My pictures, Loveland, 29-Nov-03

Old December 1st 03, 08:45 AM
Sam Seiber

Default My pictures, Loveland, 29-Nov-03

Just wanted to let you all know about my last photo update.
Again, Loveland, 29-Nov-03. 13 pics. To go directly the
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0000.html
or, if you want to see them all
http://www.iskico.com

This last update shows the stake showing 17", while their
official report says 25". Interesting. I just wonder when
they have to report the real base.
Anyway, the stake picture is:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0006.html
While their printed snow report picture is:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0007.html

Did I mention I love my now Volkl Vertigo Gt's? Well they now look like
this:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0005.html

I hope everyone is finally getting in some turns.

Sam "Lovin' my new Volkls" Seiber

Old December 1st 03, 02:10 PM
Jay Pique

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 02:45:25 CST, Sam Seiber
wrote:

Just wanted to let you all know about my last photo update.
Again, Loveland, 29-Nov-03. 13 pics. To go directly the
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0000.html
or, if you want to see them all
http://www.iskico.com

Nice pics Sam! I especially liked the ones of the low level stratus
clouds. That camera can really hold its own. Also, please post more
pics of Susie's ass. Thanks.

JP
********************************
Painting in the snow.

Old December 1st 03, 03:29 PM
Walt

Sam Seiber wrote:

Just wanted to let you all know about my last photo update.
Again, Loveland, 29-Nov-03. 13 pics. To go directly the
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0000.html
or, if you want to see them all
http://www.iskico.com

This last update shows the stake showing 17", while their
official report says 25". Interesting. I just wonder when
they have to report the real base.
Anyway, the stake picture is:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0006.html
While their printed snow report picture is:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0007.html

Did I mention I love my now Volkl Vertigo Gt's? Well they now look like
this:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0005.html

I hope everyone is finally getting in some turns.

Nice pics, Sam. Keep it up and you may wind up collecting more "bite
me"s than Astro.

Sadly, the season has yet to start round here. Maybe this weekend?
I'm still planning to dedicate the first couple of runs to Mike S.

--
//-Walt
//

Old December 1st 03, 04:39 PM
Chester Bullock

Sam Seiber wrote:

Just wanted to let you all know about my last photo update.
Again, Loveland, 29-Nov-03. 13 pics. To go directly the
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0000.html
or, if you want to see them all
http://www.iskico.com

This last update shows the stake showing 17", while their
official report says 25". Interesting. I just wonder when
they have to report the real base.
Anyway, the stake picture is:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0006.html
While their printed snow report picture is:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0007.html

Did I mention I love my now Volkl Vertigo Gt's? Well they now look like
this:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0005.html

I hope everyone is finally getting in some turns.

Sam "Lovin' my new Volkls" Seiber

Sam - did you email them and ask them about it? I would...

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old December 1st 03, 04:54 PM
The Real Bev

Sam Seiber wrote:

This last update shows the stake showing 17", while their
official report says 25". Interesting. I just wonder when
they have to report the real base.

A couple of days ago the Snow Summit report here said no snowmaking, no
new snow, and the current depth was 6" more than the previous day's.
Perhaps some sort of gravitational anomaly...

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old December 1st 03, 04:58 PM
Chester Bullock

The Real Bev wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote:

This last update shows the stake showing 17", while their
official report says 25". Interesting. I just wonder when
they have to report the real base.

A couple of days ago the Snow Summit report here said no snowmaking, no
new snow, and the current depth was 6" more than the previous day's.
Perhaps some sort of gravitational anomaly...

I think last year I called it magic snow. I have already seen an
instance or 2 of it in this years snow reports here in Colorado...

Old December 1st 03, 05:04 PM
Sam Seiber

Chester Bullock wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote:
This last update shows the stake showing 17", while their
official report says 25". Interesting. I just wonder when
they have to report the real base.

Sam - did you email them and ask them about it? I would...

Yep. I might just have to call Colorado Ski Country USA, since
it is them (AFAIK) that set the rules. When I find out, I will
drop a note here.

Sam "Waiting for enough new snow they don't have to lie" Seiber

Old December 1st 03, 05:33 PM
Sam Seiber

Jay Pique wrote:
Nice pics Sam! I especially liked the ones of the low level stratus
clouds. That camera can really hold its own. Also, please post more
pics of Susie's ass. Thanks.

I think those clouds are known as "standing lenticular clouds". A big
sign of unstable air. The drive up I-70 was windy as hell. I figured
I would be in for a classic "breezy" Loveland day. Oddly, it was fairly
calm at Loveland. Very strange indeed, but I will take it.

I was showing off my camera to a guy in the bar that is in the market
for a digital cam. Susie was an easy target.

Sam "Takin' the pictures" Seiber

Old December 1st 03, 05:33 PM
AstroPax

wrote:

Just wanted to let you all know about my last photo update.
Again, Loveland, 29-Nov-03. 13 pics. To go directly the
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031129/pict0000.html

Wow, those clouds are neat. Too bad they don't have any snow in them,
because it sure looks like Loveland could use some.

I know it was November, but still, it looks soooo bare.

-Astro

Old December 1st 03, 05:48 PM
Chester Bullock

Sam Seiber wrote:

Chester Bullock wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote:

This last update shows the stake showing 17", while their
official report says 25". Interesting. I just wonder when
they have to report the real base.

Sam - did you email them and ask them about it? I would...

Yep. I might just have to call Colorado Ski Country USA, since
it is them (AFAIK) that set the rules. When I find out, I will
drop a note here.

Sam "Waiting for enough new snow they don't have to lie" Seiber

Sam - I just looked at your pics (taking a week off, even if part of it
is a holiday, sure can set you back a bit). Are you sure that is their
official stake? Generally speaking, the official mid-mountain snow
depth is reported from a stake that is in a small clearing surrounded by
trees, to present a snowdepth that is mostly unaffected by wind and
skiers (hence the unpacked mid-mountain snow depth that they used to
call it). At Copper, the stake is (or was) in the general vicinity of
the base of the S lift. I would think Loveland has something similar.
Your pic looks to be next to a lift maze...