Powder Skiing Lesson 4U

Old January 20th 04, 04:58 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Default Powder Skiing Lesson 4U

Do this:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Can...YetMorePow.jpg

Mike... 8J

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem
Old January 20th 04, 05:47 PM
lal_truckee

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:
Do this:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Can...YetMorePow.jpg

Exactly. Notice how the ankles are angled to provide the porpoising
effect leading to the next turn. Observe the easy flex in the knees, and
the steadyness of the hips as they remain open to the fall-line.
Consider the centered stance and equal weighting on the skis.

One picture is worth a thousand words, as it easily illustrates the basics.

(Show snorkle. A real snorkle would be two feet long and only the tip
would be visible. I suppose he can get away with a show snorkle because
the wide planks keep him floating high?)

Old January 21st 04, 01:27 AM
Michael Dart

In ,
Let Mikey Ski It! typed:
Do this:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Can...YetMorePow.jpg

Mike... 8J

LOL!! I'll have to dig up my old snorkel before I go to Utah.

Mike - Or would that be 'sno-kel'

Old January 21st 04, 02:30 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

lal_truckee wrote:

(Show snorkle. A real snorkle would be two feet long and only the tip
would be visible. I suppose he can get away with a show snorkle because
the wide planks keep him floating high?)

I was going for that shot. This is about as close as I got:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Canada2004/Deepest.jpg

Mike... 8J

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)

Old January 21st 04, 02:33 AM
AstroPax

On 20 Jan 2004 20:30:33 -0700, "Let Mikey Ski It!"
wrote:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Canada2004/Deepest.jpg

**** this ****. I'm calling the powderbird-helo-guides, next dump.

-Astro

Old January 21st 04, 01:43 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

AstroPax wrote:

**** this ****. I'm calling the powderbird-helo-guides, next dump.

Yahmon! We need to figure out how to turn our pixels into heli time!

Mike... 8J

Old January 21st 04, 04:05 PM
lal_truckee

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

(Show snorkle. A real snorkle would be two feet long and only the tip
would be visible. I suppose he can get away with a show snorkle because
the wide planks keep him floating high?)

I was going for that shot. This is about as close as I got:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Canada2004/Deepest.jpg

That's good. That's very good.

I especially like how you captured in this single picture all elements
that so electrify the deep snow experience, particularly the snow-eating
grin and the "yeeha" echoing off the mountain flanks.

I can make out the tip of that two foot snorkle, too.

Old January 22nd 04, 12:01 AM
AstroPax

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:43:54 -0700, "Let Mikey Ski It!"
wrote:

Yahmon! We need to figure out how to turn our pixels into heli time!

Yes indeed! What a concept.

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---
Old January 22nd 04, 02:45 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:

Yahmon! We need to figure out how to turn our pixels into heli time!

Sell your art?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."