NNN vs NNN II bindings

Old January 26th 05, 11:09 PM
Howard

Default NNN vs NNN II bindings

I have a set of skis and boots with NNN II bindings. My feet have
grown, so I went to the local ski shop for the next size boot. They had
never heard of NNN II, and tried to sell me boots marked NNN. The boots
seemed to fit in the ski bindings.

So, I'm confused. Should I use the NNN boots with my NNN II bindings?
Whats the difference between NNN and NNN II?

Howard
Old January 27th 05, 05:28 AM
The Martins

Howard wrote:
I have a set of skis and boots with NNN II bindings. My feet have
grown, so I went to the local ski shop for the next size boot. They had
never heard of NNN II, and tried to sell me boots marked NNN. The boots
seemed to fit in the ski bindings.

So, I'm confused. Should I use the NNN boots with my NNN II bindings?
Whats the difference between NNN and NNN II?

Howard

The NNN2 binding and boot setup has the metal bar on the boot tucked
about 10mm back from the from of the boot sole, the NNN1 boot has the
bar right at the front edge of the sole. You can use NNN2 boots on a
NNN1 binding with a special rubber flexer installed but you can't use a
NNN1 boot in the NNN2 or NNN3 binding.
Old January 27th 05, 08:39 AM
Terje Henriksen

"The Martins" skrev i melding

The NNN2 binding and boot setup has the metal bar on the boot tucked
about 10mm back from the from of the boot sole, the NNN1 boot has the
bar right at the front edge of the sole. You can use NNN2 boots on a
NNN1 binding with a special rubber flexer installed but you can't use a
NNN1 boot in the NNN2 or NNN3 binding.

I do.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Old January 27th 05, 07:00 PM
Tim Akers

The manufacturers have dropped the 2 from the designation.
NNN-2 is now just NNN
So if you saw a NEW boot marked NNN in the store, it will fit NNN-2
and R3 bindings and NNN automatic step-in type bindings, or any NNN
binding made in the past 14 years or so (except NNN-BC which is
another story).

Tim

Old March 1st 05, 12:40 PM
Mark

Terje Henriksen wrote:
"The Martins" skrev i melding

The NNN2 binding and boot setup has the metal bar on the boot tucked
about 10mm back from the from of the boot sole, the NNN1 boot has the
bar right at the front edge of the sole. You can use NNN2 boots on a
NNN1 binding with a special rubber flexer installed but you can't use a
NNN1 boot in the NNN2 or NNN3 binding.

I do.

This interests me. I also have considered NNN boots onto new NNN2
bindings. Do you have any trouble with the heel being perched higher, or
have you "modded" it ? I mean by cutting two grooves (with a hot knife
or whatever) in the heel part of the boot ?

Old March 6th 05, 06:36 PM
Terje Henriksen

Mark wrote:
Terje Henriksen wrote:
"The Martins" skrev i melding

The NNN2 binding and boot setup has the metal bar on the boot tucked
about 10mm back from the from of the boot sole, the NNN1 boot has
the bar right at the front edge of the sole. You can use NNN2
boots on a NNN1 binding with a special rubber flexer installed but
you can't use a NNN1 boot in the NNN2 or NNN3 binding.

I do.

This interests me. I also have considered NNN boots onto new NNN2
bindings. Do you have any trouble with the heel being perched higher,
or have you "modded" it ? I mean by cutting two grooves (with a hot
knife or whatever) in the heel part of the boot ?

No, I used them as they were.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Old January 25th 13, 08:38 PM
prheath prheath is offline
Junior Member

Hi. My bindings don't fit my skis properly. I was told I need elastimers for an NNN2 binding. Does anyone know where I might buy these?
Old January 25th 13, 08:40 PM
prheath prheath is offline
Junior Member

Actually, I meant my bindings don't work with my BOOTS properly. I bought the boots from a ski shop owner, too, and he assured me they'd work with my skis, but the metal bar is too high and it's hard to get it clicked into my skis, so I have to leave my boots on the skis permanently. Makes it interesting, if I fall while skiing. :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by prheath View Post
Hi. My bindings don't fit my skis properly. I was told I need elastimers for an NNN2 binding. Does anyone know where I might buy these?

Bindings for Salomon Snow Blades Steve Marketplace 0 March 30th 04 07:12 PM
salomon bindings / burton boards Joe Snowboarding 6 December 18th 03 10:48 PM
Mounting alpine bindings Terry Hill Alpine Skiing 26 December 6th 03 06:51 AM
Mount Bindings Schmoe Alpine Skiing 12 November 15th 03 04:02 PM
Atomic Ski Bindings - 4.12 or 6.14 which is better for me? Christopher Luke Alpine Skiing 7 August 10th 03 03:40 PM