Yanked Season Pass

Old December 25th 05, 09:58 AM

Default Yanked Season Pass

Has any one ever had experience getting there money back for a season pass
after its been pulled? My local resort yanked my pass for skiing while
intoxicated, then called the sheriffs office and tried to have me arrested
for a DWI, and trespassing since I refused to leave until they gave me a
disposition in writing, but since I wasn't driving the sheriff simply gave
me a ride home. I wasn't skiing out of control nor was I a hazard (I've
skied intoxicated more than sober in my life), but I did get nasty with a
resort employee when he asked to see my pass, and blew a .14 when the five-0
tested me. It seems almost pointless to hire a shyster to represent me @
$300 and hour when the price of the season pass was only $399, but I still
want my $399 back since my pass was revoked for the season. So any
way..........has anyone ever actually received a refund for a season pass
after it was pulled, and how did you convince the Nazi's at the resort to
give you back your cash?

Old December 25th 05, 01:59 PM

"Topher" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

What resort?

How did they know you were intoxicated?

Why didn't you want to show the employee your pass? Don't you have to
display it to use it?

Old December 25th 05, 04:23 PM

Topher wrote:
Has any one ever had experience getting there money back for a season pass
after its been pulled? My local resort yanked my pass for skiing while
intoxicated, then called the sheriffs office and tried to have me arrested
for a DWI, and trespassing since I refused to leave until they gave me a
disposition in writing, but since I wasn't driving the sheriff simply gave
me a ride home. I wasn't skiing out of control nor was I a hazard

(I've skied intoxicated more than sober in my life),

This one statement says a lot.

but I did get nasty with a
resort employee when he asked to see my pass, and blew a .14 when the five-0
tested me. It seems almost pointless to hire a shyster to represent me @
$300 and hour when the price of the season pass was only $399, but I still
want my $399 back since my pass was revoked for the season. So any
way..........has anyone ever actually received a refund for a season pass
after it was pulled, and how did you convince the Nazi's at the resort to
give you back your cash?

I always question a drunk's opinion of how drunk they were. Good
judgement is always the first thing to go once one has imbibed too
much.

Denial is a nasty thing. Maybe this is actually a sign that you really
should quit drinking, or at least quit drinking so much. Many
alcoholics find they can't cut back, but must cut it out altogether.

If you couldn't drive, what makes you think you could ski? Sorry to
sound so harsh, but I'm relieved that the resort took the time to get
you off the slopes. No one wants a drunk involved in a dangerous while
sober sport who might just actually get them killed.

Martha

Old December 25th 05, 05:10 PM

"Topher" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Did you read the waiver you signed when you bought your pass? You agreed in
writing at that time that if you did what you did you would forfeit your
pass with no refund. If you default on your mortgage will you want your
money back then too? You are very lucky you didn't get a DWI, in some
jurisdictions they can charge you if you have care and control of the keys.

Intoxicated people on the hill are a hazard to everybody, including
themselves. You are an idiot and you got the lesson you desperately needed
at a bargain rate. Good thing it happened before you injured or killed
someone.
HAND.

Old December 25th 05, 06:04 PM

In article _fBrf.66309$2k.46467@pd7tw1no,
says...

"Topher" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

http://tinyurl.com/d3jus

He used to drive Sp0ck into a frenzy, back when all you people were good
and decent.
Old December 25th 05, 07:27 PM

Topher wrote:

(I've skied intoxicated more than sober in my
life)

Well, there something to be proud of! So, if you drive intoxicated more
often then sober, does that mean they shouldn't be allowed to charge you
with drunk driving?

but I did get nasty with a resort employee when he asked to
see my pass

Hey, I feel your pain. How presumptuous of the ass.... wanting to see your
pass while you're using their facilities. NOT!!!

Nothing like a belligerent drunk. Too bad they didn't take you aside and
beat the crap out of you.

Armin

Old December 25th 05, 08:27 PM

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 10:58:38 GMT, "Topher"
wrote:

[...]

You don't. If you got busted that hard when you were only blowing a
..14, then you are clearly a LIGHTWEIGHT who CANNOT HANDLE HIS LIQUOR.

Leave the drinking to the pros, and focus on your skiing instead.

bw
Old December 26th 05, 03:41 PM

In message , Olaf Timandahaff
writes

http://tinyurl.com/d3jus

He used to drive Sp0ck into a frenzy, back when all you people were good
and decent.

I thought it was a nicely crafted troll though. I'd give it six points.

--
Sue ];(

Old December 26th 05, 04:25 PM

In article , lid
says...
In message , Olaf Timandahaff
writes

http://tinyurl.com/d3jus

He used to drive Sp0ck into a frenzy, back when all you people were good
and decent.

I thought it was a nicely crafted troll though. I'd give it six points.

agreed
I used to lurk in here back then, I'm surprised I remembered the nym.

I wish I could remember where I put my friggin' eye glasses though 8-(