Old September 28th 03, 01:44 PM
Ian Spare

Default Advice - Switzerland/Austria/France

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:55:32 GMT, pk wrote:

wrote:

Hoping to find recommendations on Intermediate skiing with a good
nightlife (and non-skiing activities). Timing is Christmas week, so
it is early in the season.

That's quite early in the season in terms of snowfall, and in recent
years the most reliable snow at that time has been the resorts in the
Tyrol province in Austria.

You'll also need somewhere with a reasonable elevation, so I'd try for
Solden or St Anton. Both have fairly large villages with excellent
nightlife and non-skiing activities.

For the same reasons Obergurgl or Lech would be good. I find Solden
way to noisy for me, nightlife is just loud and caters for drunk
Germans which is not really my thing. That said there's several good
restaurants and the skiing is not bad at all.

As for the skiing, Solden is mostly Intermediate, and Anton is
int-expert terrain.