 06:04 PM
From the front lines - High School Ski Camp - 2004 Marsh Jones Nordic Skiing 0 December 30th 04 02:02 AM
So how wet is whistler snow and how bad are the lift lines? is it quantity over quality? kevin Alpine Skiing 43 September 4th 04 04:53 AM
X-mas and Lift Lines George Evans Alpine Skiing 11 July 29th 04 06:58 AM