Making lines

Old May 6th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

Default Making lines

In article
,
The Dream of Butter wrote:

On May 4, 1:50 am, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,
Not That Dave wrote:

Has anyone besides me noticed that ChaiTeaSkiing's email address is
"The Dream of Butter"?

That actually made me fond of him until I saw it was the
dreamofbutterfly - which of course is another psuedo-spiritual load of
clap-trap and pish-posh.

If I didn't already have an anonymous cowardly unverified email address,
I would use the "dream of butter" or perhaps the "dream of bacon."

Well, in keeping with my reputation as clown prince of the internets,
I have decided to change my name to the "The Dream of Butter".

You!.. You!.. Ooooh! I hate you so much right now!

And maybe I'll post up some videos of me skiing.

And call my technique "Last Tango Skiing."

And tie it into a lot of French philosophical claptrap.

I can't even look at you right now, you stealer of things I might never
around to.

That Other Dave
Old May 6th 08, 10:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Mon, 5 May 2008 20:53:17 -0700 (PDT), The Dream of Butter
wrote this crap:

And tie it into a lot of French philosophical claptrap.

Cause my skiing is frequently compared to French things, like crepes,
existentialism, and buttsex with Maria Schneider.

And hating Americans? Mighty Hungarian warriors spit on all things
that are french.

Enjoy your freedom fries, dumbass.

Mighty Hungarians warriors would be advised to keep a civil tongue in
their heads, lest they find themselves duct-taped to a park bench in
Cincinati getting the butter treatment from a street mime.

How dare you say such things to a mighty Hungarian warrior in front of
his minions! I spit on you, and your street mimes! If I saw you, I
would run you through with a rusty sword! I hope you are prepared to
die.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old May 6th 08, 11:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_16_]

taichiskiing wrote:
On May 5, 5:01 am, "ant"
wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 4, 4:02 am, "ant"
wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 3, 3:12 pm, "ant"
wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
Yes, you need the special "high power" computer to read the clip
if you lack of the talent to rise out of your low caliber motion
analysis, skiing knowledge, and poor personalities; it helps you
to see the "line" that you don't/cannot see before.

Uh huh. So you need a special "high power" computer that tells
you what you're not seeing?

You seem to forget is you who cannot find the line in the first
place, or it's just your Jewish style denial?

No computer has higher power than a trained human mind/eyes; how
do you see?

Ah, now I get it. You don't need a special high power computer,
it's your third eye that allows you to imagine you can ski!

What is it a Jewish denial?

A common Jewish practice on the 'net forums/newsgroups when they
lost their arguments/bashing, instead of admitting their lost
gracefully, they would prolong the arguments by using malicious
innuendos, reinterpretation/misinterpretation of the subjects to
redirect the attentions away from their failures, and role-switch,
which the losers revert their stance to the opposite side and
continue to argue as the opposite side as themselves and themselves
the opposite side to deny themselves to see the fact that they have
lost the arguments.

So you don't know it is your imagination that invents the "third
eye"?

Can I call Godwin's on this yet?

So the denial continues.

"when they lost their arguments/bashing, instead of admitting their
lost gracefully, they would prolong the arguments by using malicious
innuendos, reinterpretation/misinterpretation of the subjects to
redirect the attentions away from their failures."

No, it means people are laughing at you, and you don't get it.

Coatrack skiier (with coats attached) look ridiculous on film and ought not
be subjected to ridicule on the interweb.

--
ant
Don't try to email me!

Old May 6th 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_16_]

taichiskiing wrote:
On May 5, 7:26 am, Richard Henry wrote:

Verbose?

Yes, when you only have "word play," it is verbose, obviously.

"Pretending not knowing what is obvious--it's a form of denial."

Here's an excellent new word for you to play with, when Verbose gets too hot
to handle: Prolix.

Old May 6th 08, 11:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_16_]

The Dream of Butter wrote:
On May 5, 7:21 pm, Harry wrote:

And hating Americans? Mighty Hungarian warriors spit on all things
that are french.

Enjoy your freedom fries, dumbass.

Mighty Hungarians warriors would be advised to keep a civil tongue in
their heads, lest they find themselves duct-taped to a park bench in
Cincinati getting the butter treatment from a street mime.

Tai Chai, the fact that no one's pegged you for a troll yet doesn't mean
they won't! Sometimes your broken English gets temporarily sticky-taped
together and very erudite before it reverts.

However, poking fun at whoever it is you get to do the coatrack on skis
thing is too tempting. Unless you actually go out and do it yourself to get
a rise out of us? You should persist in trolling epicski, they'd never ever
pick your trolling and you could have endless fun. They could do very
inexpert movement analysis til the cows came home (long shopping lists of
things to fix, when really, there's only ever one key thing that's wrong).
G'won, you know you want to.

Old May 6th 08, 11:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_16_]

ant wrote:
The Dream of Butter wrote:
On May 5, 7:21 pm, Harry wrote:

[...]

growl! I got double trolled!

darn it.

Old May 6th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

ant wrote:

Tai Chai, the fact that no one's pegged you for a troll yet doesn't mean
they won't! Sometimes your broken English gets temporarily sticky-taped
together and very erudite before it reverts.

You know, I had him pegged as troll at first. Then I saw a couple of
people actually Tai Chi skiing in person - it wasn't him, but there are
others who practice the discipline, believe it or not. It was at Alta,
and IIRC the day after we skied together. The same trip, anyway.

//Walt
Old May 6th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 5, 9:08 am, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 4, 10:22 pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 3, 9:27 pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,

taichiskiing wrote:
it's just your Jewish style denial?

I'm not familiar with "Jewish style denial." Would you please
elaborate?

And you dealt with Scotty for such long time and you don't know his
tactic? You don't know your opponents too well, do you?

Opponent? THis isn't a fight, it's a newsgroup.

"Reinterpretation/misinterpretation"--pretending not knowing what is
obvious--it's a form of denial.

So you're saying this *is* a fight and not a newsgroup? What are you
trying to say then?

"pretending not knowing what is obvious--it's a form of denial."

So, you argue with Scott for so many years, but you don't know that
you in verbal fighting with him? No wonder you stuck with him, and see
no way out. In a conflict, without knowing yourself as well as your
enemies, you have no hope to win.

"What is it a Jewish denial?

A common Jewish practice on the 'net forums/newsgroups when they lost
their arguments/bashing, instead of admitting their lost gracefully,
they would prolong the arguments by using malicious innuendos,
reinterpretation/misinterpretation of the subjects to redirect the
attentions away from their failures, and role-switch, which the losers
revert their stance to the opposite side and continue to argue as the
opposite side as themselves and themselves the opposite side to deny
themselves to see the fact that they have lost the arguments."

1) That's not exactly Scott's tactic. If it were, he'd be arguing that
he was a huge liar and that he had had given Ant the lift tickets.

"he'd be arguing that he was a huge liar..."? Don't think that you got
it right.

You said "the losers revert their stance to the opposite side and
continue to argue as the opposite side as themselves and themselves the
opposite side..."

As the clear loser, that would be the opposite of Scott claims that he
is an honorable truth-teller who was terribly wronged.

Not really, it all depends what the opposite side's claim at the
time.

2) I'm going to respectfully disagree with your assertion that arguing
like that is even remotely a "Jewish practice." If anyone here was
using the technique you described then others would be claiming you were
some sort of humble, self effacing, skiing god and an excellent
communicator.

You lost me on this one. Verbose on reverse psychology [to prolong the
argument]?

I think you actually posted the name of the Macro instead of what the
macro was supposed to print there.

But again, if "the losers revert their stance to the opposite side and
continue to argue as the opposite side as themselves and themselves the
opposite side." then I, as a "jewish styled arguer," would be claiming
you were a humble, self effacing, skiing god and an excellent
communicator. Of course, I'm not.

Sounds logical, but it is too narrow focuse, and it is not what
happened. It actually goes like this, given ant's posts as example: I
made a line and posted it. Ant, as she so eagered to bashing, just
looked the lines on the picture and determined those lines were in one
run, so she can only see they converged and diverged. So, I told her
she didn't get the line right. Instead of admitting that she made
mistakes, she came suggesting that I need a "high power" computer to
see the line. Then I countered that it was her who cannot find the
line, and then she came back suggesting that I cannot see the line.
So, she has reversed the role, used my arguemnt to argument me as
though I'm she. She arguments were not reasonable, so she was in
denial. Yup, that's Jewish style denial.

You probably shouldn't make sweeping statements about "Jewish arguing
practices." But that's just my opinion.

It's not a sweeping statement but a general statement with set
limitations of the English language; you need to learn how interpret
the language properly. Jewish may start such a practice, (as they
think they can even argue with God if they are right, even
conceitedly,) but such practice is not just limit to Jewish culture
but most 'net gappers do that too. It's just a human nature.

I'd like to suggest that bringing in discussions of the relative merits
of major religions and your critiques of the jewish faith in particular
might not be the best way to bring Tai Chi principles to the folks of
RSA.

Well, I think it is time for you folks of RSA to expand your visions
and to have more indepth insight IN SKIING.

And what's wrong with arguing with god? I have a few bones I'd like to
pick with him myself. Cancer in kids. Why he hates Bangladesh. Things
like that.

Actually, you are only a non-believer, no big deal to question God.
Nevertheless, to Jewish theology, God is an absolute figure, always
right, we human should only follow His directions faithfully, no
question asked, as least, that's the front they show on the outside.
Now, back to inside, they think they can argue with God while
knowingly know that God is always right? Thinking they know better
than their God? That's egotism.

IS

Dave

Old May 6th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 5, 12:05 pm, The Real Bev wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 4, 10:22 pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
2) I'm going to respectfully disagree with your assertion that arguing
like that is even remotely a "Jewish practice." If anyone here was
using the technique you described then others would be claiming you were
some sort of humble, self effacing, skiing god and an excellent
communicator.

You lost me on this one. Verbose on reverse psychology [to prolong the
argument]?

You probably shouldn't make sweeping statements about "Jewish arguing
practices." But that's just my opinion.

It's not a sweeping statement but a general statement with set
limitations of the English language; you need to learn how interpret
the language properly.

All things considered, I don't think you're the right person to discuss
the limitations of the English language and its proper interpretation.

Of course not, and neither it is a right place to do it, but those
gappers act like a pack of coyotes smell the blood, they will have
their field day before it is all over. Nevertheless, English, by its
constructions, can only be defined by other English words, which makes
English a closed system. A closed system, in logical term, is called
"uncalculated calculus," which means "the theory may be sound on its
own, but may or may not touch the "outside" reality, and you wouldn't
even know it, until you jump out to the "outside" of the English
language environment. As I have pointed out, English lacks the
capability to describe the state of Unism, unified mind and body,
where the phenomenon were discovered by Chinese thousands years ago.

Jewish may start such a practice, (as they
think they can even argue with God if they are right,

If that's actually true, it seems admirable. It seems only proper that
gods be subject to correction when they err.

Not really, "to Jewish theology, God is an absolute figure, always
right, we human should only follow His directions faithfully, no
question asked, as least, that's the front they show on the outside.
Now, back to inside, they think they can argue with God while
knowingly know that God is always right? Thinking they know better
than their God? That's egotism."

even
conceitedly,) but such practice is not just limit to Jewish culture
but most 'net gappers do that too. It's just a human nature.

Do you mean GAPER here, or are you talking about people whose clothing
is too small?

Gapper is referring to those who have a "gap" in their perception,
thinking, and actions; we have a lengthy discuusion on RSA and
determined that "gapper" is the proper spelling for the word.

IS

--
Cheers, Bev

Old May 6th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 5, 8:15 pm, The Dream of Butter wrote:
On May 5, 8:42 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

On May 5, 7:26 am, Richard Henry wrote:

On May 5, 8:24 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

On May 5, 6:45 am, Richard Henry wrote:

On May 5, 7:12 am, taichiskiing

You have advanced the argument from "you don't know how to ski like
me" through "you don't know how to view a video like me" to "you don't
know how to argue like me".

Basically, you have nothing but funny videos and word play.

And you have only "word play," and verbose to deny it continues.

Verbose?

Yes, when you only have "word play," it is verbose, obviously.

Compare the following:

with

I rest my case.

Yup, arrongantly. You don't know the difference between skiing and
skating?

IS

blue lines Bucky Alpine Skiing 2 February 13th 06 10:01 AM
Are President's Day crowds and lift lines bad? Eric Snowboarding 1 February 18th 05 06:04 PM
From the front lines - High School Ski Camp - 2004 Marsh Jones Nordic Skiing 0 December 30th 04 02:02 AM
So how wet is whistler snow and how bad are the lift lines? is it quantity over quality? kevin Alpine Skiing 43 September 4th 04 04:53 AM
X-mas and Lift Lines George Evans Alpine Skiing 11 July 29th 04 06:58 AM