Closest ski area to Colorado Springs?

Old August 4th 04, 02:23 PM
Marty

Default Closest ski area to Colorado Springs?

Where is it? It could be any ski area - not just one of the larger areas
(http://www.coloradoski.com/resorts/index.cfm) - unless that is all there
is?

Just curious.

Thanks.
--
Marty

Old August 5th 04, 04:24 AM
TCS

The ski area closest to COS is Loveland.

2nd would be Breckenridge.

When it is open (which is seldom), Cuchara Valley would be second.

Cheers, TCS

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Loveland opens in less than 3 months.
Old August 5th 04, 05:15 AM
CParker

"TCS" wrote in message
The ski area closest to COS is Loveland.

2nd would be Breckenridge.

When it is open (which is seldom), Cuchara Valley would be second.

Cheers, TCS

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Loveland opens in less than 3 months.

If Loveland pass is open, doesn't A-Basin come in second?
And, from memory, if Berthond is open, isn't Winter Park closer than
Breckenridge?
C.

Old August 9th 04, 08:08 PM
TCS

If Loveland pass is open, doesn't A-Basin come in second?
And, from memory, if Berthoud is open, isn't Winter Park closer than
Breckenridge?
C.

Here is a list, to the nearest 5 miles.

Mileage from Colorado Springs to nearby Ski Areas:

115 Breckenridge

120 Loveland

125 Winter Park

125 A-Basin

130 Copper Mtn

130 Keystone

130 Monarch

140 Ski Cooper

150 Vail

I believe that I previously indicated that Loveland was the closest. It is
closer in Time rather than Miles. All freeway all the way - and no mountain
passes to cross. However, Breckenridge is all two-lane road with one minor
and one major pass to cross.

My favorite was always Ski Broadmoor. About 5 miles.

Old August 9th 04, 10:00 PM
Marty

"TCS" wrote in message
[...]

Ski Broadmoor? Is/was that a small ski area in CO? I'm interested in these
smaller areas - or what is left of them. Are there many? Another that you
mentioned was Cuchara Valley.

Thanks!
--
Marty

Old August 21st 04, 04:41 AM
TCS

Ski Broadmoor? Is/was that a small ski area in CO? I'm interested in these
smaller areas - or what is left of them. Are there many? Another that you
mentioned was Cuchara Valley.

(Sorry for the delay - I was on vacation)

Lost ski areas is my hobby. How many would you like to hear about? In
Colorado there were over 100. How about Pikes Peak, Tenderfoot Hill, Holiday
Hills, Sharktooth, Arapahoe East, Squaw Pass, Berthoud (sadly), Geneva Basin,
Hidden Valley, Red Mountain, Ski Dallas, Mesa Lakes, Rimrock, Marble,
Stagecoach, etc., etc.,

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Loveland opens in about 2 months.
Old August 9th 04, 10:46 PM
Sam Seiber

TCS wrote:
TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Loveland opens in less than 3 months.

Yeppers, it is my hope that we just under the
11 week mark. God I miss my beloved Loveland.
Is summer over yet?

Sam