Talk about Gross

Old May 9th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_16_]

Default Talk about Gross

Walt wrote:

// ...the last time I wore high heels was at a Slade concert...

Wow, I never saw them in concert.

--
ant
Don't try to email me!

Old May 9th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

ant wrote:
Walt wrote:

// ...the last time I wore high heels was at a Slade concert...

Wow, I never saw them in concert.

I don't remember much, other than tottering into the arena on these
ridiculous platform shoes that were all the rage at the time.

That, and the fact that they blew a fuse in the middle of the show,
which at the time I and all my headbanging friends thought was really
cool. "Dude, they like blew a fuse and ****. That's awsome." Now that
I'm older, I realize blowing a fuse in the middle of a show is a sign of
incompetence on the part of the road crew, not a measure of how "rad" a
rock band is.

//Walt
//
// ...didn't drink any wine that day, but probably ate some red meat...
Old May 9th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Fri, 09 May 2008 09:26:32 -0400, Walt
wrote this crap:

I eat red meat, from animals I've killed myself. I drink mead, and I
wear steel armor, and I carry a mighty sword.

And you look maaahvelous in those heels.

//Walt

Those are Army boots. (Or sometimes yachting shoes.)

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old May 9th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Sat, 10 May 2008 00:17:08 +1000, "ant"
wrote this crap:

Walt wrote:

// ...the last time I wore high heels was at a Slade concert...

Wow, I never saw them in concert.

Wasn't Mr. Slade the boss at the quarry that Fred Flintstone worked
at? He gave concerts?

Old May 10th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_16_]

Walt wrote:
ant wrote:
Walt wrote:

// ...the last time I wore high heels was at a Slade concert...

Wow, I never saw them in concert.

I don't remember much, other than tottering into the arena on these
ridiculous platform shoes that were all the rage at the time.

It's interesting that portions of the 70s fashion are back, like flares
(I've even got some), and the girlies are wearing platforms again, but the
boys aren't. And the high-waisted boy's flares don't seem to have made it
back either, and of course the girlies are wearing low-waists.
I haven't seen anyone in white suits yet, either.

That, and the fact that they blew a fuse in the middle of the show,
which at the time I and all my headbanging friends thought was really
cool. "Dude, they like blew a fuse and ****. That's awsome." Now
that I'm older, I realize blowing a fuse in the middle of a show is a
sign of incompetence on the part of the road crew, not a measure of
how "rad" a rock band is.

Probably some dodgey equipment there somewhere, or an overloaded
circuit/series. Or maybe it was a cunning way to stop the show early!
I saw a few shows in the late 70s, including Cheap Trick at an outdoor
stadium, but in those days the sound levels were insane and sometimes it was
hard to work out what hte song was through all the distortion.

Old May 10th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

On May 9, 8:50*pm, "ant"
wrote:
Walt wrote:
ant wrote:
Walt wrote:

[...]

I figured you to be more of an AC/DC or INXS fan.
Old May 10th 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On May 7, 4:19*am, Clarencedarrow
wrote:
Getting old is such a bitch. I've got gout and had bad tophi deposits
on the middle toe of the left foot. I had the podiatrist scrape the
toe out yesterday and in a few weeks I'll have surgery to fully clean
it and repair the joint. My daughter said that if they cut it off to
put it in a jar and she wants it. The really bad thing is no more red
meat or high-heeled shoes.

And you aren't taking your meds for your schizophrenia, either. Shame
that they can't do surgery for that......
Old May 10th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On May 8, 5:35*am, "ant"
wrote:
Clarencedarrow wrote:
Getting old is such a bitch. I've got gout and had bad tophi deposits
on the middle toe of the left foot. I had the podiatrist scrape the
toe out yesterday and in a few weeks I'll have surgery to fully clean
it and repair the joint. My daughter said that if they cut it off to
put it in a jar and she wants it. The really bad thing is no more red
meat or high-heeled shoes.

I'm back in heels! after losing the use of my feet and ankles in 2002, and
thanks to some controversial orthotics (they roll), I'm spending obscene
amounts of money on Italian shoes with actual high heels, and they feel
great. I had osteo arthritis in the toes and toe joints in my 20s, and
that's stilll there, but these orthotics have got everything firing again.
Very happy! I can eat red meat, drink wine, and wear high heels. *So there
you got, mate, find a decent podiatrist, and you'll be wanting to run again.

Old May 10th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On May 8, 5:56*pm, The Dream of Butter wrote:

wrote:

Getting old is such a bitch. I've got gout and had bad tophi deposits
on the middle toe of the left foot. I had the podiatrist scrape the
toe out yesterday and in a few weeks I'll have surgery to fully clean
it and repair the joint. My daughter said that if they cut it off to
put it in a jar and she wants it. The really bad thing is no more red
meat or high-heeled shoes.

Can we still dress up and sing showtunes?

Gilbert & Sullivan? Andrew Lloyd Webber?

Why not do both!

I have. On stage. Need to find some time to do another show.
Old May 11th 08, 04:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Dream of Butter

wrote:

Getting old is such a bitch. I've got gout and had bad tophi deposits
on the middle toe of the left foot. I had the podiatrist scrape the
toe out yesterday and in a few weeks I'll have surgery to fully clean
it and repair the joint. My daughter said that if they cut it off to
put it in a jar and she wants it. The really bad thing is no more red
meat or high-heeled shoes.

Can we still dress up and sing showtunes?

Gilbert & Sullivan? Andrew Lloyd Webber?

Why not do both!

I have. On stage. Need to find some time to do another show.

Do you want to join us?