Demo ski recommendations for rapidly advancing beginner?

Old January 29th 05, 03:04 AM
Mary Malmros

Dave M wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

foot2foot wrote:

Why *isn't* it about which ski school can take a real group
of students and get better results than another?

I would have thought that by this time you would have seen enough cheesy
Hong Kong action movies to know the answer :-)

Tai Chi Flatboarding?

More like Kung Fu Fighting.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old January 29th 05, 04:51 AM
ant

"foot2foot" wrote in message

BTW, I have heard of a perfect turns "system" as well.
A guy at Bachelor told me they used to be perfect turns
system school, but now they're good old PSIA again.

"Perfect Turn" is the trademarked name of ASC ski schools. They teach a
system sanctioned by PSIA and developed by one of PSIA's leading lights.
Most of the stuff peculiar to them is their very low-end stuff, as you go up
through the levels, it is very PSIA. The most noteable features of it is
how they deal with adult beginners, and their reluctance to teach the
braking wedge (rather they prefer to teach turning to stop).

ant

Old January 29th 05, 05:52 AM
Dave M

Mary Malmros wrote:

Dave M wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

foot2foot wrote:

Why *isn't* it about which ski school can take a real group
of students and get better results than another?

I would have thought that by this time you would have seen enough
cheesy
Hong Kong action movies to know the answer :-)

Tai Chi Flatboarding?

More like Kung Fu Fighting.

*That dude was fast as lightning....

Dave M.

Old January 31st 05, 02:26 PM
Walt

Dave M wrote:
Mary Malmros wrote:
Dave M wrote:

Tai Chi Flatboarding?

More like Kung Fu Fighting.

*That dude was fast as lightning....

....and just a little bit frightening.

Especially if you're below him on the hill.

--
//-Walt
//