Goin' Big For Warren Miller

Old January 25th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Default Goin' Big For Warren Miller

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:

You should say exactly that to Tom Turiano, Pepi Steigler, Rick Wyatt,
and a host of other people whose boots you aren't worthy to buckle. Let
us know what they think of your definition.

You stupid mother****er- That glacier is unskiable 6 months out of the year.
Petzolt had a **** of a time on a winter ascent to check out a plane
wreck. The ski window of the skillet is realisticly March thru the end of
May. ****in' blow hard.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 25th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
VtSkier wrote:

i.e. skier traffic builds moguls. Enough
skier traffic to build moguls, the snow is
no longer 'wild', regardless of access
requirements.

Bull****. In between storms we have enough traffic in Wilderness Areas to
create moguls. Go back to ice skating.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 25th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Jeff Davis wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Bull****. In between storms we have enough traffic in Wilderness Areas to
create moguls.

Um ... if there's that much skier traffic then it's not really a
"Wilderness Area" is it?

Unless by "wilderness" you mean more than 20 minutes from the nearest
latte stand.

//Walt
Old January 25th 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 24, 3:07*pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ,

bdubya wrote:

I'm genuinely curious - what do OB mogul fields have to do with "wild
snow"?

****loads. *Traffic. Acessability. *Skier stabilization. *Avalanche forecasting in those areas as opposed to *pristine* back country. *Route finding on
Teton Pass is a whole different ball game that up in the Park, and snow pits
correlate extremely well across the east flank of the Tetons. *

Gee, if I hired a backcountry guide to take me out to some wild snow,
and he brought me down through a mogul field, I'd ask for my money
back.
Old January 25th 08, 08:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

Jeff Davis wrote:
In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:
You should say exactly that to Tom Turiano, Pepi Steigler, Rick Wyatt,
and a host of other people whose boots you aren't worthy to buckle. Let
us know what they think of your definition.

You stupid mother****er- That glacier is unskiable 6 months out of the year.
Petzolt had a **** of a time on a winter ascent to check out a plane
wreck. The ski window of the skillet is realisticly March thru the end of
May.

Hey, what happened to the other 3 months ?

25% of the year lost, not quite as much as is missing from your brain.
Old January 26th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:

Still holding on to your moguls=wild snow delusion?

No Avalanche control. No Ski Patrol. Beyond Ski area boundries. That's
wild snow you ****ing idiot. You bull**** ignorant people. You attack me
because I know better. You are unsafe at any speed.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 26th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Legally designated Wilderness by Federal Law. Yes. With moguls. ****ing
idiot. You and Lee should start alt.taos.bull****.artiste
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 26th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"Jeff Davis" wrote

Bull****. In between storms we have enough traffic in Wilderness Areas
create moguls.

Um ... if there's that much skier traffic then it's not really a
"Wilderness Area" is it?

Legally designated Wilderness by Federal Law. Yes. With moguls. ****ing
idiot. You and Lee should start alt.taos.bull****.artiste

Ahh. LEGALLY. Now its all clear. If the gummint says its wild it must be.
OK, then.