Old February 3rd 14, 08:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Colorado in April?

On Monday, February 3, 2014 1:00:47 PM UTC-7, toller wrote:

Now I find it costs $700 and takes 11 hours to fly to SLC, while Denver is $400 and 6 hours. Even though Moab is 2 hours further away, it still makes sense to shoot for Denver if that is reasonable. My wife doesn't mind driving if the roads are okay.

Layovers to SLC that you don't have to Denver? Since they are only about an hour apart by air.

1) Would there be anyplace between Denver and Moab that is likely to have good snow in early April? Please bear in mind that I am looking for groomed trails rather than powder; I expect there might not be good powder anywhere that late, but since I don't want powder...

Telluride is between. Have to check in April for snow. Crested Butte is down there too.

2) Is there any place reasonably warm nearer Denver to hike than Moab.

idk
3) Is the road from Denver to Moab likely to be clean that time of year?

idk

4) I have heard that the west coast is terrible this year, and SLC isn't much better. How about Colorado? No one on the ski lift seems to have been there, so I haven't heard anything.

idk