Yanked Season Pass

Old December 26th 05, 07:20 PM

Sue wrote:
In message , Olaf Timandahaff
writes

http://tinyurl.com/d3jus

He used to drive Sp0ck into a frenzy, back when all you people were good
and decent.

I thought it was a nicely crafted troll though. I'd give it six points.

--
Sue ];(

: ) But the beat was hard to dance to.

Martha

Old December 27th 05, 05:52 PM

Topher wrote:
(I've skied intoxicated more than sober in my life),

Most resorts sell beer, but I rarely imbibe pendant-skiing beers. On a
few occasions, I've skied with large groups of people (family or club)
and we've had lunch beers and jocular conversation. But on such
occasions it's a group-thing and most skiing occurs on blue groomers
and we gather at the lift and wait for stragglers. I couldn't imagine
going to the resort by myself and drinking enough to blow a .14 then
hitting the slopes. Your local ski area must seriously lack terrain
challenge if this is what you need to do to make it interesting.

Jeff

Old December 27th 05, 11:08 PM

"Topher" wrote in
message . ..
Has any one ever had experience getting there money back for a
season pass after its been pulled? My local resort yanked my pass
for skiing while intoxicated, then called the sheriffs office and
tried to have me arrested for a DWI, and trespassing since I
refused to leave until they gave me a disposition in writing, but
since I wasn't driving the sheriff simply gave me a ride home. I
wasn't skiing out of control nor was I a hazard (I've skied
intoxicated more than sober in my life), but I did get nasty with a
resort employee when he asked to see my pass, and blew a .14 when
the five-0 tested me. It seems almost pointless to hire a shyster
to represent me @ $300 and hour when the price of the season pass
was only $399, but I still want my $399 back since my pass was
revoked for the season. So any way..........has anyone ever
actually received a refund for a season pass after it was pulled,
and how did you convince the Nazi's at the resort to give you back
your cash?

I'd have to really doubt that there is a state law concerning skiing
while intoxicated. And to charge you with DWI, you'd of have to have
been driving a vehicle. The main thing I would look at is the fine
print for your pass. I think that they actually own it. But I also
think that you should be able to make some sort of deal with them
this early on in the season. What area is it?

pigo

Old December 28th 05, 05:45 PM

"Topher" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Topher,
Why are they Nazi's if you were the one who wasn't sober and they way you
were behaving drew negative attention to yourself?

Why don't you start with a letter of apology to the resort and politely
request a last chance to ski responsibly.

Then if they don't agree, spend a few dollars to have an attorney request on
their letterhead, a refund. The resort might grant the refund to get rid of
you and spare the expense of using their in house attorney to argue with
your attorney.

If I had money to risk, I'd bet a paycheck that you wounldn't stand a chance
in small claims court; and you would end up owing some court costs as well.

Old December 28th 05, 09:33 PM

pigo wrote:
I'd have to really doubt that there is a state law concerning skiing
while intoxicated.

IIRC, in Colorado there sure as hell is! No drugs or drinkie while out
making turns!

Sam "I wait until after I am done skiing for the days first beer" Seiber
Old December 29th 05, 04:03 AM

Sam Seiber wrote:
pigo wrote:
I'd have to really doubt that there is a state law concerning skiing
while intoxicated.

IIRC, in Colorado there sure as hell is! No drugs or drinkie while
out making turns!

And despite being an enthusiastic boozer, I heartily endorse that approach.
NO grog (or drugs) while skiing.

--
ant

Old December 29th 05, 04:28 AM

In article , spiffrufusinatimi@
695online.com says...
Sam Seiber wrote:
pigo wrote:
I'd have to really doubt that there is a state law concerning skiing
while intoxicated.

IIRC, in Colorado there sure as hell is! No drugs or drinkie while
out making turns!

And despite being an enthusiastic boozer, I heartily endorse that approach.
NO grog (or drugs) while skiing.

'thout gr0g I could get scurvy though?
Old December 29th 05, 07:01 AM

Sam Seiber wrote:
pigo wrote:
I'd have to really doubt that there is a state law concerning
skiing while intoxicated.

IIRC, in Colorado there sure as hell is! No drugs or drinkie while
out making turns!

And despite being an enthusiastic boozer, I heartily endorse that
approach. NO grog (or drugs) while skiing.

'thout gr0g I could get scurvy though?

best to have some orange juice with yer gin, adn you'll not get the scurvy.

--
ant

Old December 29th 05, 03:29 PM

In message . com, Black
Metal Martha writes

http://tinyurl.com/d3jus

He used to drive Sp0ck into a frenzy, back when all you people were good
and decent.

I thought it was a nicely crafted troll though. I'd give it six points.

: ) But the beat was hard to dance to.

So hard that the OP hasn't answered any questions or incoherently flamed
anyone who criticised him. Nothing but a lingering smell of troll.
I can't wait to tell our trip organiser about the law against skiing
under the influence: if he wants to go there he'll be going on his own!

--
Sue ];(

Onze bieres serieuses, s'il vous plait
Old December 30th 05, 12:00 AM

Sam Seiber wrote:
pigo wrote:
I'd have to really doubt that there is a state law concerning
skiing while intoxicated.

IIRC, in Colorado there sure as hell is! No drugs or drinkie while
out making turns!

And despite being an enthusiastic boozer, I heartily endorse that
approach. NO grog (or drugs) while skiing.

'thout gr0g I could get scurvy though?

best to have some orange juice with yer gin, adn you'll not get the scurvy.

Problem is, I start drinking that kind of jet-fuel [for breakfast], I
don't wanna shki.