Old March 15th 06, 04:02 PM

In article ,
Florian Anwander wrote:
Hi Eugene,
thanks for for your short message. I am now back from the Dolomites:

Any time.

In the more southern regions (Passo Rolle, Passo San Pellegrino) the
snowpack was very good 20 to 30 centimeters of powder on top 30 to 50 cm

On piste the snow situation is perfect. I never before experienced the
pistes in the Dolomites in such a good state!

I pretty much stayed on piste except near the Cinque Torri. Near Tofana
on the first day I put a good gouge into the base of one of my skis.

In article ,
Florian Anwander wrote:
next week I will do a mixed piste/backcountry tour across the Dolomites
(from Passo Rolle to Dobiacco).

I missed a late bus connection on a Sunday in Dobiacco
and debated on 3-star hotels, the new hostel or the pension next to the
train station. I had a great time at the pension and not a word of
English was useful. And the girl behind the counter was really cute.

I actually considered just renting a car and driving around.

The map attempting to show the 460 lifts, towns, other lay out is
impressive.

Or does anyone know a site, where I can find local weather dates from
the last weeks?

Eugene Miya wrote:
Did you search for Italian Weather on a search engine?

I just got my phone bill from that trip: $800. Mostly web accesses, but
also calls to and from the US as well as local calls.