Turning on flat skis?

Old November 27th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

Default Turning on flat skis?

On Nov 27, 10:40*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On Nov 25, 10:45 pm, twobuddha wrote:

On Nov 25, 9:56 am, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,

*taichiskiing wrote:
On Nov 24, 2:55 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:

Yes, if you pure-carve on an ideal slope, you would have gotten a
"single preset radius turn," and changing the turn-shapes is not
possible without "skidding" and "slipping."

Error: Complete misunderstanding of the interaction of ski design,
edging, and weighting.

Blah, blah, blah...

That is one of the more ironic posts I've seen here in a while.

Hell, that ain't nothing compared to the irony you entertain me with
on a regular basis. *I guess you don't read your own bull****,
Dickless Dave.

LAL is
rigorously on topic and always well informed.

Lloyd is a pathological liar and a cheap shot artist, not to mention
completely devoid of any apparent ethical and moral standards.

I understand how you are being mistreated by them 'net bullies/
gappers, as I have been mistreated by them as well, and I don't mind
your "cannot joint them, beat them" tactic either, but to run around
calling anybody who doesn't agree with you names will not bring
yourself justice either.

Toecheese, you need to work on your reading comprehension. You can
disagree with me without being called names. That's not the issue.
Lie about me, defame me, and threaten me, and that's a different
story.
You will note I have never called you a terrorist, a freak, an
asshole, or a coward. Amongst many other choices. Because you merely
disagree with me.

How to be better than them?

I am better than them. Period. "How" is not a question in this
matter.

Transcend above
their levels. Your posts have shown there's much hatred in you, as
common Buddha practice says, let'em go, if you want to feel better.

I feel great when I get to **** with bullies, liars, stalkers,
terrorists, and assholes, ToeCheese. I hate the ****heads. Vents the
anger.
But thanks for the advice.
Another clue: I transcended above their levels when I got sober. Not
a question.

Old November 27th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

taichiskiing wrote:

[...]

yourself justice either. How to be better than them? Transcend above
their levels. Your posts have shown there's much hatred in you, as
common Buddha practice says, let'em go, if you want to feel better.

Too bad you are completely incapable of practicing what you preach.

This from a pathological liar who joins in the lie fest in this
********?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

But, of course, that has always been the case

Practice what I preach.
Freak, go **** yourself.
Old November 28th 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Nov 27, 10:35 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:
On Nov 27, 9:02 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:
On Nov 26, 9:30 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:
On Nov 25, 11:50 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:
On Nov 24, 10:24 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article

om,
taichiskiing wrote:

You were bragging about that you were racer, and yet, what you
have
not won any title proves that your racing techniques/knowledge
has
already failed, what do you "have" to "coach in correct
techniques"?

I wasn't bragging. I was pointing it out. If you do something for
years,
you learn about it.

If I were you, I were not even mention it to boost my technical
abilities after failed to win any title in the past glories. Even now
you still have got a lot to learn.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to repeat that in English.

Your understanding may improve when you have improved your reading
comprehension.

My reading comprehension is fine... ...but it has to be English.

Then your reading comprehension is not fine, too small a domain,
little knowledge.

LOL

Embarrassing, eh?

And of course, I still have a lot to learn. All of us do.

What I don't have to learn is that carving is good for racing and that
when racers skid a turn, it's because they must, not because it's
faster.

No, when racers skid a turn mostly are because they are too fast for
the turn/gate, i.e. they are behind on the line that they've skied.

And skidding costs them some of the speed, but let's them get around the
gate, just as I said.

Yet, if you on the line with matching speed, you don't have to skid in
order to get around the gate; that's what carving turn for.

"with matching speed", yes. But the point is that you won't always have
"matching speed". Sometimes you'll be going faster than that.

No, you may not catch up with a faster speed, but you can always slow
down to match a slower speed if you good enough; the art of skiing is
not on how fast or how steep one can skis but how one balances the
turning force--"harmonized Yin and Yang," that's the way of Taichi
Skiing.

"Yes, sorry for your delusion."

LOL

Boring.

No wonder they put you at the bottom to teach the beginners;
don't
look the sprays, look his "knee" movements, he was carving. And
that
wasn't my question, I was asking how's your "instructor
assessments"/
MA matches up to that described in the video clip. You cannot
tell the
difference between beginners and experts.

Nope. Sorry.

Boring.

Of course. How can you "coach"/be a good coach where you don't
even
know what your coach function is?

I'm not a coach, so why does it matter? And moreover, how does it
show
you know the difference between a coach and an instructor?

So your "ski coach" title just a figurehead?

Where have I ever claimed to be a "ski coach"?

Ohh... you are not a "ski coach"? Where do you say you teach skiing
again? No ski school in north America uses the title "ski instructor"
anymore, too embarrassing.

Once again, you're completely wrong.

Not that you low rank "ski instructor" can tell.

Once again: try English. But you are completely wrong because my ski
school uses the title "Ski Instructor".

What's the big deal? Your ski school is behind [the trend].

So, you are not a ski coach, a failed racer, and a busted-knee
intermediate/advanced skier, what qualifies that you a good skier
again?

I'm a ski instructor, a ex-racer and an advanced skier who has actually
heard read and seen what the CSIA teaches.

So, there's really nothing to qualify you as a good skier?

LOL

Nothing to say? Yup, shamelessly.

Instructor gives instructions, step by step, as the client is assumed
as "know nothing" on the subject; coach gives guidance, based on the
client's own skiing abilities, to improve/enhance the client's skiing
abilities, not your own way of skiing. As a coach, you don't tell
your
clients that they are "wrong," which you commonly do, only because
they have different ideas from you, and you don't based on that idea
and proceed to give the client completely new set of different
techniques thinking that you know better so it is a better solution.
What you did on RSA, if not for bashing, you have done a poor
coaching
job.

LOL

Really, there are times your client may well be known/skied better
than you.

LOL

Boring.

Nevertheless, he does demonstrate what you CSIA
teaching/techniques
are.

No, actually. The video demonstrates only the CSIA's overall
approach to
classifying students.

You are referring the wrong clip, here's the right clip,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fbdq1wXLso
CSIA level 3 maneuvers

I was referring to the clip you provided, but your new one clearly
shows
skidded turns as well.

I have provided you two links in the beginning; you need to learn how
to read the post more carefully and to improve your reading
comprehension if you want to improve your "'net skiing" skills.

You provided one link.

Reread my post #55 if the thread posting order hasn't been changed,
time stamp Nov 24, 8:18am. That is to say, you don't read beyond your
skull; no wonder you have reading comprehension problems.

LOL

Nothing to say? Yup, shamelessly.

The fact is there's no mentioned anywhere on the 'net or anywhere
else
that you CSIA teaches parallel skiing by teaching sideslipping
first.

But there is in the CSIA instruction handbook. I have one.

Ok, quote it.

Alright. Just as soon as I can find it around here.

Yup, that's what I call "partitioned teaching/learning," and we
have
seen too many instructors know how to do the drills, but still
cannot
ski eloquently.

LOL

Ok, Mr. boring cheap LOL.

LOL

"Ok, Mr. boring cheap LOL."

LOL

Predictable, soon it will turn shameless.

LOL

Did I just predict that you LOL going to turn shameless soon enough?
No need to beat this dead horse now,

I rest,
IS

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

Old November 28th 09, 03:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

If I were you, I were not even mention it to boost my technical
abilities after failed to win any title in the past glories. Even
now
you still have got a lot to learn.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to repeat that in English.

Your understanding may improve when you have improved your reading
comprehension.

My reading comprehension is fine... ...but it has to be English.

Then your reading comprehension is not fine, too small a domain,
little knowledge.

LOL

Embarrassing, eh?

That you don't comprehend English? Not to me.

[...]

Sorry. But the way of racing is to go as fast as you can over the entire
course.

Ohh... you are not a "ski coach"? Where do you say you teach skiing
again? No ski school in north America uses the title "ski instructor"
anymore, too embarrassing.

Once again, you're completely wrong.

Not that you low rank "ski instructor" can tell.

Once again: try English. But you are completely wrong because my ski
school uses the title "Ski Instructor".

What's the big deal? Your ski school is behind [the trend].

Nope. My ski school is just a normal ski school...

....and it disproves your claim that 'No ski school in north America uses

http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg
Old November 28th 09, 02:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Nov 27, 8:19 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:
If I were you, I were not even mention it to boost my technical
abilities after failed to win any title in the past glories. Even
now
you still have got a lot to learn.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to repeat that in English.

Your understanding may improve when you have improved your reading
comprehension.

My reading comprehension is fine... ...but it has to be English.

Then your reading comprehension is not fine, too small a domain,
little knowledge.

LOL

Embarrassing, eh?

That you don't comprehend English? Not to me.

"When get embarrassed, woman cries, and man LOL," human psychology
101.

[...]

If you have to skid a turn, you are not going as fast as you can.
Successful racers learn how to ride the fastest line without braking,
so they learn how to carve to stay on the line, not the "go as fast as
you can..." Guess that's why you could not make it in racing.

Ohh... you are not a "ski coach"? Where do you say you teach skiing
again? No ski school in north America uses the title "ski instructor"
anymore, too embarrassing.

Once again, you're completely wrong.

Not that you low rank "ski instructor" can tell.

Once again: try English. But you are completely wrong because my ski
school uses the title "Ski Instructor".

What's the big deal? Your ski school is behind [the trend].

Nope. My ski school is just a normal ski school...

...and it disproves your claim that 'No ski school in north America uses
the title "ski instructor" anymore'.

Actually, it just proves your ski school is substandard; guess that's
why you even got a "ski instructor" job there. Where did you say your
ski school was, again?

So, you are not a ski coach, a failed racer, and a busted-knee
intermediate/advanced skier, what qualifies that you a good skier
again?

I'm a ski instructor, a ex-racer and an advanced skier who has actually
heard read and seen what the CSIA teaches.

So, there's really nothing to qualify you as a good skier?

LOL

Nothing to say? Yup, shamelessly.

LOL

Comical, the dead horse doesn't know it is dead already.

Ok, Mr. boring cheap shameless LOL, saga continues.

IS

Old November 28th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

If I were you, I were not even mention it to boost my
technical
abilities after failed to win any title in the past glories.
Even
now
you still have got a lot to learn.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to repeat that in English.

Your understanding may improve when you have improved your
reading
comprehension.

My reading comprehension is fine... ...but it has to be English.

Then your reading comprehension is not fine, too small a domain,
little knowledge.

LOL

Embarrassing, eh?

That you don't comprehend English? Not to me.

"When get embarrassed, woman cries, and man LOL," human psychology
101.

Thank you, but we already have a self proclaimed "expert" on psychology
here. We still have an opening for internet legal expert though, ever
since the unfortunate departure of our last one.

Dave
Old November 28th 09, 05:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Nov 28, 4:41*pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

If you have to skid a turn, you are not going as fast as you can.

If one is carrying so much speed that it's impossible for a human to
take the fastest (carving) line, it will be necessary to brake or
skid.

Successful racers learn how to ride the fastest line without braking,

It's possible to gather so much speed that it's impossible to take the
carving line around the bend. The strength of the muscles is a
limiting factor - skis must cause some limitations too.

so they learn how to carve to stay on the line, not the "go as fast as
you can..." Guess that's why you could not make it in racing.

Actually the one who completes the course in the shortest amount of
time (i.e. is the fastest) wins. Nothing else matters.
Old November 28th 09, 09:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Nov 28, 9:51*am, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,

*taichiskiing wrote:
[...]

Must not be talking about me, since I have credentials and
experience. No problem diagnosing you as a psychopath. You see, I've
had classes and continuing education and real world experience with
freaks like you, freak.

*We still have an opening for internet legal expert though, ever
since the unfortunate departure of our last one.

Brag again about committing felonies and getting away with it,
Dickless Dave Jr.
Shame there are so many openings for pathological liars, craven
cowards, perverts, and delusional stalkers.
You freaks love company.
Old November 28th 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

*taichiskiing wrote:
[...]

Gotta agree with you, Itchieballs, the LOL shtick is pretty pathetic.
Two wack jobs wacking off together.
This is amusing.
Old November 29th 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

taichiskiing wrote:
[...]

That was what I was saying. This started when you claimed that that
video proved that carving was not something racers wanted to do because
the video showed gates where carving wasn't possible.

Ohh... you are not a "ski coach"? Where do you say you teach
skiing
again? No ski school in north America uses the title "ski
instructor"
anymore, too embarrassing.

Once again, you're completely wrong.

Not that you low rank "ski instructor" can tell.

Once again: try English. But you are completely wrong because my ski
school uses the title "Ski Instructor".

What's the big deal? Your ski school is behind [the trend].

Nope. My ski school is just a normal ski school...

...and it disproves your claim that 'No ski school in north America uses
the title "ski instructor" anymore'.

Actually, it just proves your ski school is substandard; guess that's
why you even got a "ski instructor" job there. Where did you say your
ski school was, again?

Nope. It proves you were wrong that 'No ski school in north America uses
the title "ski instructor" anymore'. That's all.