My snowbanks

Old May 10th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Dream of Butter

Default My snowbanks

On May 9, 6:17 pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On May 9, 5:49 pm, Yabahoobs wrote:

On May 9, 5:30 pm, Richard Henry wrote:

On May 9, 3:58 pm, Harry wrote: On Fri, 9 May 2008 15:17:38 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

Sometimes I brag about the beer-drinking part, though.

I can drink more beer than you. I'm having a flagon of beer right
now.

An interesting concept - an online drinking contest.

Ha Ha Ha! The challenge is ON! "Any time, any place!"

I'm enjoying a Karl Strauss Amber Lager in a frozen mug right now,
with a Hebrew National Kosher Beef Dog on the side.

Nathans is better.

But is it kosher?

Does it matter? It's a frigging hot dog for Christ's sake! Do you
really
care if a vat of toenails, parts, parts, and parts was blessed by a
rabbi?

Kosher is fascism. Deny all religious lifestyle dogma.
Old May 10th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Dream of Butter

On May 9, 5:49 pm, Harry wrote:
On Fri, 9 May 2008 17:30:56 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

An interesting concept - an online drinking contest.

Ha Ha Ha! The challenge is ON! "Any time, any place!"

I'm enjoying a Karl Strauss Amber Lager in a frozen mug right now,
with a Hebrew National Kosher Beef Dog on the side.

Too-shay! I'm drinking a Labatt's Blue, in a Hooter's can cooler.
I'm washing it down with Captain Morgan's Rum. A drink suitable for a
mighty Hungarian warrior.

I'm drinking Rainier in a bottle. I don't think it's suitable for
human
consumption.
Old May 10th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Dream of Butter

On May 9, 7:29 am, Richard Henry wrote:
On May 9, 6:56 am, "ant"
wrote:

pigo wrote:
On May 6, 6:31 pm, The Dream of Butter wrote:
What never ceases to amaze me is all these people who are all
gungers- ho about the backcountry and getting avalanche certified
and thinking it's all badass and **** that they risk their lives on
steep slopes and the threat of avalanches and... yet... they can't
even ski moguls or firm snow. What's up with that?

You've got a point there. Good powder is about the easiest thing to
ski that there is. AND the most fun.

They put on those very long, very fat twin tip thingies and blast down the
hill. I imagine it's a lot of fun and all, but people who say they're
"expert" but then qualify it with "I don't ski moguls" are rather sad.
There's a lot of them.

I'm an expert. I don't ski moguls if I can avoid it because they make
my feet hurt.

So you're saying that you don't ski moguls because you are pitiful and
weak?

That's okay. You need to change your name, though. Do you might if we
call you "Prudence" from here on out?
Old May 10th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote this crap:

Sometimes I brag about the beer-drinking part, though.

I can drink more beer than you. *I'm having a flagon of beer right
now.

An interesting concept - an online drinking contest.

Ha Ha Ha! *The challenge is ON! *"Any time, any place!"

I'm enjoying a Karl Strauss Amber Lager in a frozen mug right now,
with a Hebrew National Kosher Beef Dog on the side.

Nathans is better.

But is it kosher?

Does it matter? It's a frigging hot dog for Christ's sake! Do you
really
care if a vat of toenails, parts, parts, and parts was blessed by a
rabbi?

Kosher is fascism. Deny all religious lifestyle dogma.- Hide quoted text -

I don't care about the religion part. I care about the parts part.
Old May 10th 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

You've got a point there. Good powder is about the easiest thing to
ski that there is. AND the most fun.

They put on those very long, very fat twin tip thingies and blast down the
hill. I imagine it's a lot of fun and all, but people who say they're
"expert" but then qualify it with "I don't ski moguls" are rather sad.
There's a lot of them.

I'm an expert. I don't ski moguls if I can avoid it because they make
my feet hurt.
=================
I dunno about expert. I'm good enough to ski just about anywhere I want to.
I can and do ski moguls when there is no better snow to ski on. I prefer
soft snow. When there is none of that I can enjoy moguls because skiing is
better than not skiing. Powder skiing is better yet. I'm long past the point
where I care if I prove anything to anyone anyway.

Old May 10th 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

wrote this crap:

Sometimes I brag about the beer-drinking part, though.

I can drink more beer than you. I'm having a flagon of beer right
now.

An interesting concept - an online drinking contest.

Ha Ha Ha! The challenge is ON! "Any time, any place!"

I'm enjoying a Karl Strauss Amber Lager in a frozen mug right now,
with a Hebrew National Kosher Beef Dog on the side.

Nathans is better.

But is it kosher?

Does it matter? It's a frigging hot dog for Christ's sake! Do you
really
care if a vat of toenails, parts, parts, and parts was blessed by a
rabbi?

Kosher is fascism. Deny all religious lifestyle dogma.

Oh please....The dietary restrictions of Muslim and Juddaism are
founded in common sense....Don't eat **** that's nasty. That doesn't
seem fascist. It seems like wise stuff to do... 2000 years ago...or
today.
Old May 10th 08, 07:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Fri, 9 May 2008 21:30:57 -0700 (PDT), The Dream of Butter
wrote this crap:

Kosher is fascism. Deny all religious lifestyle dogma.

The Gods won't like that.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old May 10th 08, 07:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Fri, 09 May 2008 16:31:50 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote this crap:

In article ,
Harry wrote:

On Fri, 9 May 2008 14:36:35 -0700, "Bob F" wrote
this crap:

Some people, like my daughter, do actually like it, and are bloody good at
it
too. It's a difficult skill to master, even if it's not something you want
do yourself. Takes all sorts...

Bumps are one of my favorite things about skiing. There is little that
connects
you closer to the flow of the mountain than a good bump run. It is truly a
dance. My current challenge is to get to the same point on a snowboard.

MY current challenge is to introduce all snowboarders to a new sport,
called, "waterboarding."

Horvath, you've actually gotten funnier as the years go by. I lift up a
flagon of coffee to you!

Dave

I'm serious. But thanks for the high praise.

Old May 10th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

wrote this crap:

[...]

Pork? the other white meat.
Old May 10th 08, 01:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

wrote:

pigo wrote:
[...]

Assume the position. Thank you sir, may I have another.